Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

First inning dingers are one way to bum me out about the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Wonderful, the Cubs finally get back to the NLCS and Mets bullshit will keep them from the WS.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

:sigh:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Argh.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

This game would still be tied if Lester wasn't such a piece of poo poo.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

So if the Cubs struggle this much against mediocre Mets pitching this series will be over soon.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Bullshit

Edit - never one god dammit Montero

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Welp that's the series

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Maybe after the postseason MLB will go NBA style so that the LCS home field advantage doesn't go to the team with the lesser W-L.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Now I'm wishing the Dodgers would have won. gently caress this poo poo.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Too little too late.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Popete posted:

Not a bad game for the Cubs. You half expect to lose to Harvey but they put up a decent fight and stayed with it.

Too bad Harvey's their third best pitcher.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Cubs beat DeGrom twice this year and Syndergaard once. Harvey got a ND in his only other game vs. the Cubs this year.

The Mets got hot after we last played them though so I'm worried it's only going to continue.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

davecrazy posted:

Pretty sure your not going to find John Mayberry Jr, Kevin Palweki, Eric Campbell and Kirk Nieuwenhuis in the Mets line-up this time around.

Hence Mets bullshit. For once it'd be nice for a team that hasn't won it within the last 100 years to not be the NL team...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Beautiful Ninja posted:

I know, it's only been 29 years since the Mets won, obviously their fanbase is spoiled ;)

Seriously though, you can't compare the Mets team when the Cubs played to the current Mets team, we're not the worst offense in baseball for starters.

I'm not the one using mid-season results, but also :laffo: at Mets fans thinking they've had it as bad as the Cubs. That 29 years is less than half the time since the last time the Cubs were even in the World Series.

• Locked thread