Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I can't get the game to run. :( It gets to the part where it asks about the audio language and crashes.

I went to the Steam forums and one of the first bits of advice is to unplug your headphones :wtc: because I guess that can gently caress with it somehow. Didn't help anyway, it's still crashing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
It would also be terrible if you wanted to play with more than two people. But that was true of Xillia, too. Given the pattern, I have to wonder if Berseria will be any different.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caphi posted:

It would also be terrible if you wanted to play with more than two people. But that was true of Xillia, too. Given the pattern, I have to wonder if Berseria will be any different.

To be honest almost every Tales game breaks down the more people you throw in. 2 is sort of the sweet spot before players get stuck with roles that quite honestly suck to play in a lot of the games. I wouldn't blame them if they kinda focused on two-player gimmicks because I imagine the vast majority of Tales multiplayer experiences tops out at around 2.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ImpAtom posted:

To be honest almost every Tales game breaks down the more people you throw in. 2 is sort of the sweet spot before players get stuck with roles that quite honestly suck to play in a lot of the games. I wouldn't blame them if they kinda focused on two-player gimmicks because I imagine the vast majority of Tales multiplayer experiences tops out at around 2.

gently caress that I'll third wheel Kiel and have the time of my life mashing the hell out of the D-pad to... actually I have no idea, was that supposed to increase spell damage or something?

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it
Special Edition is on it's way from Amazon. How bad of a decision did I make?

edit: I love Tales of games, just heard this one was meh. I liked Xillia although I felt the story was uninspired at times. I love Vesperia just like most as well.

teknologik fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Oct 20, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

chumbler posted:

The protagonist dude kinda looks like a chump, but I guess not everyone can be Yuri Lowell. Or really any of Vesperia's cast.

Yea they could be a good cast.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Any tips on how to use the magic/seraphic artes characters? I'm trying to do the second monster lair type place where you can only use Leilah and it mostly turns into a comedy sketch of me getting chased around by a horde of monsters while trying to find enough room to cast something without being interrupted.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Eh, they've been doing pretty well at making the caster characters fun to play as well, mostly by encouraging you to not cast all the time (such as Graces' speed casting time).

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Sakurazuka posted:

Any tips on how to use the magic/seraphic artes characters? I'm trying to do the second monster lair type place where you can only use Leilah and it mostly turns into a comedy sketch of me getting chased around by a horde of monsters while trying to find enough room to cast something without being interrupted.

Step step step cast. It speeds up the spell.

Just start casting against enemies that use primarily Arcane Artes (they do a little flash when they're using one). You reduce the damage and it feeds the spell.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh yeah, there's also a battle skill that's something like 'press O when casting an arte to auto cast the next level spell' does it have strict timing or I'm not doing it right because I don't think I've gotten it to work once.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh yeah, there's also a battle skill that's something like 'press O when casting an arte to auto cast the next level spell' does it have strict timing or I'm not doing it right because I don't think I've gotten it to work once.

If I remember this right, you hold it down during the spell until the chant completes and it starts on the next one. Same for Arcane Artes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think I was just pressing it once :saddowns:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Well that didn't take long for me to hate all Seraphs. Maybe its just the water dude that is a total chode.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
If it wasn't obvious, everyone in Elysium except Sorey is also a Seraph. There are Seraph NPCs scattered in the world, too, even outside the patrons.

Also, that's your brother, you monster.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Caphi posted:

If it wasn't obvious, everyone in Elysium except Sorey is also a Seraph. There are Seraph NPCs scattered in the world, too, even outside the patrons.

Also, that's your brother, you monster.

I think it was very obvious, when Sorey attempts to introduce his village to Alicia and Alicia cannot see anyone but Sorey.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Hellioning posted:

I think it was very obvious, when Sorey attempts to introduce his village to Alicia and Alicia cannot see anyone but Sorey.

Just responding to the person who says "the only Seraph I know is Mikleo and I hate him." It might have been premature if they're not out of the ruins yet, though. My bad?

e: actually that was the joke, I guess. I'm good at jokes.

Caphi fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Oct 20, 2015

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Got it running, turns out it was the headphones. :psyduck: You can only have one audio device active while playing or the game will poo poo itself. Also you can fix the screen tearing on Nvidia cards by forcing v-sync in the Nvidia control panel. The menus music is pretty, and from what I've seen of the game so far (Sorey standing on a ledge), so is the game. Can't wait to get into it tomorrow

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
How do you access the costume dlc? I tried the dlc option on the title screen but it just says enable steam overlay. I don't know why it would be disabled.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Aquasnake posted:

How do you access the costume dlc? I tried the dlc option on the title screen but it just says enable steam overlay. I don't know why it would be disabled.
Go into your inventory in-game.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I just got through the initial Ladylake nonsense and it seems pretty alright. I haven't had any real huge problems with the pc version aside from wonky geometry disappearing once.

also, controversial opinion: I think the instrumental of White Light is still pretty good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

OneDeadman posted:

I just got through the initial Ladylake nonsense and it seems pretty alright. I haven't had any real huge problems with the pc version aside from wonky geometry disappearing once.

also, controversial opinion: I think the instrumental of White Light is still pretty good.
i think the instrumental of karma is better than the version of karma with lyrics

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

Go into your inventory in-game.

