Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Uncle Wemus posted:

Is it possible to inform women they are wrong without it being "mansplaining"?

Yes, but you don't use words. You just kind of chuckle condescendingly when they start complaining about whatever it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Troutful posted:

it's a mistake to reject someone's ideology just because you have a problem with their personality.

Actually, it is not. Ideology is just a smokescreen people use to advance the cause of their dumb bad personalities. Therefore, only ideological arguments advanced by people with good personalities should be considered.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

memy posted:

I think that people shouldn't try to have meaningful political dialogue on twitter

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it

Twitter is so bad for discussion

It's p good for bon mots tho

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
lips that touch liquor shall not touch ours

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Maoist Pussy posted:

Actually, it is not. Ideology is just a smokescreen people use to advance the cause of their dumb bad personalities. Therefore, only ideological arguments advanced by people with good personalities should be considered.

Wow. That's a surprisingly good observation.
Surprising because it's nontraditional, but still resonates with my experience.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
It's social-connectedness which determines whether a person is happy or unhappy.

All this other poo poo is just missing the point, imo.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Maoist Pussy posted:

...Huh. That's a pretty good observation.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

The Whole Internet posted:

idk the feminism that says women should have the same rights as men, like voting and having jobs and getting college degrees, and having access to birth control and abortion and stuff, and being able to go out at night without worrying about being assaulted... that was good stuff and i'm fully on board with that.

the feminism that says all sex that wasn't preceded with complex consent forms notarized by a lawyer is rape, or that misandry isn't a thing, or that if you have privilege you can't have opinions on things, or that all body types are beautiful and you should stop erasing my demigender arospec theta-omnisexual identity.... that feminism doesn't really do it for me. gonna say it's not really my cup of tea.

hth

actually abortino is murder ... :eng101:

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

Because feminists are so fat they probably ate it all already.

Instead of worrying about gender roles, they should be worrying about fat rolls! :D

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

gently caress the ROW posted:

and murder is good

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

SHISHKABOB posted:

Mansplaining is simply a particular case of one person explaining to another person "how they should be feeling" but they do not share the same experiences or perspectives, but they disregard that and move on with the implicit assumption that their experiences and perspectives perfectly explain the situation.

That's a good definition of a real phenomenon. If only you had fought harder to defend its appropriate use by criticising the people within the movement who overapplied it, then it might still be an accurate working definition. But trying to do that would likely have seen you ostracised for being anti-feminist or at the very least accused of 'misplacing your ire'.

Like it or not modern feminism is what you see in blogs and click-bait, twitter and tumblr. That is where the majority of dialogue and education takes place. Few will ever go on to read more intellectual sources before ditching the learning role to take on the fighting the patriarchy and educating the ignorant role. The active ideology in practice is what pretty much everyone in this thread is criticising, not the basic desire to improve women's rights, or the efforts of more legitimate activists.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
maybe your period cramps are actually internalized misogyny did you ever loving think of that

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Applewhite posted:

One of the other issues with feminism is that the female half of the Incel community hides under the umbrella of feminism and leech off the legitimacy of more moderate feminists to make their message heard.

would you like to know more?

*clicks YES furiously*

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

and murder is good

murderino*

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
The greatest trick feminists ever pulled was convincing the world that Undertale was a good game

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
when EVERY taint is reaped...

NO taint will be

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
dont let weird Internet people on tumblr or Twitter dictate your personal politics and you will be a much happier and balanced person

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

gently caress the ROW posted:

I would like a caramel abortino please

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIpFQPPElls

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

capitalism is also a complete and utter failure yet people keep trying it

in many ways it really is like a macrocosm of the lottery

some people (idiots) love to gamble and we decided to put them in charge of the economy

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Top City Homo posted:

some people (idiots) love to gamble and we decided to put them in charge of the economy

"hm but maybe one day I could be rich also?" - every drooling idiot who would not murder his congressmen if he had the chance

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
violence is the single most legitimate form of political action. stop voting and start shooting the people who act against your best interests.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

violence is the single most legitimate form of political action. stop voting and start shooting the people who act against your best interests.

this guy gets it

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
I like all the goons in this thread whose opinions on feminism and women are 100% identical to redpill slogans, blurfed out with zero prompting, coated in a weak, extremely unconvincing layer of 'irony,' fedora-powered deep philosophy and what almost sort of sounds like experience with actual women

Really, you are the stars in the sky of my retarded, obese, neckbearded night

Troutful
May 31, 2011

Maoist Pussy posted:

Man I didn't want to engage with you because you're one of my favorite trolls, BUT I feel compelled to point out for the sake of other posters who are apparently buying into this crap that this is the same argument people have been using to oppress gay people, black people, etc. for ages. "Oh these people are weird/rude/unlikable, better ignore their politics" "wow, why are these people so weird and unlikable and rude for no reason"

lite frisk
Oct 5, 2013

Sounds good, you go first.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Women and men should be equal.

"Unrealistic. Instead, murder your perceived enemies with guns."

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Tujague posted:

I like all the goons in this thread whose opinions on feminism and women are 100% identical to redpill slogans, blurfed out with zero prompting, coated in a weak, extremely unconvincing layer of 'irony,' fedora-powered deep philosophy and what almost sort of sounds like experience with actual women

Really, you are the stars in the sky of my retarded, obese, neckbearded night

Here's a quote i got from the redpill:
your a fag

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

lite frisk posted:

Sounds good, you go first.

I only have one match, I'm not going to strike it when there's no kindling

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Until we all care, no one will.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Agag posted:

Women and men should be equal.

"Unrealistic. Instead, murder your perceived enemies with guns."

huh? :confused: people who are abjectly opposed to feminism should be murdered what's wrong with that

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
man this thread is really winning hearts and minds I like to think!

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

man this thread is really winning hearts and minds I like to think!

*shoots you*

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

huh? :confused: people who are abjectly opposed to feminism should be murdered what's wrong with that

Agag is the guy who would use racist and sexist slurs "ironically" while calling other posters bigoted

You're better off not responding to him

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
if you are opposed to:

feminism
social egalitarianism
compulsory education
science
corporatist economics
evidence-based, utilitarian public policy
a strong and highly mobile interventionist military that works aggressively to further all of the above
a highly-centralised continuity of government

then step away from the political apparatus or die, imo

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Agag posted:

*shoots you*

that's the spirit

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

memy posted:

Agag is the guy who would use racist and sexist slurs "ironically" while calling other posters bigoted

You're better off not responding to him

*shoots you also*

"I am doing politics."

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Agag posted:

*shoots you also*

"I am doing politics."

Yes you are, you shining star you

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Ok, women should be in more positions of power, I agree, but when I'm sneered at while shopping for groceries due to my lackadaisical demeanor and 6'4 frame how is that any different from misandry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

down n out posted:

Ok, women should be in more positions of power, I agree, but when I'm sneered at while shopping for groceries due to my lackadaisical demeanor and 6'4 frame how is that any different from misandry?

Please don't rape any female shoppers.

• Locked thread