Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Pekinduck posted:

Why are paychecks even still a thing. I get paid via direct deposit, I never have to do anything the money just appears in my account. It has to be far easier and cheaper for everyone involved.

payroll processors usually charge employers fees for direct deposit services. some employers are cheap and would rather do a check

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Pekinduck posted:

Why are paychecks even still a thing. I get paid via direct deposit, I never have to do anything the money just appears in my account. It has to be far easier and cheaper for everyone involved.

Agreed. Until this thread, I didn't realize people out there were still cutting paper checks.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Tuxedo Gin posted:

payroll processors usually charge employers fees for direct deposit services. some employers are cheap and would rather do a check

it's pretty goddamn stupid how in tyool 2015 it's cheaper to print and issue paper checks vs doing an electronic transfer. of course, this is the same country where doing a person to person wire transfer still requires a pile of paperwork, has a non-trivial fee and takes multiple days for some reason.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Getting a check via paper is sign of poverty and is really sad:( Its like an extra tax for being poor.

Sure seems like it does.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Jastiger posted:

Sure seems like it does.

it exists solely to gently caress poor people hth

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

The_Franz posted:

it's pretty goddamn stupid how in tyool 2015 it's cheaper to print and issue paper checks vs doing an electronic transfer. of course, this is the same country where doing a person to person wire transfer still requires a pile of paperwork, has a non-trivial fee and takes multiple days for some reason.

just like how my local utility would rather i mail a check than pay online, since they charge $7.50 for electronic credit/debit payments

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Tuxedo Gin posted:

just like how my local utility would rather i mail a check than pay online, since they charge $7.50 for electronic credit/debit payments

Yeah what the gently caress is with this poo poo?

So they'd rather have to hire someone who processes checks than just take the thing electronically?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Melmac posted:

Yeah what the gently caress is with this poo poo?

So they'd rather have to hire someone who processes checks than just take the thing electronically?

Whatever bank or payment processor they use probably charges fees for electronic transfers but not for checks. When you have thousands of customers it's probably cheaper to pay a couple of mail room schlubs minimum wage to open envelopes than pay the fees on electronic transfers.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

execute the whole finance industry. spare noone.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

nomadologique posted:

holy poo poo, it's legal to write a clause that prevents your customers from grouping up in a class action suit?

this country is wild :911:

Legal and increasingly common. It's super lame.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

why do black people love DBZ so much?

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

EugeneJ posted:

Will this spark an uprising?

hahahahahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHHAAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

We're going to pretend 90s rappers weren't dressing like Gohan.

• Locked thread