Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer
I did the struts and shocks on my 03 Trailblazer with cheapo ebay shocks, and even that made a world of difference in handling. They weren't that hard to do at home either, just had to borrow the spring compressor from the auto parts store.

Also, did have one water pump go out on me. That wasn't too hard to fix either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

leica posted:

The Trailblazer seems like an alright cheap family cruiser, but I'd rather have a Panther if I was gonna go with a body on frame RWD cruiser.

I'm biased though because I've owned two :3:

For a cruiser, yeah, I'd rather have a Panther.

1996+ Panthers aren't rated to tow much though. Being rated for 5000lbs is one of the big reasons we got a used Trailblazer as a third car a couple years ago. Made it a lot easier decision when we got a boat the next year.

Of course, I kinda wanted a Tahoe/Yukon, but those tend to cost a bit more for comparable age/mileage, and the wife didn't want something that "big".

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

meatpimp posted:

Jesus. With most other fluids done, I hit the oil today. The placement of the filter is certainly annoying. More so is the way the Valvoline guy turned it 3/4 of a turn past snug. And I don't have any oil filter wrenches. And that thing was so far past what I could do with my hands in that position... man, it was ugly. Pry bar through one of the chassis slots gave me enough leverage on it to get it moving, but that was the hardest job I've had on the car yet.

First time I changed the oil on my Trailblazer, I ended up having to pull the front passenger wheel, and stab the filter with a screwdriver to get it loose.

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

The auto subarus have a fuse you can pull that turns it into fwd only, unlocks the center diff and the rear lsd I believe. Maybe pulling that makes it ok for towing?

I didn't know this. When my mom pulled her Forester 30+ hours from Alabama to Montana, she originally rented a front wheel dolly. I made her take it back and get a flatbed for the tow.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

meatpimp posted:

Replace rear wiper arm with updated '07-09 version.

What's the difference in the wiper arms?

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The big one that's not on your list is a Ford Explorer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer
That extra width on the Yukon/Escalade/Tahoe makes a sizable difference inside versus the Trailblazer platform.

• Locked thread