Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
astoniareborn
Oct 21, 2015
Astonia Reborn http://www.astoniareborn.com
Is a free-to-play fantasy MMORPG. Players join the forces of the Astonian Imperial Army as a Warrior or Mage to train for battle, and protect their world against the invading demon horde. Characters gain rank and power, qualifying them for better and more powerful equipment and later have the opportunity to become a member of the legendary Seyan'Du and broaden their skill set.

Each character has the opportunity to find, design and enhance their own equipment, with hundreds of different items available to be found. Characters may take on different professions to help them create and repair their equipment, concoct potions to increase their skills or simply to receive favor with shopkeepers.

Players are offered the chance to raise their skills however they wish, allowing for a wide range of character builds with just a few class options. All players of Astonia Reborn have the choice to join clans that have been created and run by other players, to participate in clan arenas for bonuses, and start wars to raid other clans for glory.

Astonia Reborn is created with a 2D isometric engine that runs on virtually any computer and even with limited internet connection

Also on Steam Greenlight.

Few Videos and Images.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=391598614

astoniareborn fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Oct 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Oh god its happening again.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

I am so, so sorry, Mormon Star Wars.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only

Anticheese posted:

I am so, so sorry, Mormon Star Wars.

You have blood on your hands.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
What's your end game?

astoniareborn
Oct 21, 2015

Donnerberg posted:

What's your end game?

Currently, end game consists of PVP, clans vs other clans. We are currently working on more content for end game, so it will also include more PVE and PVP raids, dungeon fights with bosses and PVP elements, and probably other options for beating people up.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Is there fishing?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I wasn't talking about the game.

Proposition Castle
Aug 9, 2004
Witty message goes here.
Is this a Goonies-based MMO?

astoniareborn
Oct 21, 2015
We have a few videos and images over at our Steam Greenlight page do be sure to check it out
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=391598614

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Anticheese posted:

Oh god its happening again.

Has this one been here before?

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

Well this thread is going to be fun.

astoniareborn
Oct 21, 2015
LOL no i posted in the wrong forum, but i quickly removed and moved it to here.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
this game looks like poo poo

namaste

astoniareborn
Oct 21, 2015
its not always about how a game looks, all flash games are all the same these days. MMORPG's prime days were these games, older games will always be better.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

This game is bad and you should feel bad.

astoniareborn
Oct 21, 2015
this is one of the most complex statistics building games ever made, with a very very wide range of different builds and statistics, if your into games that are actually a challange and makes you work your brain, this is for you

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

This game was posted to /r/gaming eight months ago and received no votes or comments, while the official subreddit for it has been open for two years and received an average of 4.5 subscribers per year.

This proves that SA is truly the superior, most interactive social media platform.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

astoniareborn posted:

this is one of the most complex statistics building games ever made, with a very very wide range of different builds and statistics, if your into games that are actually a challange and makes you work your brain, this is for you

Sounds like my job description.

astoniareborn
Oct 21, 2015
its always been a quiet game, because the word was never pushed around, now im doing all i can to put this game out there for people that would be generally interested, the community inside this game is amazing, and always enjoy themselves every time, because its a fun experience.
i know there's going to be haters, that's fine, my post is here for people to see, i hope to see some genuine people come and join a wonderful community, classic game

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
be honest, are you getting paid to do this or are you a deluded person playing the game desperately trying to bring people in

im not sure which is more shameful at this point

e; nvm i assumed this game made any money, i doubt it could hire anyone to do pr lmao

astoniareborn
Oct 21, 2015
I am actually the owner and developer of this server, i opened it for a close group of people and friends, you can be a prick all you want, im just a new guy trying to get a few players, nothing big, im proud of my work, cause what makes me proud is being a developer that also plays the game with my community and i create the game my community wants, i do it for the fun and the awesome community i already have, no need for negative comments. so for the people that may find this game interesting to them, do come join, players make the game, not me :)

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

astoniareborn posted:

players make the game, not me :)

Anticheese posted:

This game was posted to /r/gaming eight months ago and received no votes or comments, while the official subreddit for it has been open for two years and received an average of 4.5 subscribers per year.

so if you have zero players does that mean you have zero game

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
who or what is astonia, and why do they posses the gift of rebirth? just asking the tough questions here

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

When are you adding the zoom function?

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
Dude paid :10bux: to get his game poo poo posted on. Sounds like a great investment.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Uziduke posted:

Dude paid :10bux: to get his game poo poo posted on. Sounds like a great investment.

I voted no, so probably not! :D

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

astoniareborn posted:

I am actually the owner and developer of this server, i opened it for a close group of people and friends, you can be a prick all you want, im just a new guy trying to get a few players, nothing big, im proud of my work, cause what makes me proud is being a developer that also plays the game with my community and i create the game my community wants, i do it for the fun and the awesome community i already have, no need for negative comments. so for the people that may find this game interesting to them, do come join, players make the game, not me :)

Yeah well great job creating a video game and poo poo, I couldn't do it. But gently caress you making an account just to push your game, not to be part of the community.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

i want a challanging game, from someone who cant use good enough grammar, to even, shill his piece of, poo poo correctly

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
should every screenshot on http://www.astoniareborn.com/index.php/media/ after the third one point to that third one?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
is this the topic

astoniareborn
Oct 21, 2015
thank you for pointing out the screen shots, sorted that issue out, and as for my grammar, i really dont care, im just a general gamer also, placing a small game in the open for people to view, im happy with anyone that wants to take a peak at it, im not a big advertiser, nor do i know what im doing in the advertising department, everyones got to start somewhere, im a laid back developer/owner that just likes to enjoy a bit of gaming also.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
well op, im glad you made this thread. have a nice day

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
nice i think i played this piece of poo poo in a browser like 15 years ago

i remember it had a really really loud door opening sound and a few other stock noises

bad game

astoniareborn
Oct 21, 2015
yes very old game, yes those are the noises :p
it might be bad game to some, but don't judge a book by its cover :)
its a game for people who know that games are not like these anymore.
Theres always an audience for games like this, just need to put it out there :)

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
yeah :) thgats my motto too you know? :) just get out there :) and knock on some doors :)
theres all types of folk :) and well hehe :) you cant get an apple if you dont shake some trees :)
whats the worst that can happen :) right? some bad apples spoil the bushel? :)
it all comes out in the wash as they say :) okay well good luck with you video game :)

astoniareborn
Oct 21, 2015
Thank very much Blazing Zero, yes things don't knock on doors themselves these days hehe :p
Yea i might not have posted this as good as i could have, but im not here to sell my game, just here to let people know, games like this do still exist :)

astoniareborn fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 21, 2015

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope
Why should I stop playing DikuMUD to play this game?

astoniareborn
Oct 21, 2015
despite the old school graphics, behind all that is actually a really awesome game, lots of PVE, lots of PVP, so many unique builds and equipment customization, a wonderful small community, and a developing team that work around the clock to supply constant updates and experience that most gamers wish to have, plays on any windows/linux operating systems, no Pay To Win, no cheaters, and defiantly, no over powered characters/gear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
Guess its time for GoonWaffe to quit EVE and join this game, maybe even get SFD to join up.

• Locked thread