Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
One thing I like about tumblr is all the tumbles where half the posts are feminist critical theory musings and memes and the other half are a fat chick getting nailed up the rear end by a dude she calls daddy with the faces all blurred out. Yum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

wiffle ball bat posted:

One thing I like about tumblr is all the tumbles where half the posts are feminist critical theory musings and memes and the other half are a fat chick getting nailed up the rear end by a dude she calls daddy with the faces all blurred out. Yum.

Those are empowering because the girl is fat :eng101:

See, the problem isn't that women are objectified, it's that women are objectified based on physical criteria like "whether they are attractive" as opposed to, say, their current mood and disposition

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I hate fat people and feminism allows me to do this because it encourages personal standards of beauty.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Top City Homo posted:

males and females are all underprivileged under capitalism

hth

Would full communism make the all the denizens of the internet disappear?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Here are some good feminists:

Twisty Faster
Brianna Wu
Hermione
me

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Here are other good feminists:

Laurie Penny
All of the My Little Ponys
the girl who sat behind me in math class
Josh Macintosh
Professor Umbridge
Hillaryr Clinton

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
IT HAPPENED TO ME: I Defended Kim Kardashian from a Fat-Shaming Meme on Facebook And Almost Lost My Best Friend of 20+ Years

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Yes, it's true, once you have power you don't really want to share it.

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

misandry isnt real

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Can we talk about dune again instead of this dumb bullshit?

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

loquacius posted:

Those are empowering because the girl is fat :eng101:

See, the problem isn't that women are objectified, it's that women are objectified based on physical criteria like "whether they are attractive" as opposed to, say, their current mood and disposition

I didnt know that objects could have moods and dispositions, I am learning a lot today!

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

ArmZ posted:

If I wanted to listen to Dune in audio book form, is that a good idea or is it better to read it?

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
Feminism is good and all but the people who talk about it all the time are usually creepy virtue signaling morons looking for a fight. Not a real cool fight with fists and flying knees and stuf but a barrage of withering one liners and poorly understood academic jargon. You see these ppl irl all the time, they're called basic white ppl in their early 20s.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Ahundredbux posted:

If I wanted to listen to Dune in audio book form, is that a good idea or is it better to read it?

read the first two and audio book the third. ignore the rest.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

ArmZ posted:

read the first two and audio book the third. ignore the rest.

Ok so here's the thing, I like to play audio books while playing Doom would it still not be advisable with Dune ?

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Ahundredbux posted:

Ok so here's the thing, I like to play audio books while playing Doom would it still not be advisable with Dune ?

Which Doom ?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I am down with Feminism, but the thing is that God decreed that the major portion of life's suffering would fall on women and there is nothing that can be done to change that.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Roy posted:

Can dogs be feminists?

The Buddha walked by a dog. He asked out loud, "Does a dog have feminist nature?"

"Woof!" barked the dog. The Buddha smiled and walked along.

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010

ArmZ posted:

I really liked that silly Dune re-dub thing from 8 years ago. Here's the video i am referring to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B6jgkcANRE

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

wiffle ball bat posted:

Feminism is good and all but the people who talk about it all the time are usually creepy virtue signaling morons looking for a fight. Not a real cool fight with fists and flying knees and stuf but a barrage of withering one liners and poorly understood academic jargon. You see these ppl irl all the time, they're called basic white ppl in their early 20s.
I guess this just conflicts so much with my personal experience that I have a hard time not assuming that you say/believe really dumb things if feminists are picking fights with you with any regularity (or really at all) irl. If you were talking about tweets then sure but where are you getting harassed over these issues in the real world.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
Question for the men itt: how many women of average build do u think u could take in a street fight? My upper limit is probably 3 if the all attack at once

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Decebal posted:

Which Doom ?

