Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
“We are in the throes of a deep depression, and nothing is changing,” one franchisee wrote in response to the survey, according to Business Insider. “Probably 30 percent of operators are insolvent.”

Franchisees said the brand could be facing “its final days.” They expressed frustration with the CEOs’s new initiatives, which seem to keep failing.

According to Business Insider, the company started “toasting its hamburger buns longer, making its beef patties slightly larger, and changing how the patties are seared.”

"The CEO is sowing the seeds of our demise,” another wrote. “We are a quick-serve fast-food restaurant, not a fast casual like Five Guys or Chipotle. The system may be facing its final days."

McDonalds profits declined 13 percent, or $1.2 billion.

Just go back to the dollar menu already.

99 cent 5 piece chicken nuggets were the best. Now you need to make it a combo meal or some bullshit. Hell, I can get 5 piece popeyes strips for like 3.99, and they don't skimp. Fuckers are like 4 inches long, and you get a large fries with the meal.

lol mcdonalds gonna be out of business in my lifetime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
good

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i hope they all die

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

gently caress em I'm glad of it

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
If the market no longer supports the business model :capitalism:

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
so theyre making better food and charging more thats like the opposite of the mcdonalds forfathers ideals

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Too tasty to fail

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i hope they get a nice big government bailout because thats how the free market works

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
I for one welcome our new five overlords.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Hope they go down and we get a Wendy's in my bumfuck town

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

everything in mcd sucks now the portions are smaller yet somehow more expensive

ill be glad to do my part in buying a medium black coffee, using their wifi, and watch their stock plummet

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
i want the option for a runny yolk on my egg mcmuffin, gently caress the franshisees.

runny yolk

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Nooo the black race will starve

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I'm insolvent, depressed, leaderless

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Hooded Reptile posted:

99 cent 5 piece chicken nuggets were the best. Now you need to make it a combo meal or some bullshit. Hell, I can get 5 piece popeyes strips for like 3.99, and they don't skimp. Fuckers are like 4 inches long, and you get a large fries with the meal.

These only really work as gimmicks to get people in and get them to spend money on other poo poo like $3 milkshakes, if the majority of your customers (or users, as McDonalds calls them) are so fuckin poor that they can only afford to buy off the dollar menu then you can't afford to operate. All is well this is just an expected market correction! :capitalism:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

TEAH SYAG posted:

Nooo the black race will starve

nah burger king still doing fine

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Chinatown posted:

i hope they all die

Blue Train posted:

gently caress em I'm glad of it

:yeah:

naem
May 29, 2011

Maybe have both higher quality items and dollar menu and attract something, thing,

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
they supported obamacare & deserve to go out of business. also the food is poo poo

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
they stopped offering bagels around here a while ago, gently caress em

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Daedra posted:

they stopped offering bagels around here a while ago, gently caress em

this is what you get when you anger the jewish lobby

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Their mistake was trying to upscale their menu, they need to just do whatever they can to corner that dollar-menu market

Make a f*ckin grilled cheese sandwich afaiac just make it $1

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

City of Tampa posted:

i want the option for a runny yolk on my egg mcmuffin, gently caress the franshisees.

runny yolk

they dont because they likely don't even use a whole "egg", and it would be huge liability to serve runny yolks because it's probably the bottom of the ecoli barrel. i think they just use canister of egg and toss it on a pan till its solid as a rock for safety.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
who the gently caress eats at mcdonalds? nasty poo poo there

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
McDonalds was my first job and I have fond memories of it, so I'll be a little sad if they go.

That being said, their food is just garbage anymore. They bowed down to vegetarians and took the tallow out of their fry grease and now their world-famous fries are flavorless. When I worked there, they always drove home the point that they make barely any profit off of their food, and like 90% of their profit from fountain drinks. If the food isn't enough to bring people in any more, then it's only inevitable that they would go the way of the dodo.

How does franchising work? I know the majority of the locations are franchised locations, and when I worked there the franchise license was $1 million. Now, do the franchisees have to give McDonalds corporate a percentage of their profits, or is it a one-time fee for the name? If that's the case, I can see how they would go under.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Remember when these guys used to make everybody go there in the morning for breakfast

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
As someone who worked in the cellphone industry which is franchised and outsourced, corporate is constantly pushing just-impossible margins on front-line staff constantly. If your outlet does well for a couple of months, lets say due to seasonal changes in spending habits, then surely that must be your stores standard operating rate.

Working these sorts of gigs is profoundly unpleasant and stressful and the achievement targets by corporate are more or less impossible without a staff of violent bloodthirsty motherfuckers constantly looking to prey on the old and mentally weak. If you have any sort of moral backbone you can't work sales.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

criscodisco posted:

They bowed down to vegetarians and took the tallow out of their fry grease and now their world-famous fries are flavorless.

