Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Im interested in the stuff you have seen go down at the bar, it seems to me like there is a lot of potential for humor or drama when you have a whole bunch of people in one place and they are horny and they are getting drunk. It doesnt have to be a story from your personal experience or even something that actually happened at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I drink alone

with nobody else

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

It's too high...

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
nah OP im not gonna share a story

why dont u start

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
I went to a horrible strip club/bar in St Louis for my cousins bachelor party and the strippers had to put money into a jukebox on stage to get a song to dance to,

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

City of Tampa posted:

I went to a horrible strip club/bar in St Louis for my cousins bachelor party and the strippers had to put money into a jukebox on stage to get a song to dance to,

:lol: that made my day

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

the first time i ever went to a bar i was up at the bar trying to get a drink, just plainh it cool and checking poo poo out and this horrible monster next to me starts shoving on me and being an rear end in a top hat and i'm just like "whatever" and then his ugly rear end buddy with loving elephantitis rolls up too and is like "hey fag we dont like ur kind here and we're going to gently caress u up" and i'm like "look im just trying to get a drink and i wasnt doing anything so frig off you ugly mutts" and then out of nowhere this sugar daddy dude that i was rolling with at the time straight up cuts his loving arm off lmao

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Chinatown posted:

nah OP im not gonna share a story

why dont u start

I got a glass of water one time and when the waiter brought it it looked like somebody had poo poo fallen in the glass, like a big scab or a blood clot or something. This was at Bickfords which is more like a restaurant but still... yuck

City of Tampa posted:

Thats sad and it would make a good lyric in a country western style song

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
it was a dark and stormy night

i went to the bar at like 10 or something with my brother and we had a few beers and played pool and it was a good time

then we walked home and the tornado sirens came on and it was a bit spooky i guess

then when we got home and had a few more drinks and watched tv or something and then i went to sleep

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

i went to a bar in Nebraska and got way drunker than my friends. then i couldn't find the bathroom, so i pissed on the bar's wall. a bouncer came by and asked me what i was doing, and i couldn't answer because i was laughing too hard. i was then kicked out.
the end

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

the first time i ever went to a bar i was up at the bar trying to get a drink, just plainh it cool and checking poo poo out and this horrible monster next to me starts shoving on me and being an rear end in a top hat and i'm just like "whatever" and then his ugly rear end buddy with loving elephantitis rolls up too and is like "hey fag we dont like ur kind here and we're going to gently caress u up" and i'm like "look im just trying to get a drink and i wasnt doing anything so frig off you ugly mutts" and then out of nowhere this sugar daddy dude that i was rolling with at the time straight up cuts his loving arm off lmao

That dude sounds like a real bro and its too bad youre not rolling with him any more

tomstuart posted:

it was a dark and stormy night

i went to the bar at like 10 or something with my brother and we had a few beers and played pool and it was a good time

then we walked home and the tornado sirens came on and it was a bit spooky i guess

then when we got home and had a few more drinks and watched tv or something and then i went to sleep

I like this story because its spooky but in a low key way... I dont need a spooky story to have a big jump scare but a little of atmosphere goes a long way

TwoStepBoog posted:

i went to a bar in Nebraska and got way drunker than my friends. then i couldn't find the bathroom, so i pissed on the bar's wall. a bouncer came by and asked me what i was doing, and i couldn't answer because i was laughing too hard. i was then kicked out.
the end

That sounds like it could have been bogus at the time but its worth it now because you can tell this stort

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Right after I turned 21 I moved into an apartment with my best friend and we were in walking distance of five or six bars, so on a Friday night we decided to call a few friends over, pregame a bit then walk to the bar and get lovely. During pregame I drank like 2 beers then drank a big red cup of everclear mixed with gatorade, grabbed a beer for the walk, then set out. The walk was maybe 10 minutes and I drank my beer during that time and when I arrived at the bar my friends went inside and I was last. I must have been reeling because the bouncer held up his hand in a pose that said 'halt' and he shook his head and said I was too drunk. I shrugged it off and went around the corner to the next bar where I got in no problem.

I went to the bar and ordered two long islands and got two glasses about 12 inches tall which happened to be the strongest long islands ever mixed. I'm not a really social person (can you imagine?) so I walked around quietly drinking my drinks, finished, paid, then went to leave. As I walked out the door I lost all lucidity because I blinked and when I opened my eyes I was staring at the emergency room ceiling, strapped to the gurney with a cervical collar around my neck. I yelled for help and asked why I was there and why I was strapped to the bed. The nurse said some good samaritan called the ambulance when they saw me essentially comatose in the middle of a fountain and I was trying to fight the ambulance and hospital staff and she would only unstrap me if I promised not to attack her. 10 hours had passed.

