Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

sambal oelek

discuss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

SPACE HOMOS posted:

pepper.... JK!! crush red pepper!

at first I thought I liked chili peppers, but then, I ate a crushed chili pepper

crushed pepper best pepper

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

drat... a contender arrives

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Otacon posted:

there are a lot of good condiments in this thread, including guac and a1 and ketchup but the one that is the best was already posted on page 1, only they added an unnecessary addition:

the answer is plain old HUY FONG TUONG OT SRIRACHA

every goon should have a bottle of Desk Sriracha sitting on their desk waiting to be added to any and all foods eaten in front of your keyboard

sriracha is a pretty good general use condiment, my replacement for ketchup tbh. I never liked ketchup, too sweet, but sriracha fills the role nicely

sambal oelek though goddamn that's just like some next level poo poo. It's not quite as versatile as the 'rach but in soups and sauces WOWOWOW

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

rear end cobra posted:

Ketchup is really good on hot dog. Lots and lots of ketchup on that dog.

Alternatively, try sriracha!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Just out for some pho today, can confirm that sambal is the best condiment

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Justin Credible posted:

The best condiment is actually no condiment and having a palate and being able to appreciate the flavors of food and season it to an appropriate level with salt, pepper and maybe an applicable spice or two. Not slather everything in sauce because you literally do not know what real food tastes like.

lol

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Justin Credible posted:

The best condiment is actually no condiment and having a palate and being able to appreciate the flavors of food and season it to an appropriate level with salt, pepper and maybe an applicable spice or two. Not slather everything in sauce because you literally do not know what real food tastes like.

https://youtu.be/51eeRc-y1iE?t=46

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

thathonkey posted:

for pho, ban mis, and many other asian dishes: it's sriracha or the garlic chili sauce if you don't like heat

uh or maybe sambal oelek if you don't want to splash spicy ketchup in your soup

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

thathonkey posted:

sorry that's what i meant by garlic chili sauce are they two diff things?

i'm awarding you props for being cool and edgy enough to dislike sriracha though dont worry

oh word. I was thrown off by the "if you don't like heat" cause it's hotter by volume than sriracha

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

a hole-y ghost posted:

soy sauce on its own is a cooking ingredient and not a condiment, sorry

someone has never had sushi

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

a bone to pick posted:

Uhh if you're eating soy sauce with sushi you're doing it incredibly wrong, you're supposed to be using Unagi. I know a Vietnamese girl who would be appalled to see someone eating soy sauce with sushi.

unagi sauce is good, but lots of people just use soy sauce.

source: a Vietnamese/Lao girl (my wife) and her family

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Made some flatbread pizzas today with a pesto base and some bacon n feta, dropped a spoonful of sambal on top, and drat that was literally the perfect condiment once again

another point for sambal oelek

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Dunk it all in soy sauce

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

:eyepop:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

naem posted:

Tree juice

ahem, tree sauce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

fried up some some sausages with some broccoli and onion, then garnished it afterward with sambal

I briefly considered spicy mustard but lol it was right next to the sambal oelek so my muscle memory just took over and grabbed that

sambal owns

• Locked thread