Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Mo_Steel posted:

Launch the Navy Seals! :byodood:

Don't give them any ammo!

Edit: Lol, she persuaded the entire world to do something. I'm still not clear on what she persuaded the world to do, but by god she did it. :clint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

Mo_Steel posted:

e: What is his angle on this? HRC is the one who decided our military actions and Obama is just a patsy?

Well, you see, Hillary is Bad.

e: wait, was that the stupidest try to hide a massive pivot that I've ever seen?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Isn't it true that in your job as the US's chief diplomat, you did diplomacy?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mo_Steel posted:

e: What is his angle on this? HRC is the one who decided our military actions and Obama is just a patsy?

He's trying to establish that Hillary is the sole author of our Libya policy and therefore everything that happened is ultimately her responsibility

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

I like how "We totes won't interrupt you, pinkie swear, no seriously we won't" got tossed out the window by the very next speaker.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
How the gently caress does somebody like Gowdy get elected to anything?
His very appearance screams :evil:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

He's trying to establish that Hillary is the sole author of our Libya policy and therefore everything that happened is ultimately her responsibility

Oh, so he's insane then, got it.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Mo_Steel posted:

No, just dishonest as gently caress and a ratfink.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Mo_Steel posted:

He's just trying to set the narrative for the GOP spin machine to run with after this is over.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mo_Steel posted:

No he's trying to do this 3d psych chess where Hillary goes "Oh why thank you for complimenting me Congressman everything you said is true" and he goes "Ahhhhhh HA madam!"

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
4 Pinocchios!

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Yeah Cummings!

Use Issa against them.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Holy poo poo. Hearings now include clips of Fox news as evidence.
loving perfect.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Pohl posted:

Holy poo poo. Hearings now include clips of Fox news as evidence.
loving perfect.

Its not like one of their most used 'CIA Sources' just got arrested for faking being a CIA employee or anything.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Anyone go 'Madame Secretary, why do you hate America so much?' yet from the Repub side?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

happyhippy posted:

Anyone go 'Madame Secretary, why do you hate America so much?' yet from the Repub side?

Not yet, but apparently looking at notes is loving illegal now. Or at least akin to taking a poo poo on the desk.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Only the one Republican's actually given questions so far, and they mostly centered around "admit that you were in charge and therefore personally responsible for this!!!"

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

happyhippy posted:

Heh, you noob. They are still on step one of their 13 dimensional chess game.

If you check your provided material, that will be introduced in about 30 minutes.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mo_Steel posted:

Obama isn't running for office anymore, so yes, as far as the Republicans are concerned they want to dump this all on Hillary.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

And here come the props.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Piles of email!

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

happyhippy posted:

I know this is a joke, but implicit in every Repub statement so far is the accusation that Hillary wanted everyone in that embassy dead. They haven't at all tried to argue that Hillary was merely incompetent.

Of course, given any basic knowledge of conservative media we already know the primary meme is that Hillary orchestrated the attack, but it's surprising to see it so out in the open at this hearing.

e: EMAILS

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Big piles of paper!

Clinton is in trouble now.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Only the one Republican's actually given questions so far, and they mostly centered around "admit that you were in charge and therefore personally responsible for this!!!"

Only 5-7 hours to go!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ugh hear all those cameras go off as the media eats up the easy visual presented to them.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Dirt posted:

Big piles of paper!

Clinton is in trouble now.

The circus begins. When are they going to ask her to try on the bloody glove??

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Soooo, her point is "When Benghazi was new you were talking about it lots but later on you talked about it less."?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

Ugh hear all those cameras go off as the media eats up the easy visual presented to them.

No one is going to givce a poo poo about piles of paper no matter what they represent. There's not enough time in the day to explain that to anyone not us :shrug:

Like I get what she's trying, but she needs better props. Maybe little coffins.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Crain posted:

Soooo, her point is "When Benghazi was new you were talking about it lots but later on you talked about it less."?

B-b-b-ut that pile of paper is BIGGER than that other pile of paper!

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

zoux posted:

Reminder that regardless of the outcome and content of this hearing, the media is going to cover it like the GOP has a good faith interest in solving this issue.
what issue is there to be solved at all?

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

a helpful bear posted:

I'm more interested in how long Clinton lasts before she takes off her fake Grandma head and begins to eat Republican souls.
Let out the demon, Hillary.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

zoux posted:

Yes, yet Chaffetz planned parenthood "chart" gets almost zero coverage on the major networks outside of MSNBC.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

a helpful bear posted:

Well....except OJ was likely guilty.

Kro-Bar posted:

B-b-b-ut that pile of paper is BIGGER than that other pile of paper!

"Mrs. Clinton? Are you passing NOTES?! During a TEST?! Automatic F!"

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

If I think I'm doing my life wrong, all I have to do is watch this; drinking beer at 8 am, and sympathize with the staffer in the background.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Quit patting the stack of papers. Stop it.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, I knew it was a bad analogy when I wrote it, but I couldn't think of something more appropriate. I didn't mean to imply she's guilty.

Definitely waiting for this to heat up and see the Hillmonster fire off iceburns.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

*Chris Stevens starts playing a cassette tape, looks in a mirror as gunfire is heard outside*

HILLARY: We can change the world - and with it, the future. Thank you... my friend.

*Stevens punches the mirror, walks out*

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I bet Clinton literally sees a bunch of actual children throwing a tantrum. That dismissive laugh she gave Roskam when he commented on her notes the second time was wonderful.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

CommieGIR posted:

If the emails don't fit, you must ... keep this shitshow going three years after the fact at the expense of all other governance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

where are the emails Hillary!

• Locked thread