She unstrapped me and that is how I found out I was naked except for a hospital gown and my wet clothes were in a bag in the corner of the room. Shortly afterwards my friends from the night before showed up after calling the jail then the hospital. We went to taco bell but I wasn't very hungry so they bagged my food, drove me to the apartment and put me to bed. RIP Ross you were loving awesome.

Anyway I don't drink anymore but that certainly wasn't the last time I ended up in the hospital because of my drinking. Stay the gently caress away from everclear when you're 21 and don't know poo poo.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
i went out to a bar in Leeds (UK) and things were going great. next thing i remember i'm at the airport trying to barter a bag of oranges for plane tickets to switzerland(?).

anyway as i'd regained lucidity somehow, i profusely apologised, got the bus home, smoked some shisha and went to bed.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
I drink and play pool with my crew then leave with whatever slut follows me home

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

I sure was surprised when that Wills question showed up on the afternoon section. That multiple choice question about the liquor authority and amending your complaint was a doozy. One girl even fainted and a proctor had to carry her out. And don't get me started on the ExamSoft situation. But I stuck with it and passed.

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
I once used to frequent a notorious sports bar in the city outskirts. The kind of place where they didn't care if the floors were dirty, you know the basic dive bar. Anyways, there were always two groups of people in there, Boston Patriot Fans, and New York Jets fans. You can kind of tell where this is going. Anyways I'm sitting there drinking my swill that came out of the wall because hey 1 dollar drafts for the next 4 hours. All a sudden this huge dude with like 43 face tattoos starts yelling at this other guy with similar amount of tattoos, this keeps going on as the games are playing. It was roughly around the end of the 3rd quarter and these two dudes just wouldn't shut up, and kept yelling at each other. I looked at the barkeep and he's like yeah they're regulars, all a sudden the one with the 43 tattoos smashes the other guy across the face with the thick rear end mugs the bar uses. Dude lost like 4 teeth, barkeep looks at me and says, "they are also brothers."

Never went back there, and can't watch a jets or patriots games without thinking of teeth flying out.

That's my bar story.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i once had a "moscow mule", pretty frikken tite imho

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I drink too much and 2's and 3's become 7 or 8's and I drunk text/message them and feel stupid about it later.

One has like 4 or 5 kids and I see her around occasionally and its real awkward.

I try and avoid bars for my own good.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

funniest thing I saw was this guy with white pants staggered in, holding his leg which was deep red.

His only action was telling the barkeeper "Yo dimo, I got stabbed, call the police or something" and walking out again. The barkeeper called the police with an expression of "not this again, I'm busy" while everyone else was kinda laughing at how ridiculous this was. When we got out later there was a lot of blood and the guy was gone. This didn't even happen in some seedy area of town, but directly in the busiest bar street at the harbor.

Another time my friend was really drunk, went into a bar with us and took the first beer he saw from some table and drank it. Immediately this huge hells angels guy taps his shoulder and tells him "that's my beer". My friend basically crapped his pants, and had to buy a round for the biker and his 7 friends, while we were laughing our asses off. Never saw someone go from happily poo poo faced to sober oh poo poo face that quickly again.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Bold Robot posted:

I sure was surprised when that Wills question showed up on the afternoon section. That multiple choice question about the liquor authority and amending your complaint was a doozy. One girl even fainted and a proctor had to carry her out. And don't get me started on the ExamSoft situation. But I stuck with it and passed.

I passed the first go, but I took so much speed and valium over the course of three days that I nearly called an ambulance when it was over. An old man sitting behind me said he had taken it 51 times.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
A ways back I went to the bar with my best friend and his fiancé at the time. We met a bunch of her terrible friends there and I was a bit of a third wheel so I started moving around just kicking it with other people. I was talking with this group of people that had two very attractive girls with them and they were chatting it up with me for a while before their whole group decided to go to another bar a few blocks away.
They asked if maybe I would be going there later and I brushed it off with a 'maybe, I don't know, depends on what these losers want to do' while motioning toward the people I came with.
Eventually I ditched my friend and his now ex fiancé and went to the other bar myself. The bar had an upstairs section that was louder and had a small dance floor. I found that group and starting hanging out with them for a while and eventually one of the girls asked me if I wanted to dance. I am a loving horrible dancer and it's a general rule of mine to never dance. I loving hate it, but when a hot girl asks you to dance you go for broke I guess.
So I'm out there twitching around like an idiot trying my best to not go full on knee slapper jazz hands mode and the next thing I know the OTHER hot girl is out there dancing with both of us. I was in the middle of a hot girl dance sandwich!
After the song we went back to where we were sitting and eventually we all got split up. When it was closing time we were all herded downstairs and as I get to the bottom of the steps I see both of the girls standing there looking at me. They wave me over and this was basically the following conversation:

Girls - "Hey! So uh, what's going on right now, are there any parties going on or anything?"
Me - "Oh uh, no, not that I know of."
Girls - "Oh. Well, what are you doing, what are you going to do right now?"
Me - "Oh me? I'm going to go home and just go to bed I guess"
Girls - "Oh. . .well. . .I guess maybe we'll see you around sometime?"
Me - "Yeah, maybe!"
Girls - "uh, ok bye"
Me - "Later!"