So much this.

What is the minimum age one would be to remember when their fries tasted good? 25?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Odd thing #1: Every McDonalds I ever see is loving packed. Are they dying elsewhere? Also 24 hours breakfast was the first good thing they've done in a while. And yeah OP the 99 cent menu was stupid to ditch but all the companies did.

Seriously though, McDonalds is not going out of loving business. If anything they'll scale back so they don't own the ridiculous number of locations they do. They outnumber everybody else by huge amounts in the same category.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Flesh Forge posted:

These only really work as gimmicks to get people in and get them to spend money on other poo poo like $3 milkshakes, if the majority of your customers (or users, as McDonalds calls them) are so fuckin poor that they can only afford to buy off the dollar menu then you can't afford to operate. All is well this is just an expected market correction! :capitalism:

I had recently seen an article stating that franchisees have had a similar problem with the recent "breakfast all day" thing. Some of them reported losing significant revenue to people ordering relatively low-priced breakfast things instead of Big Macs.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

Blazing Ownager posted:

Odd thing #1: Every McDonalds I ever see is loving packed. Are they dying elsewhere? Also 24 hours breakfast was the first good thing they've done in a while. And yeah OP the 99 cent menu was stupid to ditch but all the companies did.

Seriously though, McDonalds is not going out of loving business. If anything they'll scale back so they don't own the ridiculous number of locations they do. They outnumber everybody else by huge amounts in the same category.

They don't own very many locations dickweasel.

e: 18%

Chafey
Jun 14, 2005

criscodisco posted:

McDonalds was my first job and I have fond memories of it, so I'll be a little sad if they go.

That being said, their food is just garbage anymore. They bowed down to vegetarians and took the tallow out of their fry grease and now their world-famous fries are flavorless. When I worked there, they always drove home the point that they make barely any profit off of their food, and like 90% of their profit from fountain drinks. If the food isn't enough to bring people in any more, then it's only inevitable that they would go the way of the dodo.

How does franchising work? I know the majority of the locations are franchised locations, and when I worked there the franchise license was $1 million. Now, do the franchisees have to give McDonalds corporate a percentage of their profits, or is it a one-time fee for the name? If that's the case, I can see how they would go under.

chinatown was right including you in the people who should die

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Hooded Reptile posted:

“We are in the throes of a deep depression, and nothing is changing,” one franchisee wrote in response to the survey, according to Business Insider. “Probably 30 percent of operators are insolvent.”

Franchisees said the brand could be facing “its final days.” They expressed frustration with the CEOs’s new initiatives, which seem to keep failing.

According to Business Insider, the company started “toasting its hamburger buns longer, making its beef patties slightly larger, and changing how the patties are seared.”

"The CEO is sowing the seeds of our demise,” another wrote. “We are a quick-serve fast-food restaurant, not a fast casual like Five Guys or Chipotle. The system may be facing its final days."

McDonalds profits declined 13 percent, or $1.2 billion.

That's a fuckin' lie, a 5 strip dinner is like 8 dollars without a drink. The 5 Dollar Big Box is a 3 piece strip and it's only around now and then.

Chafey
Jun 14, 2005

GORDON posted:

So much this.

What is the minimum age one would be to remember when their fries tasted good? 25?

burger king was still better

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

macdonalds lick my arse

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015

Justin Tyme posted:

That's a fuckin' lie, a 5 strip dinner is like 8 dollars without a drink. The 5 Dollar Big Box is a 3 piece strip and it's only around now and then.

They have a promo here for it, there is a coupon in the sunday paper, but who reads newspapers anymore.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
Is it kind of lame that I've never had a McJob and I sort of want one? Like I know it's not real cooking in any way shape or form and all you're really doing is line-assembling heated garbage and packaging it but for some reason I think I'd really enjoy it.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I went to a McDonald's when Ronald McD himself was there having a meet & greet. He and Grimace went airtight on me out back by the grease dumpster.
I still go every morning, lookin, hoping, and waiting for the lunch menu.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Maybe if minimum wage were higher people would be willing to buy more poo poo burgers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Xaris posted:

they dont because they likely don't even use a whole "egg", and it would be huge liability to serve runny yolks because it's probably the bottom of the ecoli barrel. i think they just use canister of egg and toss it on a pan till its solid as a rock for safety.

no i'm pretty sure that the egg mcmuffin is a legit egg, not some fake egg concoction . they could safely make it with a runny yolk as long as the whites are cooked through

• Locked thread