Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
Larry David for President 2019.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
I make $16 an hour as an apprentice electrician and a journeyman can easily make twice as much as I do or more. You add in overtime and they're pulling in $3k+ per week. With overtime I can live comfortably, but $16 an hour 40 hrs straight time is chump change, and I'm single with no kids. I don't understand how someone working a minimum wage job can support a family. How is it possible?

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Sir Mat of Dickie posted:

have multiple jobs, borrow at exorbitant interest rates when something unpredictable happens

It makes me sick when I hear somebody say that minimum wage jobs were never meant to be a career. Not everyone has the privilege to choose their career, nor do they necessarily have the opportunity to advance their career. We weren't all born in a bubble. Why can't a person making minimum wage support their family? That should be the very definition of minimum wage.

• Locked thread