Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moltke
May 13, 2009
i like star wars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moltke
May 13, 2009
E chuta!

Moltke
May 13, 2009
These star wars are making me thirsty

Moltke
May 13, 2009

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I just saw an X-Wing do a strafing run on some stormtroopers.

Jek Tono Porkins was the resident expert on strafing in red squadron, and brought this skill to bear during the battle of yavin by running interference strafing turbolaser towers to distract from the trench runners. His hubris in his belief as an expert strafer is ultimately how he was killed when he flew to close to an exploding turbolaser tower and was struck by debris, destroying him.

Moltke
May 13, 2009
The x-wing laser hits the ground in front of the stormtrooper, and rubble strikes him/her knocking him/her over. You can tell because the x-wing's left (pilot's perspective) canon shoots before the right canon, and the explosion from the right canon is clearly visible several feet in front of the stormtrooper. The left canon explosion would have to be even further from the trooper, with the blast obscured by the white armor.

:goonsay:

Moltke fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 21, 2015

Moltke
May 13, 2009
I've said it before and I'll say it again -- i like star wars.

Moltke
May 13, 2009
We saw him put his robot hand on r2d2, we just didn't see his face.

Moltke
May 13, 2009

quote:

The X-wing's laser cannons had various settings:
Single fire, where each cannon fired individually;
Dual fire, where two cannons in opposite positions paired up and the pairs fired alternately;
Quad fire, where all four cannons (one at each foil-tip) fired together, converging on the target; or
Stutter fire, where many underpowered beams were fired in rapid succession (added during Yuuzhan Vong War).

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-65_X-wing_starfighter

Moltke
May 13, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

Excuse me I remember firing many underpowered beams in rapid succession at TIE fighters in Rogue Squadron :colbert:

well im a veteran of 3 clone wars, and i dont know what your'e talking about

Moltke
May 13, 2009
why was boba fett, bounty hunter, still hanging around jabba like a personal security guard?

Moltke
May 13, 2009
we have been conditioned to like this franchise since we were younglings and there may not be any way to break the cycle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moltke
May 13, 2009
I'm guessing that without the common cause of fighting for the rebellion to keep Han and Leia together, they drifted apart after the Battle of Endor with Leia taking a more political-military style position (Minister of the Fleet), and Han returning to his one true love -- smuggling.

• Locked thread