Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Lmao holy gently caress those are all funny. Printer goon I've read before but just lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
That anal wheelchair one is a copy paste it's been posted before.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Well I'm guessing they are ALL copy pasted, but I think I get your drift friend

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
the wheelchair anal thing was posted in an anonymous confessions thread, and the actual wheelchair story guy (evil agita) posted as himself denying it

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
Oh my god, that straight edge goon has me wide eyed and shaking my head.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Poor autistic kid and his hand-me-down gently caress puppet.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Someone post the goon who sniffed his sisters underwear story. Goons emailed his school or parents or some such and he got busted, he had to go to therapy and poo poo

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Mad Monk posted:

Poor autistic kid and his hand-me-down gently caress puppet.

I hope that kid posted about it

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I think Al might probably be on the SA IRC channel, I'm guessing.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Captain Yossarian posted:

Well I'm guessing they are ALL copy pasted, but I think I get your drift friend

O gently caress I thought i was in the confessions thread.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I always did like the weather show that guy did. HIGH PWESHAH.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I always did like the weather show that guy did. HIGH PWESHAH.

nh goon spotted

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Puppy Galaxy posted:

nh goon spotted
MA but yeah

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3467980

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

texaholic posted:

Someone post the goon who sniffed his sisters underwear story. Goons emailed his school or parents or some such and he got busted, he had to go to therapy and poo poo

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

that guy gave me a tour of the tv studio where he worked when i was young. he was weird and spit formed in the corners of his mouth when he talked. he kept telling my brother (1 or 2 at the time) to stop sucking his thumb. he also confided in my mom that he doesn't like doing the HIGH PRESHA voice but station management made him. he's on WBIN now i think. anyway, tahts my weird al kaprelian story in the "good posts" thread

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Hahahahaha what a doofus

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

I miss the days when there'd always be somebody getting banned for their first post on SA. Those were very funny threads.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

:lol: I remember this one.

There have been several threads where goons (or lurkers) snitch on the OP. I remember one where some goon was asking for help shorting out his neighbors electricity or some poo poo by digging up the yard and adding in a little homemade device. Someone told the local cops and they were trying to print out the entire thread as evidence (which was massive). Anyone remember this?

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Oct 20, 2015

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

quote:

Gross goon wheelchair anal story
:captainpop:An actual analrapist

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Haha, thanks the Internet seemed so much more naive back then. People didn't realize how easy it is to track down someone. Can't imagine something like that happening nowadays.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000
panty guy wasn't real.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

PenguinBob posted:

panty guy wasn't real.

yeah, though it's still a funny post

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Lowtax posted:

Fucken Cactus Frankie

Cactus Frankie knows poo poo WITCH will blow your mind.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3474776&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post401952221
This one is pretty funny.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

PenguinBob posted:

panty guy wasn't real.

Yeah I remember PsychoticMonkey or whatever his name was for FYAD was a buddy of mine and he sent me the posts and replies before he submitted them. Was funny seeing goons react that way.

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
I have subscribed this newsgroup for a month. I thought you people are
discussing all kind of strategy games. Since i am also crazy about
turn-based all real-time strategy games, I had great expectation on this
group. But you all f_cking people have only big mouse. Many people
follow the someone's notes (totally not related to strategy games), and
those f_cking messages gave me f_cking headache. I know you all have
freedom to speak or write, but you people are doing too much.
Since old man says "NOBody scares poo poo to avoid, but they avoid because
its f_cking dirty. I will stop subscribing this loving newsgroup.
If you have any other words, gently caress you.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

monkey posted:

I have subscribed this newsgroup for a month. I thought you people are
discussing all kind of strategy games. Since i am also crazy about
turn-based all real-time strategy games, I had great expectation on this
group. But you all f_cking people have only big mouse. Many people
follow the someone's notes (totally not related to strategy games), and
those f_cking messages gave me f_cking headache. I know you all have
freedom to speak or write, but you people are doing too much.
Since old man says "NOBody scares poo poo to avoid, but they avoid because
its f_cking dirty. I will stop subscribing this loving newsgroup.
If you have any other words, gently caress you.

i agree gently caress you, strategy gamers

DarksydePhilFish
Dec 31, 2004

tabarnak ack ack

Pawn 17 posted:

:lol: I remember this one.