Mostly Doom 2 but also sometimes hexen

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Pththya-lyi posted:

Oooh, okay

I getcha

But I notice that most executive officers and board members are men, especially at the most profitable companies. So I wonder if some groups aren't more hosed over by capitalism than others

Hm yes 0.01% of men are winners in capitalism and only 0.005% of women are, so clearly the solution is to make it so 0.0075% of each gender are winners

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

we just don't know

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
look around you

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

ArbitraryC posted:

I guess this just conflicts so much with my personal experience that I have a hard time not assuming that you say/believe really dumb things if feminists are picking fights with you with any regularity (or really at all) irl. If you were talking about tweets then sure but where are you getting harassed over these issues in the real world.

Here it is right here. You're an obnoxious white idiot boyman in your 20s and you're suggesting that the ability to internalize and regurgitate feminist jargon is an intellectual achievement instead of the basic ability of anyone who went to college even a little bit. It's actually less mentally taxing than say learning to play magic: the gathering or how to knit a scarf, it's a very low barrier for "smart" or "morally correct" and you shouldn't feel like you've accomplished anything of note imo.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
man it sure is hard applying basic human values to this other gender

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
Why that chick so quizzical tho

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

wiffle ball bat posted:

Here it is right here. You're an obnoxious white idiot boyman in your 20s and you're suggesting that the ability to internalize and regurgitate feminist jargon is an intellectual achievement instead of the basic ability of anyone who went to college even a little bit. It's actually less mentally taxing than say learning to play magic: the gathering or how to knit a scarf, it's a very low barrier for "smart" or "morally correct" and you shouldn't feel like you've accomplished anything of note imo.

Source your quotes

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I like reading about feminism, it's fun and exciting to me, also I love to read EULAs

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Lowtax posted:

I like reading about feminism, it's fun and exciting to me, also I love to read EULAs

i bet ur real fun @ parties nerd

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

wiffle ball bat posted:

:holymoley:

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Ahundredbux posted:

i bet ur real fun @ parties nerd
I dont have anny friends, I use the internet Mostly

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
He is very snobbish about EULAs on top of it.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

wiffle ball bat posted:

Why that chick so quizzical tho

Are you saying women are stupid, woah rude

Or are you saying women are not allowed to be stupid even if they want to be ???

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Since, in our societies, a gendered division of labor still predominates which confers a male twist on basic liberal categories (autonomy, public activity, competition) and relegates women to the private sector of family solidarity, liberalism itself, in its opposition to private and public, harbors male dominance. Furthermore, it is only modern Western capital culture for which autonomy and individual freedom stand higher than collective solidarity, connection, responsibility for dependent others, the duty to respect the customs of one's community. Liberalism itself thus privileges a certain culture: the modern Western one.

Therein resides the fundamental systemic violence of capitalism, much more uncanny than direct pre-capitalist socio-ideological violence: its violence is no longer attributable to concrete individuals with their 'evil' intentions, but is purely 'objective,' systemic, anonymous--quite literally a conceptual violence, the violence of a Concept whose self-deployment rules and regulates social realty

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

Ahundredbux posted:

Are you saying women are stupid, woah rude

Or are you saying women are not allowed to be stupid even if they want to be ???

Im saying chix have fleas and worm breath and their moms puke in their mouths and they should stfu about equal pay and rape culture until they stop pooping on my beamer

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

Moridin920 posted:

Since, in our societies, a gendered division of labor still predominates which confers a male twist on basic liberal categories (autonomy, public activity, competition) and relegates women to the private sector of family solidarity, liberalism itself, in its opposition to private and public, harbors male dominance. Furthermore, it is only modern Western capital culture for which autonomy and individual freedom stand higher than collective solidarity, connection, responsibility for dependent others, the duty to respect the customs of one's community. Liberalism itself thus privileges a certain culture: the modern Western one.

Therein resides the fundamental systemic violence of capitalism, much more uncanny than direct pre-capitalist socio-ideological violence: its violence is no longer attributable to concrete individuals with their 'evil' intentions, but is purely 'objective,' systemic, anonymous--quite literally a conceptual violence, the violence of a Concept whose self-deployment rules and regulates social realty

are you testing the limits of txt spam acceptability in gbs 3.0 because ur on a roll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

kindermord posted:

are you testing the limits of txt spam acceptability in gbs 3.0 because ur on a roll

Whatever do you mean?

*sniff*

• Locked thread