Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Give everyone mod powers in gbs

LIBERTOPIA ACHIEVED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Sheep-Goats posted:

BYOB is supposed to be the lax rules forum for people who can't consistently be funny.

FYAD is supposed to be the lax rules forum for people who can consistently be funny.

coud you link some of these funny posts

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Windows 98 posted:

Lowtax has made it pretty clear that he is moving GBS from a poo poo posting format back to something a little more coherent. So in honor of that mind set let's discuss some ideas on how to improve this subforum.

I personally think we should go back to a revolving IK for GBS as well as best thread of the week/2 weeks that Gnarly had started a while back. Both of those two things brought life into this heap, and in recent memory I haven't seen GBS as exciting as when those two events were happening. To start, the incentive of avatars and mystery prizes was pretty good, 3 day probation on the user of your choice was even better. Giving us goon lords something to strive for really improved the quality of posting as everyone tried to go for the best rated thread. It naturally cut down on poo poo posting OPs and low effort threads. In contrast, the IKs were fun for obvious fun reasons that are the opposite of coherency. Or maybe even combine the two and the previous weeks winner of best thread can be IK for the current week.

Yes I know QCS exists but lol who really reads that.

agreed, but you should post this in qcs too

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Hogge Wild posted:

He said "Supposed to be", often planning doesn't sync up to reality

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Tendai posted:

NOW IS MY TIME

do you have a septum piercing and yarn for hair? if so you are hired.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Nation posted:

we should make fun of more stuff on the internet

http://anal-fissure.org/
Agreed.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Hogge Wild posted:

The one that says 'tane' is super funny when you know it's meant to be funny.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

City of Tampa posted:

do you have a septum piercing and yarn for hair? if so you are hired.
I hate needles and I like washing my hair :saddowns: I spoke too soon, it is not my time.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Hogge Wild posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3747591

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

eh

link another

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Bring back old GBS and call it "Classic GBS"

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

It'll be the same as before, but people will think it's better because of rose tinted glasses and overall happiness will increase.

There, solved that without actually having to do anything.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

toggle posted:

More stickied threads

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Hogge Wild posted:

eh

link another

Seems there's humor all over SA and no one forum has a monopoly on it. They all equally suck and/or are equally entertaining. Even the educational ones. Not a one of them hits constant comedy. And there's no such thing as a posting superstar you nerdy shitlords.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Hogge Wild posted:

eh

link another

I lol a lot at the FYAD Goldmine which can be found at the bottom of the forums index.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

net cafe scandal posted:

I lol a lot at the FYAD Goldmine which can be found at the bottom of the forums index.

ok i'll go check it

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Somebody needs to find the next zombaby beet face or cyber dragon
Some kind of forums bounty hunter

Maybe SA needs to engage with the rest of the Internet more often

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Can we make Enfield ik? I like his doodle touching ideas. I also think swbm should be mod. I really like his call-in and make suggestions style.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Yossarian posted:

Can we make Enfield ik? I like his doodle touching ideas. I also think swbm should be mod. I really like his call-in and make suggestions style.

plus he is beeble 1 and has good radio etiquette

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I suggest banning TEAYCHES for whatever he calls himself from GBS because he was pretty much Patient Zero for the whole "i'm gay" meme.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I suggest banning TEAYCHES for whatever he calls himself from GBS because he was pretty much Patient Zero for the whole "i'm gay" meme.

He wasn't "pretty much", he WAS.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

gay

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I think that if people are laughing and enjoying themselves and you don't think it's funny, that's probably because you're the joke.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Ork of Fiction posted:

I think that if people are laughing and enjoying themselves and you don't think it's funny, that's probably because you're the joke.

if you dont have a seat at the dinner table, youre dinner - marty mcfly

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

dad gay. so what posted:

if you dont have a seat at the dinner table, youre dinner - marty mcfly

"I can't stop shaking" - Marty Mcfly, in the future

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe
I'm not normally one to complain, and I hesitate to do so about this fine Something Awful forum. I do have one thing that I feel quite strongly about, though; the new background for this Rowdy Trout section is not pleasing for me. I would prefer one that is more generic, and less cartoonish. Thanks for reading this, Mr. Lowtax.

Love,
Vitalis

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Vitalis Jackson posted:

I'm not normally one to complain, and I hesitate to do so about this fine Something Awful forum. I do have one thing that I feel quite strongly about, though; the new background for this Rowdy Trout section is not pleasing for me. I would prefer one that is more generic, and less cartoonish. Thanks for reading this, Mr. Lowtax.

Love,
Vitalis

i agree please use this instead

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Vitalis Jackson posted:

Love,
Vitalis

this is actually easy to fix, hit alt-f4 to remove it

then throw your computer while it is running into a bathtub with you in it

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Vitalis Jackson posted:

Love,
Vitalis
I'm sorry that you hate fun

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

How about more stickied threads?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

net cafe scandal posted:

imo that goldmine was p. boring

funniest things in fyad are the goonlulz threads

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

We can start by getting rid the loving trout

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lock all the subforums for a month and make everyone post in GBS

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

If I were a mod, I'd start probating people for saying "cool and good", "good and cool" or any other similar statement. I'd rather see a post that was nothing but a wall of text with only the word "cuck".

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

If I were a mod, I'd start probating people for saying "cool and good", "good and cool" or any other similar statement. I'd rather see a post that was nothing but a wall of text with only the word "cuck".

This idea is fab and brill.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
Has my beloved GBS reverted to D&D-lite yet or can we still cuck I'm gay goku for a while, because I have a few zingers still up my sleeve that I want to use.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Lunixnerd posted:

I have a few zingers still up my sleeve that I want to use.

[Citation needed]

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sekenr posted:

We can start by getting rid the loving trout

Why do you hate fun

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lunixnerd posted:

Has my beloved GBS reverted to D&D-lite yet or can we still cuck I'm gay goku for a while, because I have a few zingers still up my sleeve that I want to use.

prove it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Hogge Wild posted:

https://www.tehposts.com

Some good poo poo in here.

• Locked thread