Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Hi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Explain your vote history. Analyze 100yrs. Mention something that someone said that gave you pause.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
In order: jokephase, self depreciating crap that makes me suspicious, nothing yet

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
The brave Trojans should be killing Achaenans and not getting mad at each others...

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I've been making a lasagna. I think. I think it'll be ok.

I haven't voted anyone yet because I haven't seen anything that sticks out or seems out of the ordinary. I find the votes on me are mostly dumb knee jerk reactions.

I don't know what want in the ways of analysis. I have been trying to be extremely direct and clear in regards to my actions and motivations.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Section 31 posted:

The brave Trojans should be killing Achaenans and not getting mad at each others...
What is the point of this post? Scummy.

Are you saying you don't want to find the Scum in this thread and vote them out? Tell me, which Trojans are getting mad at Trojans in this thread? To what are you even referring?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I've been making a lasagna. I think. I think it'll be ok.

I haven't voted anyone yet because I haven't seen anything that sticks out or seems out of the ordinary. I find the votes on me are mostly dumb knee jerk reactions.

I don't know what want in the ways of analysis. I have been trying to be extremely direct and clear in regards to my actions and motivations.
You're coming off as extremely "mannered" and artificial. Insincere.

Anyone else get that impression?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It seems consistent with one reactions from 100yrs so far, so it doesn't feel artificial to me

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

It seems consistent with one reactions from 100yrs so far, so it doesn't feel artificial to me
Consistenly affected and fakey in my opinion but your opposite take is appreciated.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lumpen posted:

Consistenly affected and fakey in my opinion but your opposite take is appreciated.

It could be; they are on my radar a bit based on their earlier posts and if a vote was put to me right this second I would probably vote 100yrs, but we are very light on content on so far and I'd really prefer more to analyze before I definitively call their play fake

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Tldr; post more people

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
We have fallen 130 posts behind the Achaen thread. :mediocre:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Yeah ok that's seriously pretty bad.

I glad to see that unbreakable rule of mafia 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' is going strong. I wanted to try something this game if I rolled town, complete and utter transparency. I think I've done a good job of it and I'm not particularly surprised at the results.

I'm sorry Lumpen because I know you need leave the game in a few days (though the reason why is pretty great), and I'd like to help you make the most of the game but there's only so much one person can do.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Yeah ok that's seriously pretty bad.

I glad to see that unbreakable rule of mafia 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' is going strong. I wanted to try something this game if I rolled town, complete and utter transparency. I think I've done a good job of it and I'm not particularly surprised at the results.

I'm sorry Lumpen because I know you need leave the game in a few days (though the reason why is pretty great), and I'd like to help you make the most of the game but there's only so much one person can do.
If you are Town and don't want to get lynched, talk about someone other than yourself, post "transparent" thoughts about other people with the relentless purpose of determining their alignment. Post about nothing else. Say not one more word about your own play or your own strategy or your own emo voyage.

All you've said about other people's alignments in this game so far is "I haven't seen anything that sticks out or seems out of the ordinary" which is worse than useless. Question and prod people until you produce something that you can form an alignment opinion about and then "transparently" say what the opinion is and why you formed it.

Or just keep playing like Scum, and hopefully flip Scum at the end of D1.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Lumpen posted:

Betrayer, can you tell us a Scum to vote today? If you tell us who to lynch and they flip Scum, truly we know that you can be relied upon.
Paging Betrayer to the thread. Betrayer earn your keep or I swear I will get you lynched today.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm not best suited to combat, j.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I also don't seem particularly good in battle. I could potentially make your best fighter even more kick rear end, but trying to figure that all out would most likely be problematic and a bad idea. But if it happens, it could be great.

In the spirit of spelling out my actions so they're not misconstrued I am deliberately being vague to avoid giving out too much potentially dangerous information to scum.

I should add that if I do I should be in the frontline otherwise I'd be completely and utterly useless.

Lumpen posted:

All you've said about other people's alignments in this game so far is "I haven't seen anything that sticks out or seems out of the ordinary" which is worse than useless. Question and prod people until you produce something that you can form an alignment opinion about and then "transparently" say what the opinion is and why you formed it.

Relax. It's exactly what I'm doing.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Pmom, put me in the frontline please. I have a deathwish, but my opponent will be permanently crippled. I will likely survive my first fight and be much more savage in my second. Let me fight and die so I don't need replaced. I have never replaced out of a Mafia game.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

My strongest impressions:

Venom Soag posted:

also saying my vote is scummy is stupid and youre a bad player

A more fun Lumpen.

Kashuno posted:

Tldr; post more people

Asks people to post and follows up on it himself. Admirable.

Sodomeow posted:

KILL CCKEANE

Is this a joke post?

