Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Das Boo posted:

Crtl + F tells me no one has mentioned soy sauce.
What is this poo poo.

soy sauce is only for chinese food and bad beef jerkey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
huge tablespoon overloaded with mayonnaise

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Das Boo posted:

What is this poo poo.
soy sauce on its own is a cooking ingredient and not a condiment, sorry

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
frosting

AdolfHitler
Mar 21, 2009
Fecal MAtter

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
Mustard.

Das Boo posted:

What is this poo poo.

Soy sauce is like if a country ham could urinate.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Gochujang, sambal, Fred Meyers brand sriacha mustard, Spicy Sweet Baby Rays.

Festus The Fetus
Mar 8, 2010

The tricky part is keeping your cat from eating it.

The butter not the apples, cats don't eat apples.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Y'all are full of poo poo and not soy sauce.
That is not any way to be.

naem
May 29, 2011

Butter

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
What kinda condiments...

For that dog?

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

psyopmonkey posted:

What kinda condiments...

For that dog?

That dog's form is hosed.

Herostratus
May 1, 2013
Morrocan pickled lemon paste.
For any kind of sandwitch, but especially tuna or goat's cheese.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Tomato sauce

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

a hole-y ghost posted:

soy sauce on its own is a cooking ingredient and not a condiment, sorry

someone has never had sushi

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Sokrateez posted:

someone has never had sushi

Uhh if you're eating soy sauce with sushi you're doing it incredibly wrong, you're supposed to be using Unagi. I know a Vietnamese girl who would be appalled to see someone eating soy sauce with sushi.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

a bone to pick posted:

Uhh if you're eating soy sauce with sushi you're doing it incredibly wrong, you're supposed to be using Unagi. I know a Vietnamese girl who would be appalled to see someone eating soy sauce with sushi.

Is she hot?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
She is incredibly hot but she's not single yet, I'll let you know.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I don't think you can really pick a best condiment OP. You could maybe suggest the most versatile condiment or the one that goes with the style of food you like most, but best depends entirely on what you're trying to put it on.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

a bone to pick posted:

You don't seem to have any idea of what you are talking about. While people do use unagi sauce (and the sauce part is important unagi by itself literally just means eel), it is basically a soy sauce variant and people totally eat sushi with regular soy sauce. The mistake a lot of americans make is with non rolled sushi (like nigiri) you're supposed to pick up the piece of fish and dunk that in your sauce then put it back on the rice to eat together rather than dunking the whole thing but absolutely no one would think you were weird for using soy sauce as your dipping sauce.

Rond
Mar 2, 2015
Mustard

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

pickles

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

You don't seem to have any idea of what you are talking about. While people do use unagi sauce (and the sauce part is important unagi by itself literally just means eel), it is basically a soy sauce variant and people totally eat sushi with regular soy sauce. The mistake a lot of americans make is with non rolled sushi (like nigiri) you're supposed to pick up the piece of fish and dunk that in your sauce then put it back on the rice to eat together rather than dunking the whole thing but absolutely no one would think you were weird for using soy sauce as your dipping sauce.

Sorry but I'm not going to take some fat goon's advice in a condiment thread over an irl Asian woman getting pissed at me for eating sushi with soy sauce.

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

a bone to pick posted:

Sorry but I'm not going to take some fat goon's advice in a condiment thread over an irl Asian woman getting pissed at me for eating sushi with soy sauce.

Sorry, but your friend is Vietnamese, no matter how hot she is, her opinion on sushi is as valid as a Canadian's opinion on proper Mexican food.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

So much for me thinking you're a good poster

rgocs posted:

Sorry, but your friend is Vietnamese, no matter how hot she is, her opinion on sushi is as valid as a Canadian's opinion on proper Mexican food.

Chipotles is pretty good imo

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

Whiskey Sours posted:

Chipotles is pretty good imo

I like Chipotle, it's alright as far as foreign Mexican food goes.

And I guess if you were a hot Canadian girl I'd likely listen at all you have to say about Mexican food until you say something like "you shouldn't put salsa on tacos".

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

italian salad dressing

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

psyopmonkey posted:

What kinda condiments...

For that dog?
curry ketchup

its ketchup with curry powder in it
those germans got it figured out

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Curry ketchup is super good.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

rgocs posted:

Also, gently caress the food police.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

a bone to pick posted:

The funny part about this is my girlfriend is from taiwan and absolutely demolishes sushi with soy sauce. Taiwan is also notably closer to japan than vietnam and she has been the several times because it's a common vacation spot for taiwanese people.

You just straight up don't know what you're talking about and are just being a typical annoying american interjecting about culture they've passingly heard about as if they're experts. "No you're suppose to use chopsticks this way" *shoves up nose*

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Like yeah you can use unagi sauce for sushi but it's not the one and only true way.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

the official website for kikkoman soy sauce says use it on sashimi (like trout)

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

ArbitraryC posted:

my girlfriend
you flushed any credibility of what you were about to say right down the toilet

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

numberoneposter posted:

the official website for kikkoman soy sauce says use it on sashimi (like trout)

For reference sashimi is one of the three common kinds of sushi, there are the rolls, the ones where it's a piece of fish on a chunk of rice, and where it's just plain old raw sliced fish. Sashimi is the third of those.

Unagi sauce is basically made by adding sugar and sweet wine to soy sauce then reducing it.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
I hear the sound of replica katanas being unsheathed.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

anybody who says Sriracha is most likely autistic

the real answer is a combination of every other condiment

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
love

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

For reference sashimi is one of the three common kinds of sushi, there are the rolls, the ones where it's a piece of fish on a chunk of rice, and where it's just plain old raw sliced fish. Sashimi is the third of those.

Unagi sauce is basically made by adding sugar and sweet wine to soy sauce then reducing it.
i know that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

a bone to pick posted:

unagi sauce is good, but lots of people just use soy sauce.

source: a Vietnamese/Lao girl (my wife) and her family

• Locked thread