Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
Speaking of depreciation, I paid $16,000 for a 4 year old $48,000 saab 9-7x.

Meatpimp you can't go wrong with the suburban. I have a 2003 z71 and at 220,000 miles It feels the same as it did when I bought it with 80,000. Parts are cheap and plentiful. Maintenance is a piece of cake because there is so much room to work on everything. The only bad thing about it is the 15mpg at 25,000 miles a year. Going a few years later (2009 i think?) would get you a more powerful and efficient engine, and a 6 speed auto vs 4sp. fuel economy would jump to near 20. However the prices for that year and newer are still a bit high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

blk posted:

Did you buy Tremek's Aero? How do you like the 9-7x either way?

I think we both had one at the same time, meaning we owned about 2% of them. It's a trailblazer with air suspension, 4.10 rear end and an LS2. It is simultaneously as crappy and as awesome as you could imagine. I've seen them go for $12k now so jump in for some family hauling fun!

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
Has anybody had success in reattaching the defroster lead? I've seen the kits on the shelf at the parts store for like $15-20 but I can only imagine it being a temporary solution. What is your plan for yours meatpimp? Mine is has been hanging since the end of last winter and winter is coming...

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

meatpimp posted:

I'm torn with mileage. I find tons of them with 170k+ (sometimes +++, I've seen 290k miles on an '03 :wtc: ), so I know that they run for loving ever, since they are just gussied-up GM trucks. But, resale is huge up here for low miles. And Rust-Free is a huge selling point, too... I'll keep looking in FLA.

is there a reason you are not looking at the same vintage of Yukon Denali? Afaik they came with the same 6.0 as the escalade as long as it was the Denali trim. Also I have 240k on my 03 'burban and my in laws have 240k on their 04. They are solid trucks indeed. but now they are looking for a newer one. I have heard about paint issues on the 07-14 generation trucks, or sheet metal issues, k ow anything about that?

• Locked thread