There have been several threads where goons (or lurkers) snitch on the OP. I remember one where some goon was asking for help shorting out his neighbors electricity or some poo poo by digging up the yard and adding in a little homemade device. Someone told the local cops and they were trying to print out the entire thread as evidence (which was massive). Anyone remember this?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1844470 (archives)

Some guy's cable was getting stolen by his neighbor, so instead of having to make eye contact, he went cartoonishly passive-aggressive, electrified the cable line, and burned the neighbor's house down. FYAD turned him in because it was a deplorable thing to do that could easily have gotten someone killed, and GBS whined about that until the thread was closed.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
The best post ever was the op of a fyad thread entitled something like "today i just left my beautiful wife of sixteen glorious years ".

It used html exploits to turn your computer into a demented nightmarish carnival of flashing text, crudely animated gifs, content that went beyond the borders of the normal display area for the forums in your browser, and a number of overlapping sound files including a freaky synth remix of the inspector gadget theme song.

It was the forums equivalent of the monolith opening at the end of 2001. Sadly it stopped working almost a decade ago, i would have loved to have preserved it.

e: here it is.

THE PLANES SEND OUT MATING SIGNALS TO ONE ANOTHER. PLEASE PUT YOUR SEATBELTS ON UNTIL THE PHYSICAL ACT OF LOVE IS OVER

Breetai fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Oct 21, 2015

naem
May 29, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

OP, imagine:

After a long, productive day, you slip into your favorite flannel bottoms. Years of use have broken them in, and they sit on your hips like plaid skin. Ahhhhhh, you exhale. You pull back the plush down comforter and slip into a cocoon of silvery 600-thread-count sheets--they're cold on your bare feet at first, but you warm back up fast enough. Perhaps you reach over and turn on the MP3 player on your nightstand. Ah, Aegispolis by Aphex Twin, very nice. Very relaxing. Maybe you fart on yourself a little. It's like a warm breath swirling over your buttocks and legs. Don't let that smell escape, either: Pull the sheets down tight against your body and trap it in. It can be your little secret. Hungry still? How about you pop open one of those nightstand drawers and feel around for that half-eaten bag of raisins? Yum--raisins. They're like nature's candy. You grab a handful and dump them all into your mouth. Some of them might spill out onto the sheets, but you'll find them eventually. Oh, you might as well finish off the rest of the bag, because there's no sense in leaving 8 or 10 behind. That's barely a snack. Maybe they'll end up giving you a little bit of a stomach ache. Your gut begins to rumble with that burbling, hollow feeling that starts up right before a bout of diarrhea. The bathroom's pretty far away, though. After 10 or 15 minutes, you just give in to the inevitable and make wet stool in your bed. Gross. It's already late, though, so you can clean it up tomorrow. Just pull that comforter up over your head and let the sandman do the rest.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

This link took me to a place that bent my mind

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

This link took me to a place that bent my mind

Where we are going, we dont need minds to be.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

concerned mom posted:

welcome 2 my world

the saddest thing is he's one of the better CD posters now because he actually talks about films and film-related things instead of trying to be supermechagodzilla about comic book movies

that's how bad CD is

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Some of my favorites:

Huggy war
ignore this - test
the video of all the shops of the strange man in the street with the paper bag and the club or something
the thread by (moonshine?) where he had a job that was downsized but he wasn't fired and he posted a serial about continuing to pretend to work for months?
that dorky furry that was a tiger? The yiff stars and the furpocalypse.

pr0k fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 16, 2015

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
I know how the guy in the op feels. All I ever wanted to bbe was a moderator too. :(

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope
There was once a goon-based webcam portal. Can you imagine watching your favorite/least favorite posters while they post comedy gold?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750881&userid=189447

this is a good gbs meltdown by forums poster digital fingers

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I remember an old post where Lowtax talked about the types of browsers people used to access SA and they banned a guy for using WebTV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

the saddest thing is he's one of the better CD posters now because he actually talks about films and film-related things instead of trying to be supermechagodzilla about comic book movies

that's how bad CD is

whats his forum name these days

• Locked thread