Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im high and I got like 1 minute into the french one thinking it was some sith language or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
thats what french is though

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Macasaurus posted:

so like, i know they got rid of the extended universe, but what about the prequels?

for instance im thinking of how the Empire only really existed for 25ish years, not really a significant amount of time for people to forget about space wizards with laser swords

Disney is retconning the prequels.

The Boba Fett movie is the first one that will do this and the Darth vader movie will do the other parts.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
trailer needed more inception BWAAAAA BWAAAAA BWAAAAA

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
jj abrams doin the space shootin right

Macasaurus posted:

for instance im thinking of how the Empire only really existed for 25ish years, not really a significant amount of time for people to forget about space wizards with laser swords

ancient religion :shepface:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Looks even shittier than the first one.
I hope Han Sulu dies.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Macasaurus posted:

so like, i know they got rid of the extended universe, but what about the prequels?

yea this is something I always wondered. a 25 y.o. empire, in space is prob a blip on every planets radar.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

Disney is retconning the prequels.

The Boba Fett movie is the first one that will do this and the Darth vader movie will do the other parts.

lol are you serious

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

TEAYCHES posted:

lol are you serious

This is 100% true.

The stand alone character movies are all about retconning the prequel trilogy.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TEAYCHES posted:

lol are you serious

god i hope so

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
jesus those cgi action shots were the ugliest poo poo ever. hope this gets panned and bombs.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

This is 100% true.

good if true

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

This is 100% true.

they should just redo the prequels. make the empire a thousand years old and jedi a funny dead religion

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

afeelgoodpoop posted:

hope this gets panned and bombs.

It will. It won't. Star Wars fans are the biggest idiots in the world.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Waltzing Along posted:

It will. It won't. Star Wars fans are the biggest idiots in the world.

idk i think JJ is gonna give us a lot of cool action sequences and ultimately that's what star wars is about

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Toadvine posted:

they should just redo the prequels. make the empire a thousand years old and jedi a funny dead religion

looks like you might get your wish.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
trailer was awesome, actually looked like a star wars movie

excited

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

idk i think JJ is gonna give us a lot of cool action sequences and ultimately that's what star wars is about

truth, the original trilogy was just cowboys and samurai, interesting set pieces and action sequences

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Moridin920 posted:

Star Wars is about selling toys to little kids and it will do that in spades. Hence it will be a huge success.

The are all lovely movies for the most part, though. None are what you would call "good."

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Waltzing Along posted:

Star Wars is about selling toys to little kids and it will do that in spades. Hence it will be a huge success.

The are all lovely movies for the most part, though. None are what you would call "good."

counterpoint: you dont like anything

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Waltzing Along posted:

you gotta adjust expectations depending on what you're watching though bro

like yeah it's not going to be some cinematic masterpiece high brow art thing but it'll have space ships pew pewing at each other and it should be good based on those low standards! it's fuckin' star wars lol goons gotta be so serious all the time.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

TEAYCHES posted:

counterpoint: you dont like anything

neither do you. except for star wars.

seriously though, i liked star wars until i walked out of the phantom menace. i haven't liked star wars ever since.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Force Awakens looks a whole lot better than Fury Road and that's a movie goons adore.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
either we get good star wars or we get plinkett

this is win win

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
What if the Sith dudes are the good guys???

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Fury Road is a good movie.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

jackyl posted:

either we get good star wars or we get plinkett

this is win win

truth

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

The empire was trying to gentrify the lovely planets so we can all have sweet blue milk bars. gently caress the rebels.

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

good poo poo

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

How about instead of watching a trailer for a kids movie, we act like adults and talk about how we're going to avoid the trailer to not be spoiled for this movie? This movie that is for children. Don't spoil this movie for children for me.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
the reason i think star wars is going to be bad beyond it being star wars is the star trek movies weren't very good. the first one was fun but the second one was terrible. abrams is a hack. should have had sam mendes direct star wars. then i'd be excited. spectre is gonna be better than the force awakens.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
in 20 years i hope they do a star wars mad max crossover or some poo poo and it's some jedi screaming WITNESS ME as he jumps into the death star core or something

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Moridin920 posted:

in 20 years i hope they do a star wars mad max crossover or some poo poo and it's some jedi screaming WITNESS ME as he jumps into the death star core or something

as long as there is flamethrower electric guitar i'm down

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

So there's a Darth Vader Jr.

cool

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.
Seems pretty serious... would have liked to at least hear one smarmy comment from hans solo or something.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

looks cool

kinda weird how they got rid of the classical score, is John Williams even working on this one?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
lol i guess jj thought we didn't understand the empire is bad so he doubled down on the nazi factor

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the movies too pc and moreover, ugly in its cg. as for my peronsal perspecitve, i dont think this is a mvie ill be seeing this christmas...it sadens me to sayh but, it looks quite gay--to coin a rhyme ; )

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Waltzing Along posted:

Fury Road is a good movie.

Yeah uhuh, the only good parts were the action scenes. it certainly wasn't the characters or story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

So there's a Darth Vader Jr.

cool

Yes his name is Luke Skywalker

• Locked thread