Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

schools suck, you say? last i checked, boston is home to both harvard and MIT.

(oh, but goons don't think those are good schools, i bet. lol.)

Goons think everything is bad

For example Harvard is a playground for children of the idle rich and MIT is fedora neckbeard reddit my little pony lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moltke
May 13, 2009
Boston is not a real major metropolitan area, buts its cute that they think they are.

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

It's not a big college town.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n2cIeIpzLA

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Moltke posted:

Boston is not a real major metropolitan area, buts its cute that they think they are.

Fun fact, the Boston metro area has more people in it than the SF metro area :eng101:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

loquacius posted:

Fun fact, the Boston metro area has more people in it than the SF metro area :eng101:

Which is still smaller than Atlanta, the jewel of Central Georgia.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

you would have a point if either of those were actually in boston

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
Boston traffic sucks. Also the corrupt/incompetent legislature sucks as well.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tuxedo Gin posted:

The only other person I have ever seen unironically pull the "uh excuse me but Cambridge is not in Boston :smug:" card was an unbelievably smug rich townie trying to tell people in the Boston thread in LAN that they weren't allowed to say they were from Boston if their driver's license said Cambridge, Brookline, or Somerville on it. That guy eventually got run out of SA for being an rear end in a top hat, so congrats you're in good company on that one

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer

At least we got the Lynx!

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Boston is fun if you're white and middlesolidly upper-middle class or like 6 college students crammed into a 2BD apartment and average

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

loquacius posted:

It's funny because there are tons of things that legitimately suck about Boston (lack of Taco Bells is a big one here) but you weren't able to identify any of them and instead named a number of things that are actually cool and good

uh

Maine is part of Boston now?

boston is more of a shithole than i thought if the people crave taco bell

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

loquacius posted:

I suppose. If you were to not include San Jose, for some reason.

why am I arguing this, I hate SF even more than I hate Boston.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Maoist Pussy posted:

I suppose. If you were to not include San Jose, for some reason.

why am I arguing this, I hate SF even more than I hate Boston.

boston is way better than SF and nowhere near the shittiest major city in the country

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

God no, this is a world where Detroit exists

I don't know why Boston gets such loud and intense hatred on the Internet but I think it has something to do with the staggering number of people our sports teams have humiliated over the last 14 years or so (see: the first thing the OP mentioned) (he mad)

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

major metro areas shittier than boston: SF, detroit, miami, DC, LA, houston, atlanta, philly, baltimore, st louis

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Went to a wedding in Boston. The CEO of marvel entertainment was apparently there.

That's my Boston story.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

loquacius posted:

I don't know why Boston gets such loud and intense hatred on the Internet but I think it has something to do with the staggering number of people our sports teams have humiliated over the last 14 years or so (see: the first thing the OP mentioned) (he mad)

its bc yall sound like retaaaahds

Bread Dragon
Apr 7, 2012

sudonim posted:

Boston is p good actually. Lots of beer fests and the surrounding towns have eastern european immigrants which means big boobs.

The transit is kind of hosed tho

you hosed UP budd, this is an rear end generation

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I dont know much about boston but i had a umass roomie once. Umass fukkin suuuuuucks, what the hell is wrong with you people? Thats rhetorical, you dont have to answer. I know youre really drunk.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
Boston is beautiful and I'd move back in a second. :qq:

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

Tuxedo Gin posted:

Actually there are parts of MIT and Harvard that are in Boston. The Harvard field house comes to mind cuz that's in Allston just across the Charles, and MIT has buildings across the Charles as well.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

whoflungpoop posted:

its bc yall sound like retaaaahds

There was only one girl in my entire middle/high school class who had a noticeable Boston accent. Everybody made fun of her until she dropped it. ok that's my story

epilogue: she got hot later

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
the accent is fun though

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

loquacius posted:

loving lol if you think that the only reason people would hate your city because of ballfoot and not the dozens of legitimate reasons your city is absolutely loving terrible.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

legitimate reasons your city is absolutely loving terrible.

Go on then

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Doesn't Boston also have a cask from a treasure hunt that a goon has said he positively knows where it's at and that he would dig up but he hurt his wrist and subsequently not dug up?

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

ArtIsResistance posted:

I was watching the Bruins play on a Boston stream and I thought one of the commentators was retarded but nope that's just the Boston accent

agreed

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Boston people are the worst in America to the point that even Jersey people think they're assholes

Like half the time when I see someone swerving on the road or screaming in a public space nine out of ten times they're from Boston

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Bro Dad posted:

Boston people are the worst in America to the point that even Jersey people think they're assholes

Like half the time when I see someone swerving on the road or screaming in a public space nine out of ten times they're from Boston

They should do a deadliest warrior spinoff show and call it dumbest american

Jersey vs Boston

Texas vs Florida

Socal vs Norcal

I would watch the poo poo out of this show.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
Yes let's have a show called dumbest american and completely overlook the south

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKTQhKEt8Xk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJmM7eQEnSE

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Lufiron posted:

Yes let's have a show called dumbest american and completely overlook the south

alabama vs ohio
mississippi vs michigan

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

loving lol if you think that the only reason people would hate your city because of ballfoot and not the dozens of legitimate reasons your city is absolutely loving terrible.

Do tell :allears:

(no but seriously if you are trying to think of reasons Boston sucks and "sports teams" comes to mind before "weather" you are mad hth)

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

loquacius posted:

Do tell :allears:

(no but seriously if you are trying to think of reasons Boston sucks and "sports teams" comes to mind before "weather" you are mad hth)

Because Boston sports fans never shut the gently caress up about it. It's like some creepy religion that y'all can never stop talking about for 5 goddamned seconds. This also probably explains why you drive so loving slow yet still ignore any and all road signs. Too busy talking about sports.

First it was whining about the Bambino and Buckner and how bad the Patriots were until the last 10 years or so. Now it's being arrogant loving cunts about them.

At least anime fans and bronies and DnD players will keep their yobs shut most of the loving time.

And you Massholes let Riverside Amusement Park get taken over by Six Flags of which there can be no forgiveness whatsoever. Yes I know part of this was because here in ct we like trees more than people but we learned our antisocial behavior from being so close to you fucks! :doom:

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

Captain Rufus posted:

why you drive so loving slow

wait, what? i always cruised at 90+ on the interstate in mass, im lucky to hit that on any highway here in chicago, theres always someone doing 15 under in the left lane

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
Boston is a gorgeous place with cool people, garbage train system poo poo drivers so what :mad:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy88-5pc7c8

g-d bless the commonwealth

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Oct 21, 2015

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Roargasm posted:

Boston is a gorgeous place with cool people, garbage train system poo poo drivers so what :mad:

The mbta train drivers are a mixed bag. Some will coldly close the door in your face, others wait for you to dash to the train, and some will sing you happy birthday over the intercom

Weird as the train is, driving cars here sux dix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
bahston is responsible for boondock saints. i'd like to see someone defend that

• Locked thread