Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

SoggyGravy posted:

This >>IS<< Pox Nora no?

No secondary market though :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
I scummed my way up to rank 10 on budget Lyonar and now I'm having a ball playing absolute garbage decks. Apparently there's a hidden matchmaking rank besides your actual rank because my first ten games I got destroyed but now I'm getting matched against people who are clearly doing the same thing, playing wacky garbage. Got some nice friends/chats out of it too.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tin Tim posted:

Is there a good streamer or yt channel that shows ranked play from gold and upwards? Kinda want to break into diamond this season, but since I'm playing for like a week, I still don't know about all the staple ladder decks and what they do to me. So basically I'm just looking for help that goes beyond the usual beginner tutorials and guides to get better

Archon's Firebat recently got into the game and has been streaming some pretty good content that sort of lets you learn along with him.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The daily puzzle thing they added is pure genius. I hadn't started the client in ages (too swamped with other games/stuff) but a cool little puzzle every day? Sign me the gently caress up.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

chumbler posted:

I was faked out.

Ha! Awesome, me too.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

With apologies: boss fights suck, they didn't work in Hearthstone either, bring back daily puzzles.

If I have to choose, then I agree with this.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My main frustration with the bosses so far has been that they serve to rub my nose in the fact my collection is far from complete so it's all well and good trying to think of cool tricks to pull but then not having the cards for it is disappointing.

That and I love love love the puzzles so seeing them go away made me very sad.

So far none of the bosses has been fun/interesting/rewarding enough for me to play them again meaning that now instead of a cool daily thing I have a weekly frustrating thing.

I understand the two changes aren't linked per se but that's how they happened and it made me sad.

e: extra salty about the no diagonal attacks thing that happened as well, cost me some games.

e2: please don't take me wrong though, while sad about the current state of affairs I'm very happy to see you guys innovating & trying new stuff. Just giving my feedback.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

taking away control from the player is the exact opposite of what would change my mind about NPC battles
Wow, holy poo poo, yeah. I like the idea's potential but I'm not digging this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kronikle posted:

We had someone whose job it was to make daily challenges for every day of the week. This was such a time consuming task that it was pretty much his primary responsibility. After several months of running the daily challenges it was determined that they had 0 impact on player retention so the project was scrapped because it wasn't really benefiting the company enough to have an entire team member (from a small team) make them. For what it's worth I really loved the daily challenges too.

For what it's worth they were the main thing getting me to boot up the game as well.

• Locked thread