Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
...like they're all named "glen". But you didn't do it for the irony you just thought the name glen sounds cool and would increase their chances of mating by having a cool sounding name. There is literally nothing stopping people from doing this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
George Foreman named all his sons and daughters George.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

...like they're all named "glen". But you didn't do it for the irony you just thought the name glen sounds cool and would increase their chances of mating by having a cool sounding name. There is literally nothing stopping people from doing this.

This was hosed up in my opinion until I realized that you could make their middle name like "One" and "Two" so you'd have like "Glen One Thompson" "Glen Two Thompson" and that would be a legit family I'd hang with until they got to like Seven or other hosed up 2 syllable numbers.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The bob newheart show already did this gag:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnZm-9TfSaA

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Glen is the name of a guy that's all greasy and wears women's jeans every day. No thank you.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Libelous Slander posted:

This was hosed up in my opinion until I realized that you could make their middle name like "One" and "Two" so you'd have like "Glen One Thompson" "Glen Two Thompson" and that would be a legit family I'd hang with until they got to like Seven or other hosed up 2 syllable numbers.

Maybe they could just pick their middle names later in life. I mean you don't have to have a middle name at birth do you? Like glen "dumptruck" Thompson or glen "bonesy" Thompson. I don't think anyone is gonna know they are just "the" glen. Like you say glen and everyone knows who you are talking about.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Spanish Manlove posted:

The bob newheart show already did this gag:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnZm-9TfSaA

Is there a portion of this skit that is supposed to be funny or is that the whole gag?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Libelous Slander posted:

Is there a portion of this skit that is supposed to be funny or is that the whole gag?

It's set in vermont, the least funny place in america next to anywhere I'm currently living.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
so there was this guy and he had a little experiment so he named one son loser and one son winner to see if the kid's name would have any impact on their future success so anywelp years later loser was the head CEO of a fortune 500 company and winner is a downandout bum addict on drugs, the moral of the story?

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

not wearing glasses so i thought for a minute the name had to be 'Glerr', which i would be on board with

since i dislike children though its probably easier to just intercept birth registrations and change them all on the form to Glerr

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

chaosbreather posted:

not wearing glasses so i thought for a minute the name had to be 'Glerr', which i would be on board with

since i dislike children though its probably easier to just intercept birth registrations and change them all on the form to Glerr

I kind of like "glarey" tbh.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
My four sons will be

Brandon, Brendan, Branden and Brendon

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

String Beans posted:

My four sons will be

Brandon, Brendan, Branden and Brendon

What about Brundan?

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I named my children Heart, Liver, Kidney, Lungs to designate what organs I can harvest later.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

milkingmycow posted:

I named my children Heart, Liver, Kidney, Lungs to designate what organs I can harvest later.

Why not just name them "Abortion Survivor Thompson"

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

milkingmycow posted:

in a cruel twist of fate, lungs will take up smoking, liver will become an alcoholic and heart will suffer from a broken heart :smith:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i think it would be funny to name your son "oliver twist" then kick him out and tell him his real parents are dead. he would eat gruel all the time and wear filthy rags for clothes then i would re-name him to "richy-rich" and watch his head explode when he found he was a billionaire. he would bathe in gold coins and eat filet minon for breakfast. what a frikken idiot. kids :rolleyes:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
my whole family is called glen

weird

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
i will never sire children

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

RideTheSpiral posted:

my whole family is called glen

weird

Daym dawg! :shobon:

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

Hahaha no he didn't. Not all of his children anyway. The boys though, yeah.

Courtesy of wikipedia.

His five sons are George Jr., George III ("Monk"), George IV ("Big Wheel"), George V ("Red"), and George VI ("Little Joey"). The two daughters from his marriage are Natalia and Leola; his three daughters from a separate relationship are Michi, Freeda, and Georgetta.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i think you would probably come up with mafia style nicknames for each one. like hey fingers, take stretch and lefty to school and then go to the grocery store with fletch.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
aiden
brayden
jayden
hayden
glayen
mayden
brynden
alden
falden

hayleigh
jayleigh
tayleigh
fayleigh
bayleigh
sayleigh
emileigh

et cetera

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hell Yeah posted:

i think you would probably come up with mafia style nicknames for each one. like hey fingers, take stretch and lefty to school and then go to the grocery store with fletch.