Thanks for that. Now Sorey is a fancy lad with entirely too many swords, rather than looking like an unkempt, swordless slob.

Also gently caress these sky racists. Sorey should just run off with the cool knight lady.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Oct 20, 2015

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Endorph posted:

i think the instrumental of karma is better than the version of karma with lyrics

:agreed:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Namco please stop making your achievement descriptions into high school essays. I can't hover this poo poo

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
No camera freak-outs or weird graphical explosions yet. Everything's working better than expected.

Mr. Sunabouzu
Nov 13, 2009

The face of true terror.
Seems alright so far. I'm bummed that the Main Dudes name isn't pronounced Sorry instead of Sore-e but hey, not every jrpg name can be Edge Maverick quality.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Tales of Zestiria's battle system and skill system make no sense to me. I'm the dumb.

I'm hoping it'll click naturally later.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Volt Catfish posted:

Tales of Zestiria's battle system and skill system make no sense to me. I'm the dumb.

I'm hoping it'll click naturally later.

Yeah, it throws a ton of poo poo at you very quickly, I mostly get away with pressing O a lot followed by X sometimes though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I wish the battle camera was from the side rather than behind, but I'll get used to it I'm sure.

Edit: The only good thing about Sorey so far is his grandpa walk if you just tilt the stick slightly.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Oct 20, 2015

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I will say (pc version) Tales of Zestiria is far prettier than I expected a Tales game to be

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
Are preople still having issues with running the PC version? It's surprisingly smooth for me so far on my 6 years on 500$ PC, which really is a good surprise.

As for the battle system... really annoyed at the lack of basic attacks, but I like the semi-clear ways you can grind skills which will totally tickle my grind bone like in Graces. Hopefully it will stay clear and not necessitate a walkthrough to know what get what later.

Wonder when I'll get anything for A/X Artes.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

also i'm not european, can I get the free alisha dlc yet or not

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Volt Catfish posted:

pretty sure you don't have to be european to sign up and get a steam key emailed to you

https://www.bandainamcoent.eu/vipcorner/order/type/2/product/tales-of-zestiria-alisha-s-story-additional-chapter-pc-digital

game's been running great although they're really bad at teaching you how the combat works

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Volt Catfish posted:

Yeah, you still get it from the .eu site regardless.

http://bandainamcoent.eu/vipcorner

Also apparently someone found a way to have the Japanese version of the intro play over the instrumental one over on the Steam forums.

Steam posted:

English cinematic intro plays instead of Japanese with Japanese audio selected:
The Japanese intro is included in the game, but it's not certain whether they intend to have the Japanese version play when you select Japanese.
You can force the Japanese intro to play instead of the English one by renaming the Japanese version as the English version.
Go into your Steam\SteamApps\common\Tales of Zestiria\RAW\MOVIE directory.
Rename AM_TOZ_OP_001.bk2 to AM_TOZ_OP_001_original.bk2
Then rename AM_TOZ_OP_001_JPN.bk2 to AM_TOZ_OP_001.bk2
If they fix this issue in the future, you'll want to rename these back or simply verify integrity.

Selenephos fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Oct 20, 2015

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
Oh god Sorey and Mikleo kiss already.

Also, is there A way not to give the Royal Knife to Rose?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Thanks for the assistance sirs and or madams

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What difficulty are people playing it on? 'Moderate' feels like a better default difficulty than normal but occasionally a boss will just totally stomp me. Or I scrape through with 0.40 grade because I got KO'd 14 times.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

moderate, although i think you can switch on-the-fly if you want better drops or more gold

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
PC version, the game's framerate drops pretty drastically when the ground is in view in the grassy areas at least. So I've got the opposite of the Goldeneye 64 speedrun thing going on, where I stare at the sky to reduce travel time. Doesn't help with battles, though. Aside from the port issues, I'm happy with what I've seen so far. Haven't got the tutorial telling me what AP is for, yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Red Minjo posted:

PC version, the game's framerate drops pretty drastically when the ground is in view in the grassy areas at least. So I've got the opposite of the Goldeneye 64 speedrun thing going on, where I stare at the sky to reduce travel time. Doesn't help with battles, though. Aside from the port issues, I'm happy with what I've seen so far. Haven't got the tutorial telling me what AP is for, yet.

You use AP to set advanced combat options in the Battle Skill menu that's around the middle icon on the party screen. There's not a lot to do with it at first, but you get more options fairly quickly.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Oct 20, 2015

• Locked thread