Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

that voice is not real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

YeahTubaMike posted:

what the gently caress is this stupid poo poo, i hate kari

It's the stupid poo poo that happens if you agree to a Maxim photo shoot

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Never watched it, but they purchased 'Tested' which probably meant that the Korean gay dude Norm (?) was required for frequent bouts of unethical anal with the fruity looking beret dude.

He was having his anal grip 'Tested' if you will.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

YeahTubaMike posted:

what the gently caress is this stupid poo poo, i hate kari

Maxim or FHM or whatever it was type magazine did a shot of her and really cocked it up putting clown make up on her.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

bing_commander
Aug 14, 2009

In other news..
car mythbusters is the top shelf stuff. everything else is what a twelve year old would do with access to a bomb range and a bunch of tnt

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

bing_commander posted:

car mythbusters is the top shelf stuff. everything else is what a twelve year old would do with access to a bomb range and a bunch of tnt

Mostly agree but "Square wheels" was a car myth and I think that's their lowest loving point.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

I remember reading something that an intern on the show wrote about how kari, toby, and the asian guy ended up becoming super diva and refusing to do any actual work on the show except occasionally when they were bored and would try to do things but just gently caress it up.

Also jamie has a really bad stutter but you could never tell because the editing guy was so good.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Mostly agree but "Square wheels" was a car myth and I think that's their lowest loving point.

I liked square wheels because you knew exactly what was going to happen and it didn't disappoint. That car just fell apart, and I laughed until I peed.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Also I can't believe they hosed up the mirror thing even after a presidential mandate.

Why aren't these fuckers in Gitmo?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

bing_commander posted:

Kari is a top shelf woman

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

etalian posted:

Kari is a top shelf woman

most supermarkets don't put franzia on the top shelf but w/e

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

I'm not clear on what the myth is here.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

"Cool loving truck wrecks cars" is the myth u drat goofus

naem
May 29, 2011

Anybody remember their attempt to clone Mythbusters called SMASHLAB?

It was all the explosions and cars and stuff from MB but with uninspired paid actors who didn't look like they wanted to be there and no real plot or purpose it was embarrassing.

"What if we smash some cars togethrer, again? Haha woo yeah it's *looks at cue card* Smashlab time!" *awkward pause*

shiftless
May 18, 2005

I thought it was pretty good the whole run. The peak for me was when they were blowing up the water tanks sending them ridiculously sky high just by overpressurizing them.

Does the Discovery channel even have any other watchable shows anymore? Watching gigantic spawn piles of children isn't appealing.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Its prolly one of the movie myths, like "can you actually make a badass hypertruck that can push through a shitload of cars and take no serious damage?"

that gif shows that the answer is yes ofc

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Entropic posted:

It's the stupid poo poo that happens if you agree to a Maxim photo shoot

god drat i know i can't really blame her for that awfulness, but it just perfectly exemplifies everything i dislike about her whole persona

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

shiftless posted:

I thought it was pretty good the whole run. The peak for me was when they were blowing up the water tanks sending them ridiculously sky high just by overpressurizing them.

Does the Discovery channel even have any other watchable shows anymore? Watching gigantic spawn piles of children isn't appealing.

Current Programming (via Wikipedia):

Alaska: The Last Frontier
Alaskan Bush People
Amish Mafia
Buying Alaska
Dual Survival
Cuff Me If You Can
Dirty Jobs
Dude, You're Screwed
Edge of Alaska
Fast N' Loud
FBI: Criminal Pursuit
Gang Wars
Gold Rush
I (Almost) Got Away With It
Lost and Sold
Misfit Garage
Moonshiners
Naked & Afraid
Pot Cops
Treasure Quest: Snake Island
Yukon Men
You Have Been Warned
Deadliest Catch

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

I liked when the asian guy became a corporate shill

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

i like how the last myth kari tested was are women vapid whores? they even proved it true lol

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

i like how the last myth kari tested was are women vapid whores? they even proved it true lol

I remember seeing them test if women with bigger boobs got better tips at the coffee shop

I don't remember who got the most though

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

computer parts posted:

I remember seeing them test if women with bigger boobs got better tips at the coffee shop

I don't remember who got the most though

It turned out that if Kari had comically huge floppy whoppers, she made a hell of a lot more in tips from both men and women.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Bigger tits = bigger tips

The Bible
May 8, 2010

VendaGoat posted:

Bigger tits = bigger tips

I'm glad we finally have clarification on this.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

It turned out that if Kari had comically huge floppy whoppers, she made a hell of a lot more in tips from both men and women.

The women also gave more than men for some reason.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

etalian posted:

The women also gave more than men for some reason.

Everybody likes a huge set of fun bags.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Coxswain Balls posted:

I caught the middle of an episode on TV recently where the whole thing was Adam flying a U2 spy plane, and he was completely flipping out about how excited he was because he was getting to fly in a high-altitude jet, rattling off tech specs and blowing his load when he could see the curvature of the planet, etc.

I didn't even know what the myth was until the end, and it turned out to be "is the U2 spy plane the hardest aircraft to land?" which seemed really stupid and not a myth that anyone's even heard or gives a poo poo about. Congrats on getting to fly exotic aircraft on Discovery's dime, tho.

That episode was beautiful, and I too caught it half-way through, not knowing what the myth even was. But hearing Adam talk about the curvature of Earth brought an actual tear to my eyes. Absolutely breath-taking.

I wonder what I'd have to do to get Discovery to pay for me to fly in a U2.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

what the christ is this square wheels poo poo. how is that a myth?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

jesus christ that nose

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

naem posted:

Anybody remember their attempt to clone Mythbusters called SMASHLAB?

It was all the explosions and cars and stuff from MB but with uninspired paid actors who didn't look like they wanted to be there and no real plot or purpose it was embarrassing.

"What if we smash some cars togethrer, again? Haha woo yeah it's *looks at cue card* Smashlab time!" *awkward pause*

What was that other knock off show with the generic white dude and the other guy with the dreads? Those two had negative personality, every scene they were in they were actively giving off douche chills in a 20 mile radius.

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

what i love about mythbusters is how they remind you of what has happenned, what is happening, and what is going to happen, every 5 minutes, for 2 minutes.

basically the show has about 10 minutes of content but they make it last 60 minutes.

actually that's all american tv. you guys are loving dumb

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Kid CUDA posted:

what i love about mythbusters is how they remind you of what has happenned, what is happening, and what is going to happen, every 5 minutes, for 2 minutes.

basically the show has about 10 minutes of content but they make it last 60 minutes.

actually that's all american tv. you guys are loving dumb

Mythbusters became a thousand times better when I got a DVR.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

zVxTeflon posted:

what the christ is this square wheels poo poo. how is that a myth?

At speed it's just as smooth as round wheel.

loving stupid I know.

They did build a specific road for it though.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Mythbusters got the loving plane on a treadmill poo poo sorted in under an hour of quality programming whilst you idiot goons continue to argue that poo poo at any opportunity.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nutsngum posted:

Mythbusters got the loving plane on a treadmill poo poo sorted in under an hour of quality programming whilst you idiot goons continue to argue that poo poo at any opportunity.

He's right, you know.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

brylcreem posted:

He's right, you know.

Yeah, but they didn't test if a circumcised pit bull piloting it while eating a well done steak would make a difference.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Germstore posted:

Yeah, but they didn't test if a circumcised pit bull piloting it while eating a well done steak would make a difference.

You really need to ketchup on your viewing.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

"Please don't try this at home, I am a professional Russian"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

Was super sad to see someone who played a skeptic on TV salivating over a loving McNugget factory

• Locked thread