Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
hulu: simpsons, brooklyn 99, everything on cartoon network, everything on CW, 30 rock, parks and rec, tons of decent movies, new episodes appear 1 day after they air
netflix: check out our three popular movies, Ancient Aliens, Amazing Animals, and 400 films you would walk right past if all that survived the apocalype was a tv, vcr, generator and a Blockbuster video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
:firstpost:

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
netflix is really lovely now. I hear Narcos is good but I already watched Blow like 3 times idk

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

How many Simpsons does Hulu have right now

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

"Tezzor" post posted:

400 films you would walk right past if all that survived the apocalype was a tv, vcr, generator and a Blockbuster video

better than all the dum shows you listed

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
hulu sucks. at least i don't get commercials when watching netflix

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

cthulusnewzulubbq posted:

better than all the dum shows you listed

the joke is that the op is addicted to negative attention

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
hulu: mythbusters
netflix: secrets of the bible code revealed

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Thanks for advertising this service for free.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
hulu: penny dreadful
netflix: hemlock grove

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Tezzor posted:

hulu: simpsons, brooklyn 99, everything on cartoon network, everything on CW, 30 rock, parks and rec, tons of decent movies, new episodes appear 1 day after they air
netflix: check out our three popular movies, Ancient Aliens, Amazing Animals, and 400 films you would walk right past if all that survived the apocalype was a tv, vcr, generator and a Blockbuster video

Yeah, we should listen to the opinion of a child.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Really jealous that you get to watch exciting CW shows like Hart of Dixie and The Vampire Diaries.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Really jealous that you get to watch exciting CW shows like Hart of Dixie and The Vampire Diaries.

for the nerd demo, you also get flash, arrow, and supernatural. also all of buffy and angel. you gotta respect the brand!!

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
It's like 26 dollars/mo for netflix, hulu plus and amazon all together. Why even have cable at this point unless sports are your thing?

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tezzor posted:

for the nerd demo, you also get flash, arrow, and supernatural. also all of buffy and angel. you gotta respect the brand!!

please tell me more about your lovely taste in probably everything

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just use Netflix for Star Trek and X-Files.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Netflix is pretty bullshit IMO.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Netflix is pretty bullshit IMO.

can't beat 7.50/month for the amount of content tho

tomatoes and shit
Sep 17, 2015

hulu serves 10 decades of advertising between every 4 minute clip

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Cantaloupe posted:

please tell me more about your lovely taste in probably everything

*sidles up to you as you walk around the lot and sweat heavily in the dim sun of an october morning* hey there champ. the 2015 hulus are out. see you drove up in a netflix beater. what do i need to do to get you into one of these babies today.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Hobohemian posted:

It's like 26 dollars/mo for netflix, hulu plus and amazon all together. Why even have cable at this point unless sports are your thing?

You can stream all the sports packages through a roku/amazon stick/Google thingy. They're not cheap, but they are somehow cheaper than paying for basic cable most places.

Also for like 3 or 4 more bucks a month you can make Hulu ad free.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
You can't get DVDs through the mail on hulu you dingus

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

I said come in! posted:

I just use Netflix for Star Trek and X-Files.

http://www.hulu.com/the-xfiles
http://www.hulu.com/browse/picks/star-trek

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Hulu blocks vpns even for people paying for hulu plus so they aren't even an option for me

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i just watch youtube

hydo
Nov 23, 2002

I'm gay for Lipton Brisk Iced Tea
Does hulu have Spongebob? I cancelled Netflix pretty soon after they lost it to Amazon.

I'd pay for hulu if they had Spongebob, and I'm not joking in the least.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
i pretty much just watch twitch tv channels of girls with blue hair playing board games

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Decebal posted:

can't beat 7.50/month for the amount of content tho

drat i didn't know it was that cheap

The DVD service is still better though, for my purposes :mmmhmm:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

fakiebeanplant posted:

hulu serves 10 decades of advertising between every 4 minute clip

I am not willing to sit through 10 decades of advertising.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
After Seinfeld came out on Hulu I dumped Netflix cause the tv shows are way better and the advertising model incentivizes Hulu to show you things you'd like to watch and suggest better shows and movies vs Netflixs "please stay paralyzed and don't use our bandwidth :qq:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
And with no ads it's just dreamy

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
how does op be so dumb to not mention the criterion collection

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

mr.capps posted:

how does op be so dumb to not mention the criterion collection

cause Brooklyn 9

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Better than both though are the streaming sites with tons of content that you can open right on your ps4.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

lot of shameful opinions itt

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I have Hulu and Netflix so I'm an expert

Hulu: Seinfeld and new shows. But for lots of shows it doesn't include all of the past seasons episodes. Like the flash it has the new season 2 episodes but not season 1. Netflix has season 1.

Netflix: I think all the same movies Hulu carries plus a whole lot more. There seems to be a lot more movies, tv shows, and documentaries on Netflix. The Netflix original series are a hell of a lot better than hulus.

Netflixis Better because of a greater selection and no commercials. I only watch new tv shows on Hulu because I don't have any cable. Also the user interface for hulunis terrible it sucks a dick.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Roargasm posted:

netflix is really lovely now. I hear Narcos is good but I already watched Blow like 3 times idk

It was ultraviolent with decent writing/acting, I'd recommend watching the entire season. Better than Daredevil at any rate.

12gaugelobotomy
Apr 25, 2012
I'm Canadian your argument is invalid. No choice plus my netflix is shittier. Lose/lose.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Hulus interface IS dogshit though.

Why the gently caress can't I continue an episode then go back into that shows listing? It kicks you back to the home screen. It's loving bad.

Finish watching should be its own category and it takes you to the show page first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Netflix sucks but I already gave out my password to too many people and I'll look like a dick if I cancel it now.

• Locked thread