Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

Good movies coming soon:

Peanuts
Spectre
The Good Dinosaur
Hateful 8
Revenant

Star Wars is not on the list.

Thank you drive through.

The Revenant trailer was awesome on the big screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I like how Lucas got all the original series cast members to sign away their likeness for merchandizing reasons.

also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9OaCuUlCAU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

quakster posted:

literal stormtroopers, even

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

They should hype all the prequels but then actually show Space Balls in all the theaters.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

happyhippy posted:

I'm still calling it that you don't see Luke as he dies at the end setting up the black dude to take over from him.
Luke Space Ghost grinning like a retard, then lens flare, then credits.

It actually ends with the black guy getting pulled over for having a broken tail light on his landspeeder.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

a bone to pick posted:

the minute the trailer started I busted out laughing, the cliche piano note that so many trailers start with now was so glaring for a star wars movie.

a trailer designed to took at the heart strung of star wars nerds craving a sad predictable plot.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Universe Master posted:

there's a black jedi and black guys use force all the time so I think you're covered.

you know what happened to the last black jedi....

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nefarious posted:

use the forks luke lol see what i did there

This is what would happen on the battlefield:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnqtUAg4hkw

hookey religion is no much for a AT AT foot

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

in Empire at War (rts game) Darth Vader had a special ability called 'Force Crush' that would lift vehicles into the air and compact them like a junkyard crusher. It was pretty badass. Luke is just a bitch.

Size means nothing to the force.

Darth Vader was fool of poo poo, blowing up a whole planet is more cool than the force.

also

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

nomadologique posted:

i can't decide if that is some hosed up poo poo w/o self awareness, or a pop critique of the vietnam war that comes close to being intriguing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV7Ha3VDbzE

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Professor of Cats posted:

Real talk: jayjaybrams last StarTrek was hella dumb. Fun. But dumb. MORE LIKE BROTREK! HIGHFIVE!!!!!!!

Get ready for Luke to jump in and go "aw poo poo, you'd think I'd miss this party?" Then he bro-arm-shakes hansolo and shoots lasers and poo poo.

Seriously.

Khan is badass since he killed lots of klingon scum using a laser minigun.

Also the perfect human is some weird pale brit guy.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

thathonkey posted:

the new star wars is going to pwn get hosed nerdslings

I hope Triumph the insult dog is still around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RGohIKxc9M

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

Why are you guys all on some 'oh the originals were art but these ones will just be passable' crap?

The originals were pew pew space lasers with the most generic Hero's Journey plot possible. It's not like some crazy high bar was set aside from all the fan hype and crap.

nerd nostalgia I guess

Also when the movies came out people had never seen effects that good for things such as the death star suicide mission.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

nomadologique posted:

literally the most generic hero's journey possible, bc lucas read the pop theory version of it and decided to write a story that matched it in every particular

Plus it cribbed lots of ideas and characters from superior Japanese films.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the prequels aged worse SFX wise than the originals.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

thathonkey posted:

Seems plausible since he got tons of help on the ESB screenplay

It was also the best once since he had less involvement with it.

The prequels are pretty much what you get when you combine his off the wall director personality with no one telling him no.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Toadvine posted:

Id follow him into a star war

He got casted as a sith lord since he already had experience with being around a death star sized thing.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The best thing in the world would be if this movie totally sucked and fans hated it

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Professor of Cats posted:

It could literally be a floppy dick wriggling around to the star wars music and you would still have nerds defending it.

There's also a good reason why Disney paid 5 billion for the IP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

nomadologique posted:

i'm also struggling to figure out what is "bad" or "dumb" about a floppy dick wriggling to the star wars music, i am pretty sure that's a shoo-in for MOMA

Maybe that russian pirate guy do another helicopter dick video after the new film gets released?

• Locked thread