Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Best cop NA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Spies, I love you.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hahaha, that's just awesome. GG everyone.

And nice job Achaen spies in the other thread!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I love how we won and technically never found a scum.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Achaean scumteam:
Rarity, Beetphyxious, ANarc, Tommunist

Trojan Scumteam:
Bifauxnen, The Ninth Layer, tithin, Power of Pecota

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol, nice one

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Seriously, double plurality was a dumb choice by Soag today.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

busb posted:

Achaean scumteam:
Rarity, Beetphyxious, ANarc, Tommunist

Trojan Scumteam:
Bifauxnen, The Ninth Layer, tithin, Power of Pecota

Oh, wow, sorry merk. Nice call on ANarc.

Also, I was starting to doubt Rarity too but she had also kind of disappeared.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Little Mac posted:

I love how we won and technically never found a scum.

We found Tommunist!

Looks like Merk was right about AN.

And wow, I could not have been more wrong about Rarity and Beet.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
:angel:

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Nice job, Rarity. I had some suspicions but you were pretty far down my list.

the fact merk/gp/ecco were all town tho... :eng99:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I feel like Merk and Ecco were so powerful thread-wise they just allowed our scumteam to sit back and chill.

I liked my ability and never got to use it. I had 5 strength but could take a hit for another player I targeted. If I was ever wounded, my strength was DOUBLED. I was like a FIGHT DOCTOR.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I forgot Rarity and Beet were in the game.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Little Mac posted:

I feel like Merk and Ecco were so powerful thread-wise they just allowed our scumteam to sit back and chill.

yepp

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Little Mac posted:

I liked my ability and never got to use it. I had 5 strength but could take a hit for another player I targeted. If I was ever wounded, my strength was DOUBLED. I was like a FIGHT DOCTOR.

They really did and that was why everyone wanted merk to look at someone other than Ecco. It really would have helped.

Here's my PM:

quote:

You are Achilles, Legendary Hero
Combat Skill: 7, Offerings 0

Tall Poppy: (passive) Refuses to go into battle unless it is a defensive battle (ie Greek ships or camp), or is the recipient of a God’s boon or curse, or Patroclus is dead
Duelist: (melee) picks a player, compares combat skills, the loser takes a wound,
Murder Machine: (ranged) picks 2 enemy players. if Achilles has a greater combat strength than both players combined, they both take a wound

You are Achaean (Town) aligned and win when the foolish Pinterest Mom is dead!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

That was really fun, busb! :)

i want to run a soldiers game some day

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Yeah I could heal one wound per night, and targeted Asiina both times.

I could also guide the wrath.

I was basically useless in battle unless I guessed someone's combat skill correctly before battle began, in which case I got an insta-kill. :toot:

Hey do we get to see the scum doc? That's always fun to look at

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And yet I never actually went into battle.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

TMMadman posted:

Seriously, double plurality was a dumb choice by Soag today.

Yeah I noticed the numbers early on but general Governor/Dayvig scaredness scared people off, then the fakeclaims Bif and tithin got ended up being super implicating and it was just OH GOD IF TNL SHOWS UP WE WIN IF NOT WE'RE DEAD

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Rarity played a really good scum game. I was concerned at how negative she was over the Ecco lynch but forgot about it.

Sorry Ecco (kind of)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
hey busb, what was that deal with me feeling sick on N1?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

This is another game where scum team mostly lurked tho, which is a sad state of affairs. Rarity at least came out strong eventually. Thank you Rarity.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Did any of you guys have more than 6 combat besides Achilles? I was a beefy melee dude busting heads in our back row.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

merk posted:

Rarity played a really good scum game. I was concerned at how negative she was over the Ecco lynch but forgot about it.

Sorry Ecco (kind of)

Agreed. Rarity is always really good scum, though.

I'd love to know what the boons were for offerings.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

King Burgundy posted:

This is another game where scum team mostly lurked tho, which is a sad state of affairs. Rarity at least came out strong eventually. Thank you Rarity.

Rarity, the most honorable scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Did we win the first two battles because of me?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Godammit other thread I was killing it over here

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

TMMadman posted:

hey busb, what was that deal with me feeling sick on N1?

TNL had a poison gruel ability that gave -2 to combat stats, it was probably that from whoever had the ability in your guys' thread

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Power of Pecota posted:

Did any of you guys have more than 6 combat besides Achilles? I was a beefy melee dude busting heads in our back row.

I had 5 which could have become 10. I was Menelaus, King of Sparta.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
You guys aren't the real winners you are losers.

Want to know why? Because Trojan beer is the best

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If I hadn't been so tunneled on Ecco, I think I might have gotten Rarity d2. I had some really negative thoughts about how she was approaching an obvious Ecco lynch. That's great to say now that the game is over and all, but it's good as a takeaway for me and maybe also for Rarity. You were too negative on Ecco without putting out someone you wanted to lynch instead in a persuasive way.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I had a 2 combat but if me and Madman were in battle together it would double our combat scores, so he'd be unbeatable basically. If he died my combat score dropped to 0.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Power of Pecota posted:

TNL had a poison gruel ability that gave -2 to combat stats, it was probably that from whoever had the ability in your guys' thread

Yeah, that was probably it then. I didn't know if I was poisoned or just debuffed.

Also, seriously, did I have the best combat skill and never get used in the fight?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

Nah, second night me and.ANarc used our powers on the other team

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Why'd scumbros decide to kill me btw?

Noise level? Or did you see me visiting Asiina?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
First up: apologies.
This was not modded to my usual standard. After the initial delay (I still haven't heard form highwire in about a month!), which really messed with game enthusiasm, I made two significant errors in the game.

Diqnol: should not have died N1, as he was immune to combat wounds from resolution.
Verr: Accidentally wrote merk into his night action results when it was his OWN buff from his action that i noted, not merks.

I made a couple of other small errors, such as missing that assna's cop was an illegal action. I'd caught about 5-6 illegal actions n1 but this slipped through. Also not changing the flavour of Bif's character to Priest of Poseidon was silly, it was a holdover from highwire's flavour and i didn't spot it - but Laocoon was a legit character.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Trojan_War_characters#Individuals
every character in the game was taken from this list, i didn't really distinguish between the Iliad or the Aeneid though.

Lastly, I think that the game motivation spilled into player care. There were a lot of replacements in this game, and due to the nature of the game modkilling in one thread and not the other doesn't really work - which is what really tipped the scales into the Achaen thread's favour.

There's probably more, but yeah.
I don't feel too sorry about Pinterest Mom bailing. He knew there was a deadline and i told him i was going to RNG if cckeane refused because he had told me he wouldn't have time for 3 hours to submit his battle party. I think he must have just been having a really poo poo day or something.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I want a statue.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

If I hadn't been so tunneled on Ecco, I think I might have gotten Rarity d2. I had some really negative thoughts about how she was approaching an obvious Ecco lynch. That's great to say now that the game is over and all, but it's good as a takeaway for me and maybe also for Rarity. You were too negative on Ecco without putting out someone you wanted to lynch instead in a persuasive way.

Yeah cause I wanted Ecco to be lynched, I just didn't want to be involved

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

merk posted:

You guys won battle 1 because tithin and I murdered the poo poo out of Lumpen. I didn't realize our combat scores still counted towards the thread we were spying for, so I'm pretty surprised our backline lost with Amoeba as a legendary archer whatever that means and me having 6 combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rarity posted:

Yeah cause I wanted Ecco to be lynched, I just didn't want to be involved

I called you playing a deep scum game and then ignored it at my own desire to lynch Ecco. :(

• Locked thread