Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it doesn't let me use it though, that's what I had assumed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

oh i hit R to switch over to valuables, nvm

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I don't understand equipment fusion at all. Should I really care what skills I'm getting out of Fusions? and does equipment proficiency matter at all for fusion?

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

OneDeadman posted:

I don't understand equipment fusion at all.

Like, Should I really care what skills I'm getting out of Fusions? and does equipment proficiency matter at all for fusion?

My understanding, coming from looking it up on the web quickly because it was confusing me, is that equipment proficiency only matter for two things: lower cost of fusions, and unlocking the locked skills (you need only one star for that).

As for how fusion works, it seems like there is 5 different slots and if nothing is there in one of the item but a skill is there in the other item, it takes that skill. If there is two of the same skill, it keep the skill, and if it's two different skills, you get a third one (I don't yet know how to calculate what skill we get).

You should care what skill you get out of fusions because of skill stacking/unions giving neat stuff.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
As a gameplay tip, having three of the same Armor skill gets the character +1 max BG. I pretty much always make sure Alisha, Mikleo and Lailah have at least 4, just in case I manage to get enough hits to use their cameo Mystic Artes way before you'd normally be able to.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

drat, alicia is cute

im officially salty

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

drat, alicia is cute

im officially salty

+1

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So is tales of zelda a good game worthy of buying if I enjoyed vesperia?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

drat, alicia is cute

im officially salty

:yeah:

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

what's the technobabble drinking word for this one? Like phon in abyss and aer in vesperia?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Drink every time you see the word Shepard.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I knew the Battle camera was rear end when I bought this game but no one talked about the overland one having insane sensitivity! Also they took away the vocals of the opening song! Fuckers!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

what's the technobabble drinking word for this one? Like phon in abyss and aer in vesperia?

It was Blastia on Vesperia dude

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ImpAtom posted:

Wrex.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

oh right. I only remembered drinking a lot, for some reason

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Are there any very important but permanently missable accessories? I didn't sell the dagger so I am worried I missed out on the cowboy hat.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Also malevolence.

The big flaw I've noticed so far is an extreme lack of artes. Sorey only has two Arcane ones and I'm nine hours in, that's kind of insane. I realize the armitization is supposed to pick up some of that slack, but it still feels pretty lame. Alisha has the exact same problem, though she took even longer to gain even one Arcane arte.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

chumbler posted:

Are there any very important but permanently missable accessories? I didn't sell the dagger so I am worried I missed out on the cowboy hat.

You can also sell the pipe for the same thing.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Can I turn the pipe into an accessory, this is very important

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Hopefully you can find a random wolf to give the pipe to or something

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

I knew the Battle camera was rear end when I bought this game but no one talked about the overland one having insane sensitivity! Also they took away the vocals of the opening song! Fuckers!

The PC version actually had the opening with Japanese vocals in the game's files, but a patch removed it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

So if levelling is only tied to Title proficiency, should I be switching titles as soon as one is 'maxed out' until I can increase it some more? I've just been sticking with the one that gives me the most useful stats.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Aer was the mana-like substance in Vesperia and Blastia were the devices for conducting it. (Also, how could anybody hate the combo system in Vesperia? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs93c9KavvU)

For anyone who cares, I sold the knife but the merchants gave it back after I did a trivial task for them because they're cool and don't want to cheat Sorey.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Oh another quick question: can I remap my controller? I really, really want X to be Attack and B to be Block/Dodge. I don't mind if I have to mine an .ini or whatever, but Xpadder and its ilk is out of the question.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is there a way to change the field character? Sorey is way less cool than the others so far, even if the cowboy hat accents his outfit quite well.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

Oh another quick question: can I remap my controller? I really, really want X to be Attack and B to be Block/Dodge. I don't mind if I have to mine an .ini or whatever, but Xpadder and its ilk is out of the question.

Yep, it's right on the main menu.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Playing on a GTX 970 with DSR up to 4k and everything maxed out, looks pretty good and I haven't seen it dip below 30fps with vsync. I'm not very far but I'm not seeing the tearing or FPS issues other people are seeing in the first grassy area. Or is that a later area? I did have one graphical fuckup, looked like vram corruption with vertices jumping all over the place, that was solved by quicksaving and reloading.

Are people playing with Japanese or English audio? I usually don't have the choice with Tales games but Sorey sounds pretty sorry in English.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ImpAtom posted:

Yep, it's right on the main menu.

Oh, yeah, it's right there. Thanks. Of course, it would be too much to ask for it to be, y'know, on the options menu, or accessible in-game :downs:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Japanese because dubs are for scrubs

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!

Cake Attack posted:

drat, alicia is cute

im officially salty

I like her and do not want her to be eaten by a weirdo Zagi fox vampire.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Alicia is way older than I thought when I saw her. Like I assumed she was a childhood friend, not a mid-20s princess that happens to wear hot pants.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rose is okay but her skits rely a bit too much on 'oh hey guys what are you doing, ugh ruins again, boys :rolleyes:' sometimes

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
The title of this thread must immediately be changed to Tales of Zestiria: Don't be caught sans seraph.

Also, good job localization team.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CubeTheory posted:

The title of this thread must immediately be changed to Tales of Zestiria: Don't be caught sans seraph.

Also, good job localization team.

Games > Tales of Zestiria: Make the neighbors resent you

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Desuwa posted:

Are people playing with Japanese or English audio? I usually don't have the choice with Tales games but Sorey sounds pretty sorry in English.

I heavily dislike playing games in a language I can't understand, so English. That is unless the dub is irredeemably horrible. These kinda games aren't super amazing so if an English dub is just "mediocre" I can at least laugh at it. :shrug:

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Sakurazuka posted:

Japanese because dubs are for scrubs

Are Turtlez for scrubs?

I think not.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

drat, alicia is cute

im officially salty

All this early game setup makes me really sad knowing what happens

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

So what exactly does equipment proficiency do? Does it just reduce the fusion cost or does it actually improve the item?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I'm enjoying the game early on though a lot of the mechanics elude me so far. I'm mostly mashing my way to victory with the occasional dodge thrown in. Running it at max settings on my PC with no hitches or issues and it looks pretty good!

Japanese opening is way superior to the instrumental and it's a crime they removed it. I'm glad i backed it up just before the patch hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Traxis posted:

So what exactly does equipment proficiency do? Does it just reduce the fusion cost or does it actually improve the item?

I'm pretty sure it makes the skills better upon fusion. I would get blue skills (ones that are locked) when I used stuff that was max level.

• Locked thread