I didn't think anything of it and went home and crawled into bed, thinking to myself "drat, those girls were hot, I shou. . .OH loving GODAMMIT"

Yeah, I did poo poo like that a LOT in college.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
lol i could max out post lengths on this one OP but I wont

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I can't really go to any establishment with cups or glasses because my hands are super tiny and I'm made fun of when I pick up my drink.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
man if i had the time i would write so many stoires of people at the bar, like for example this one guy couldnt even do second position properly his turn out was just awful and dont get me started on his tendu

Suck a Dick No Homo
Apr 22, 2008
Me and a buddy went to a famous lesbian bar in SF not realizing what it was and they refused to serve us and AS A WHITE MAN I KNOW OPPRESSION

GargleBlaster
Mar 17, 2008

Stupid Narutard
I like quiet, "old men" pubs. So really the only remotely interesting thing I witness is overhearing some grumpy old racist in the corner moaning on about all the foreigners coming here claiming benefits and stealing our jobs etc

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005
One time I was watching ncaa tournament basketball with my alcoholic gay friend at a crowded bar and he got mad and threw a shotglass against the wall and it exploded. The bouncer came over and said he had to kick him out. I pulled the guy aside and told him that my friend was mentally retarded and that I was sure there were laws and stuff about kicking handicapped people out of bars for doing handicapped things. My friend overheard me and started acting a little retarded and apparently i convinced the guy because he let us stay but said i needed keep a closer eye on him. We got to watch the rest of the basketball game but he had to keep acting kinda retarded for another hour and a half.

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010
One time at a bar I lost a bet with a pool hustler, named Boyd "Buck" Higgins , and unable to pay my debt off, soon found myself, Rodney and Steve being threatened with serious harm. Steve loaned me and Rodney the money we needed, but challenged Buck to a double or nothing match ($500). Buck then intentionally broke Steve's glasses, but just as Steve was about to forfeit, Carl and Estelle showed up. Carl threatened to arrest Buck unless he (and Estelle, who takes one shot) stepped in for Steve. He and Estelle won and I thanked Carl for showing up. Meanwhile, Judy is on her way to getting a D in English and must write a book report about "Swiss Family Robinson" after she doesn't read the book.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I like to get drunk enough that I do not recall anything that happened while being drunl

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
op i saw your mom and she asked me to put my finger in her butt but i told her my butt is far poopier and so she put hers in my butt instead

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

op i saw your mom and she asked me to put my finger in her butt but i told her my butt is far poopier and so she put hers in my butt instead

lol

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

This is a good story and I would have done the same thing

Kazvall posted:

I can't really go to any establishment with cups or glasses because my hands are super tiny and I'm made fun of when I pick up my drink.

You can get one of the little glasses they have for shots and drink that like a regular size but I wont lie it is probably going to take longer to get wasted with this

I dont think I could maintain the retarded act for that long so much respect to your friend

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
One time I was at a bar and had drinks with some fries. Then I got a on a plan to Vegas and drank more.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

dad gay. so what posted:

i once had a "moscow mule", pretty frikken tite imho

That sounds like the name of something you could order as a drink so I am not surprised you had a good time at it for the liquor involved

heffsay
Mar 5, 2013
One time my buddy got kicked out of a bar for taking a poo poo in the men's room.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Sometimes it seems that you eat the bar
sometimes the bar eats you

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

heffsay posted:

One time my buddy got kicked out of a bar for taking a poo poo in the men's room.

There has to be more to it than this

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

The Sphinxster posted:

Sometimes it seems that you eat the bar
sometimes the bar eats you

This thread is about the drinking kind

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

City of Tampa posted:

I went to a strip club where the strippers had to bend down and change the cd in a little boom box on the stage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Luvcow posted:

I went to a strip club where the strippers had to bend down and change the cd in a little boom box on the stage

There's no uh bottoming this.

I went to a place called Roosters in North Portland where the single dancer took as long as she liked to stop playing video poker before noticing any customers had come in. We didn't mind.

• Locked thread