Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, the day is finally upon us.

Will Trey Gowdy continue to have the worst month of his life?

Will Hillary Clinton add to the Hillary Clinton Bodycount?

Let's find out!

Starts at 10 am

Lasts until ????? (they're saying 6-8 hours? jesus christ)

Live stream link:
http://www.nbcnews.com/video/watch-live-hillary-clinton-testifies-to-house-benghazi-committee-322519619939
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABFWjZxCAAg Youtube stream
http://www.c-span.org/video/?328699-1/hillary-clinton-testimony-house-select-committee-benghazi&live CSPAN Feed
http://www.c-span.org/video/?328699-1/hillary-clinton-testimony-house-select-committee-benghazi&airingid=60812771 Hillary Cam

WhiskeyJuvenile fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Oct 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Anyone seen those '200 emails' they were going to leak this morning? Anything interesting in them? Recipies?

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
C-Span also has a live-stream. (The NBC link in the OP wouldn't load for me.)

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

http://www.c-span.org/video/?328699-1/hillary-clinton-testimony-house-select-committee-benghazi&live CSPAN Feed
http://www.c-span.org/video/?328699-1/hillary-clinton-testimony-house-select-committee-benghazi&airingid=60812771 Hillary Cam

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
This Hillary Cam is crazy, she's made of iron just sitting still listening to this bullshit

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Gowdy said this is the first committee to request Chris Stevens emails

This is a lie.

So we are already off to our usual start of bullshit and it is only 9 minutes in

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Regardless of Gowdy's insistence, 75% of Americans think this committee is a political stunt.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Every time the word "email" is said, take an eye dropper and drink one drop of non-alcoholic beer.

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

Trey Gowdy kinda looks like a fish, hey.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cummings gonna break it down now

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
The ghost of James Trafficant needs to make an appearance.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Cummings gonna break it down now

He needs to bang on McCarthy more imo.

never mind!

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
LOL that nod holy poo poo.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
i think i detected the slightest nod on hillary when cummings said "because you're running for president"

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Why is Cummings on this committee if he was just going to start blasting it?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

He needs to bang on McCarthy more imo.

he's just getting to it now

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CortezFantastic posted:

Because you have to have Ds and Rs on a committee

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

CortezFantastic posted:

This is why. This is why.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Reminder that regardless of the outcome and content of this hearing, the media is going to cover it like the GOP has a good faith interest in solving this issue.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

drat, Cummings is killing it.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
LOL Gowdy's flop sweat is incredible.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

i'm the guy cheesing behind hillary

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

That right there is a great pose by Hillary.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lol at Shelia Jackson Lee sitting right where the camera will show her best.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Base Camp Blanket posted:

Every time the word "email" is said, take an eye dropper and drink one drop of non-alcoholic beer.
"non-alcoholic beer" can still have up to 0.5% alcohol by volume. Your method will still result in alcohol poisoning.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
youtube comments getting good

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
So who expects the fact that Gowdey was trying to pretend some CIA desk jockey was a super secret super agent to clown Hillary will be brought up?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Just listening to the opening statement now by Gowdy

this is a disgusting farce and everyone involved should feel terrible about themselves

I hope they feel good slinging poo poo at Hillary from atop the corpses of people who died there

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Maybe they'll just switch narratives halfway through and start grilling her over Vince Foster and Cattle Futures.

EDIT: Awesome. She's turning this farce into a campaign speech.

Crain fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Oct 22, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I guess Hillary is going to let the D committee members take the "this is a political farce" angle and just be the devoted public servant humbly answering questions

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

1) gently caress you Gowdy. This whole thing deserves nothing but Short Shrift you ratfuck.

2) gently caress you Roshkam. Yeah she's got notes because you fucks dumped 900+ documents on her on monday.

3) Is someone turning her mic off? That's twice in like 30 seconds.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012

zoux posted:

I guess Hillary is going to let the D committee members take the "this is a political farce" angle and just be the devoted public servant humbly answering questions

That's probably the right tack to take - if she attacks the committee without one of the members loving up first, she won't win the media narrative on it. Like someone said upthread, this is going to be reported as a good faith effort until someone breaks the narrative. (Assumedly someone won't be able to help themselves.)

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012

Crain posted:

1) gently caress you Gowdy. This whole thing deserves nothing but Short Shrift you ratfuck.

2) gently caress you Roshkam. Yeah she's got notes because you fucks dumped 900+ documents on her on monday.

3) Is someone turning her mic off? That's twice in like 30 seconds.

I think it's pretty common for the microphone to be off outside of specifically answering - wouldn't want to get caught saying something incriminating on a hot mic, especially when the lawyer whispers instruction if he does.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Beforehand posted:

That's probably the right tack to take - if she attacks the committee without one of the members loving up first, she won't win the media narrative on it. Like someone said upthread, this is going to be reported as a good faith effort until someone breaks the narrative. (Assumedly someone won't be able to help themselves.)

The person that said that up thread sounds extremely wise.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

HOLY poo poo ROSKAM!? The gently caress!?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
What is this, 7th grade? Yes, she can pass notes, jesus.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012

zoux posted:

The person that said that up thread sounds extremely wise.

LOL my bad. Yes, that.

Also, Congressman Roskam and his bitchy remarks on Hillary having the audacity to have notes are...um...an interesting start.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
I love how polite they are being.

"I didn't cut you off"
"I intend to let you answer"
"I didn't cut you off, nor do I intend to..."
"read your notes..."

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

30.5 Days posted:

What is this, 7th grade? Yes, she can pass notes, jesus.

RIght?

But on second thought: Keep going Roskam, try to clown her on this.

Keep pushing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Launch the Navy Seals! :byodood:

e: What is his angle on this? HRC is the one who decided our military actions and Obama is just a patsy?

• Locked thread