Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Lowtax posted:

I have a little 16gb USB drive that I bring when I go to Five Guys Burgers, and when the people working there aren't looking, I get behind the machine and use a flathead screwdriver to dislodge the cover panel that protects the rear diagnostic port from overflows. Then I use a plain ol' pocket knife to pop out the two front monitoring cables so I can push them aside and reach the USB port that below the main motherboard in the rear. I found a torrent file of the proprietary OS those machines use, and if you format a 16gb (or smaller) USB drive with it (and flash it properly), you can get into most machines that way. Also on that USB drive I've got a bunch of encoded custom drink files that are automatically uploaded to the machine via batch files, so once it reads the drive, the choices will soon appear (within 10 seconds) on the main screen. I then simply push a button and bam, got the custom drink of my choice! It took me a few straight days to figure out how to do all this, but I can upload a text file and put the BIOS and poo poo on dropbox if you want.

Of course I want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Flavor Truck posted:

A strange woman in Five Guys interrupted my friend and I at the machine to demonstrate how she used a ketchup cup to sample all the flavors. Well that's my story bye

Thats disgusting

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Lowtax really IS dad gay, so what! I always suspected...

EnabledAssman
Dec 29, 2008

Lowtax posted:

I have a little 16gb USB drive that I bring when I go to Five Guys Burgers, and when the people working there aren't looking, I get behind the machine and use a flathead screwdriver to dislodge the cover panel that protects the rear diagnostic port from overflows. Then I use a plain ol' pocket knife to pop out the two front monitoring cables so I can push them aside and reach the USB port that below the main motherboard in the rear. I found a torrent file of the proprietary OS those machines use, and if you format a 16gb (or smaller) USB drive with it (and flash it properly), you can get into most machines that way. Also on that USB drive I've got a bunch of encoded custom drink files that are automatically uploaded to the machine via batch files, so once it reads the drive, the choices will soon appear (within 10 seconds) on the main screen. I then simply push a button and bam, got the custom drink of my choice! It took me a few straight days to figure out how to do all this, but I can upload a text file and put the BIOS and poo poo on dropbox if you want.

Low key drink hacks

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
you ain't really sodabreaking until you secretly inject your custom flavor mixtures directly into the machine and code in a special button combination so only you can access them

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Whats the official free style machine drink of the Rowdy Trout board

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

a bay posted:

Whats the official free style machine drink of the Rowdy Trout board

club soda

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Germstore posted:

A restaurant I go to got rid of their freestyle machine because the inability to make more than one drink at a time was bottlenecking them. Coke should probably fix that.

I just hope they stick around because there's several awesome flavors of soda that are pretty much exclusive to them.

Granted after a while it stops feeling like so many choices and you narrow down your favorites, but that's still like 10x the options you had before

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

no, it's mocking soda drinkers while sipping on a mountain dew big gulp.

Nascardad
Oct 22, 2009

"Racing is in my blood, I can't quite get out of it yet"
I hate those things.... I wish to break them

Hot Cosby
Sep 23, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nascardad posted:

I hate those things.... I wish to break them

same

just saw one at lunch and there were no bubbles on the water menu to access a secret menu

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Is there a Sprite combination that tastes like Sprite Remix?

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

orange coke or coke zero

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Blue Powerade with sprite, its the bomb.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Lowtax posted:

So how does mangosteen mountain dew taste?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

My college has one of these.

Raspberry Sprite is pretty good.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Jose Oquendo posted:

So how does mangosteen mountain dew taste?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
It tastes like a $10 bill.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

drat.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Lowtax posted:

It tastes like a $10 bill.

lmbo

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Hahaha ouch. The tax man givith and the tax man taketh.

Affe mk2
Mar 9, 2004

Chicks dig giant robots
my girlfriend seeks these things out, then gets plain dr. pepper

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
They should have the other kinds of Dr Pepper like Dr Perfect and Dr Radical

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Coke Freestyle machines are the only place to dependably find Cherry Diet Dr. Pepper, the only soda worth drinking.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
cum, OP

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
next time you use one of these things in a super busy restaurant be sure to waste time mixing ridiculous poo poo and make a huge line for the machine with anxious obese people waiting for their sweet nectar

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

mdm posted:

next time you use one of these things in a super busy restaurant be sure to waste time mixing ridiculous poo poo and make a huge line for the machine with anxious obese people waiting for their sweet nectar

I do this at the movie theater where people are running late but my seat is reserved.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

I like these things but I usually end up in line behind 4 or 5 easily confused grandmas so I also kinda hate them

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
I don't miss the freestyle from my old job, it was a bastard of a machine.

You know poo poo is hosed when first step of resolving customer complaints about the machine is "first, calm the customer."

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
richard im going to go ahead and say that your life hack sounds too complicated and might meet you into legal trouble please stop. y

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

mexican coca cola is good, you can buy six packs for 6.50

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Enfield posted:

if youre so fat soda gives you diabetes you should probably lose some weight. check out our very own w+w for diet and excersize ideas

Surely you know some secret to burning off the pounds more quickly.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Raspberry Coke and Lime Ginger Ale

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I just like having the option for cherry coke more available

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
hate them. the sod awater is all loving weird

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Enfield posted:

if youre so fat soda gives you diabetes you should probably lose some weight. check out our very own w+w for diet and excersize ideas

I want to try your diet. I hear it really burns the weight off.

The Dregs fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 20, 2015

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
I got a Captain Crunch whistle just so I can hack these machines.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Obligatory Toast posted:

I don't miss the freestyle from my old job, it was a bastard of a machine.

You know poo poo is hosed when first step of resolving customer complaints about the machine is "first, calm the customer."

im lightly carbonated with rage right now

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Lowtax posted:

Ah the reason why they have a guard posted now.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
who is gifted one of these magnificient glorious centers of human achievement much like the monolith in 2012 a space odysey you have it set before your prying monkey eyes and you get a diet soda lmao

the best answer is ust cherry coke, or hi-c orange if you're feeling extra sassy :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

a bay posted:

They just got one of these and I want to know what are the good combinations to get for drinks from this machine. I tried the peach flavored diet come and it was okay I guess, pretty much exactly what I expected so what should I try to really get the most of this machine because everybody seems to be crazy about it. Also is there really a secret because my friend told me there is a secret code you can press but I think he is just trying to get me to press a bunch of things I dont need to and spray soda all on my chest and everything

all of them suck because nowhere ever cleans them so you go for a diet dr pepper or something and it tastes like hic mellow yellow diet dr pepper

• Locked thread