Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I like the m1a2 Abrams but there are a lot of people who think the russian t-90 or the chinese tanks can outperform it. I guess it is a question of who is better prepared for land war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
that is the question

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
What does Zack Parsons, writer of My Tank Is Fight think?

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
we should keep the same tank but install legs instead of treads

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ2lO3ieBA

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Ships with super lasers make more sense

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Ayyyyyybrams

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
your mom is a tank

naem
May 29, 2011

It should be a stealth tank that only holds half the ordinance and isn't armored and then halfway though the marines should demand VoTol capabilities, then split it into three tank hulls (none of which function correctly) THEN if you start the ignition, the driver asphyxiates and it bursts into flame (also the stealth doesn't work) (can not fire shells) (no gun) (no machine guns) then of course destroy all Abrams before fixing this one's problems, and strong arm the free world into impossible purchase contracts, and it costs one TRILLION DOLLARS

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Testikles posted:

What does Zack Parsons, writer of My Tank Is Fight think?

Follow up question: what the gently caress is up with the grammar in the title? Is it a reference to something? Is it meant to simulate an ESL speaker expressing the battle prowess of their hypothetical tank? Is it a quote?
I bought the book a long time ago and now it's lost so I can't consult the foreword for clues, but I don't recall there being any.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I want some hover tanks.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004

Applewhite posted:

Follow up question: what the gently caress is up with the grammar in the title? Is it a reference to something? Is it meant to simulate an ESL speaker expressing the battle prowess of their hypothetical tank? Is it a quote?
I bought the book a long time ago and now it's lost so I can't consult the foreword for clues, but I don't recall there being any.

There was some band, and they had a song called My Tank Is Fight or it was a lyric in one of their songs. Something like that.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Al Borland posted:

I want some hover tanks.

I want a battlemech like in my favourite animes.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Al Borland posted:

I want some hover tanks.

ok Sgt Bilko

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

I am Toni Lippi posted:

There was some band, and they had a song called My Tank Is Fight or it was a lyric in one of their songs. Something like that.

Boooooo

Further followup: how did Zach manage to avoid making a history channel special made out of his book when it's basically perfect for that?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

naem posted:

It should be a stealth tank that only holds half the ordinance and isn't armored and then halfway though the marines should demand VoTol capabilities, then split it into three tank hulls (none of which function correctly) THEN if you start the ignition, the driver asphyxiates and it bursts into flame (also the stealth doesn't work) (can not fire shells) (no gun) (no machine guns) then of course destroy all Abrams before fixing this one's problems, and strong arm the free world into impossible purchase contracts, and it costs one TRILLION DOLLARS

Wait. You mean you want it to be able function in light rainfall?

You need to reign in your crazy sci-fi imagination.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

spud posted:

I want a battlemech like in my favourite animes.

Yeah that'd be cool too.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Let's get some drone tanks up in this bitch. Must be easier to remote drive a tank rather than remote fly. Plus it could probably survive at least one RPG round with no fleshies inside.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I read that there's no need for tanks because the world is cities now? all the cities are fighting modern wars now or something, so the answer is No, OP

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

notZaar posted:

Must be easier to remote drive a tank rather than remote fly.
duh no there's no potholes in the air

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Why is there only one cannon they could have 4 in an X shape and fire all directions

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Isaac posted:

Why is there only one cannon they could have 4 in an X shape and fire all directions

that would most likely kill the operators

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
"Heyyyy! I've got 500 tanks ready to steam-roll my dirt-farming neighbour! I'm the king of lovely third-world conflicts."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQlkNEG-5WM

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ita been decades since megadeth had the idea. Why dont we have skeletons driving tanks?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Isaac posted:

Ita been decades since megadeth had the idea. Why dont we have skeletons driving tanks?
They do but skeleton culture is very much against nudity so they're always covered in meat.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Isaac posted:

necromancers cost too much

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Skeletons blush whenever they see a Megadeth cover.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

tanks are a relic of a bygone era please funnel more defense dollars towards BUTTFUCKIN

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

notZaar posted:

Let's get some drone tanks up in this bitch. Must be easier to remote drive a tank rather than remote fly. Plus it could probably survive at least one RPG round with no fleshies inside.

Drones only work against primitives because they can stay out of reach.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
I think Obama went in the wrong direction and we should have been building more nukes and different typed of nukes

Imagine a nuclear tank

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

no tank you

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Baba Ganoush posted:

I think Obama went in the wrong direction and we should have been building more nukes and different typed of nukes

Imagine a nuclear tank
yeah what if they made one of those? that would be really wacky

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Why dosent someone invent the big bertha from total annihilation

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
pentagon wars clip

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

proof of concept posted:

pentagon wars clip
got you covered

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

got you covered

"tanks" a lot!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

honestly between wwii and the cold war most of the cool tank ideas have already been tried so I think it's time to pack it in

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

circ dick soleil posted:

"tanks" a lot!

its an armored personnel carrier thank you

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

its an armored personnel carrier thank you

odd name for your moms dildo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
lol i thought the abrams like , significantly outclassed the t90 in 99% of categories, and in many of those by like several hundreds of percent :confused:

edit: although it seems like the most obvious "drone" vehicle should be some tank lol

penus penus penus fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Oct 19, 2015

• Locked thread