Sodo has been self-conscious before and after the whole debate on the issue. I figure the latter posts are of a 'ironic' sort though they just come off clumsily. He continues to joke, because that's the only other way I can explain the joke OMGUS vote on birdstrike that has otherwise no merit whatsoever.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Lumpen posted:

I have never replaced out of a Mafia game.

Really? Wow.

Power of Pecota posted:

As someone who read the Iliad and the Odyssey in high school and didn't retain a ton, would the Trojans be the Wu, Wei, or Shu dynasty?

If anyone does have an answer to this I'd like it too. Comparative history is fun.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Section 31 posted:

Where's the infamous Trojan Horse?

As far jokes, introcutions, or confirmations this is the blandest of the bland. His later post on Achaens and Trojans or whatever is making him the candy cotton poster of the game.

Just compare that with tithin's confirmation that came up a bit later. I choose tithin also because it's pretty much all we've gotten out of the guy

tithin posted:

this thing started huh

Tithin reads more naturally because he makes a comment that could've come from anyone. I can relate to that comment and that thought and already tithin is sitting well enough for me as he could be for all the little he has said.

By contrast Section 31 gives us that non sequitur entrance followed by this gem:

Section 31 posted:

completely contrary to the nature of the game in itself. I don't want to go so far as to say it's suspicious behavior but it is incredibly weird.

##vote Section 31

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I'm feeling better about 100Yrs now and agree about Section 31.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I am here, ready to earn my keep.

Also, I utilize the third vote theorem because it's true and it works.

Like right now. Venom Soag is clearly scum. Soag is like some sort of vaguely Greek word, isn't it?

##vote Venom Soag

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Currently S31 looks the worst with his "why are we infighting" comment. It was clear by that time that we had left jokephase, do trying to push the thread back toward that is discouraging discussion and not beneficial to a town player at all.

##vote Section 31

Seriously though there's more than 3 people in this thread

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

remember that we need two viable dunk candidates~

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oh I should be lamely insulting Keane right.

He is dumb, because he is tall, and he keeps knocking his heads on things, which gave him brain damage.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

Oh I should be lamely insulting Keane right.

He is dumb, because he is tall, and he keeps knocking his heads on things, which gave him brain damage.

:drat:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

Seriously though there's more than 3 people in this thread

I think it's a Sunday thing.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I hope so because deadline is tomorrow

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I'm here now and catching up atm.

I might be limited to only defensive battles (I'm checking with a mod) but I'm pretty good in a fight some might even say I'm a prince among men.

Initial impressions, I'm fine with people voting section, but I'm more interested in ##vote birdstrike - they've been posting in the thread but there's an utter lack of any mafia playing on their part. Looking busy while doing nothing useful, seems scummy to me.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Puntification did you not see my not-so-soft claim? Let me spell it out for you then: I am a battlefield duellist.

I'm not getting scummy vibes from 100Yrs. A game I was in with them just wrapped up, I think that's just the way they are.

I can see S31, but what I'd prefer to do for now is ##vote tithin. Yes, this thing has started.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think its against the rules to softclaim stuff

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nm, i read other thread and they doing it all over the place, also they listed their combat stuff lol

TMMadman: "no issue fighting" "good addition" wants to fight in defensive emplacement "pretty good at combat"
Mithross: "raged debuff" "decent at combat"
King Burgandy: "Useful outside of combat" "ranged" if we have to send him in
CCKeane: "can give item to turn scum into survivor"
"Guissuipadsiuop puidfdsaf: your name sucks "good at beating people up"
Merk: "melee dude"
the Nabster: "brutal debuffs" asked to be backline
Capitalist Pig: "useful at combat, but not frontline fighter"
Opoponax: "decent debuffs" "probably better in combat that out"
Asiina: "not greatest at combat" "i'll go if I have to"
Fox Terrier: "party dude"

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
imgay if you were in their camp why did you not kill CCMeane?

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015
##vote 100 His flurry of posts and "im trying a new strategy" posts are scummy as poo poo. His flurry of posts were mostly meaningless comments and filler.

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015
his damned if you do damned if you don't mindset is 100% scumthink

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015
sorry to triple post on this, but when he said that "damned if you do damned if you don't" it was from the attitude that he would rather just survive than scumhunt

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
lumpen reads like hes trying way to hard imo

getting a better feel from 100yearfatty they just sound like a guy trying somethign new and loving up

Birdstrike posted:

Puntification did you not see my not-so-soft claim? Let me spell it out for you then: I am a battlefield duellist.

I'm not getting scummy vibes from 100Yrs. A game I was in with them just wrapped up, I think that's just the way they are.

I can see S31, but what I'd prefer to do for now is ##vote tithin. Yes, this thing has started.

a good vote

##vote tithin

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This seems to just be lumpen. Also his begging to be in combat until he dies seems town to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i can't kill any dudes by reading their thread

• Locked thread