And you guys stay the hell away from Patches and Milkman! :rant:

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I'm going to have 30 kids and name all the boys Dick and all the girls Gina

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Applewhite posted:

george foreman grill is indispensable bachelor kit. gov't should issue that to every person on their 18th birthday

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cram me sideways posted:

george foreman grill is indispensable bachelor kit. gov't should issue that to every person on their 18th birthday

I don't see why you can't just use 2 hotplates like a George Forman grill, that way you can make noodles and tea too.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

tomstuart posted:

aiden
brayden
jayden
hayden
glayen
mayden
brynden
alden
falden

hayleigh
jayleigh
tayleigh
fayleigh
bayleigh
sayleigh
emileigh

et cetera

if you say this to a rhythm you are in fact now a country singer

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747

dad gay. so what posted:

i think it would be funny to name your son "oliver twist" then kick him out and tell him his real parents are dead. he would eat gruel all the time and wear filthy rags for clothes then i would re-name him to "richy-rich" and watch his head explode when he found he was a billionaire. he would bathe in gold coins and eat filet minon for breakfast. what a frikken idiot. kids :rolleyes:

I thought you were going to mutilate his genitals whew.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
Haha, wow, that'd be pretty crazy OP.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
The Romans named their daughters after their father, and multiple daughters would just get numbers. IE Julius daughter is Julia, Julia 2, 3 etc.
It would be the Roman way.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Medium Cool posted:

Haha, wow, that'd be pretty crazy OP.

Huh, yeah that's what I was thinkin.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

The Romans named their daughters after their father, and multiple daughters would just get numbers. IE Julius daughter is Julia, Julia 2, 3 etc.
It would be the Roman way.

when in rome!! lol. j/k thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard go gently caress yourself

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i'd name all my kids tad so I don't have to worry about them going to college

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

social vegan posted:

i'd name all my kids tad so I don't have to worry about them going to college

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

dad gay. so what posted:

when in rome!! lol. j/k thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard go gently caress yourself

Feeling super cucked right now :eek:

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Every child in my family is named the same. Mistake.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

No. 6 posted:

Every child in my family is named the same. Mistake.

like hey No. 6, take No. 6 and No. 6 to school and then go to the grocery store with No. 6.

haha number your kids but name them all the same number

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo
Australia's got you covered:

A woman walks into the City Centrelink office, trailed by 15 kids . . .

'WOW,' the social worker exclaims, 'Are they ALL yours?'

'Yeah, they are all mine,' the flustered mother sighs, having heard that question a thousand times before. She says, 'Sit down Terry.' All the children rush to find seats.

'Well,' says the social worker, 'then you must be here to sign up. I'll need all your children's names.'
'This one's my oldest - he is Terry.' 'OK, and who's next?' 'Well, this one, he is Terry, also.' The social worker raises an eyebrow but continues. One by one, through the oldest four, all boys, all named Terry.

Then she is introduced to the eldest girl, named Terri. 'All right,' says the caseworker. 'I'm seeing a pattern here. Are they ALL named Terri?'

Their Mother replied, 'Well, yes - it makes it easier. When it is time to get them out of bed and ready for school, I yell, 'Terry!' An' when it's time for dinner, I just yell 'Terry!' an' they all come runnin.' An' if I need to stop the kid who's running into the street, I just yell 'Terry' and all of them stop. It's the smartest idea I ever had, namin' them all Terry.'

The social worker thinks this over for a bit, then wrinkles her forehead and says tentatively, 'But what if you just want ONE kid to come, and not the whole bunch?'

'I call them by their surnames!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

ghlbtsk posted:

like hey No. 6, take No. 6 and No. 6 to school and then go to the grocery store with No. 6.

haha number your kids but name them all the same number

Name your kids 1, 2 and 4

• Locked thread