Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
I'm still pretty new, but it seems like card draw is total poo poo in anything besides super aggro style decks. Drawing two cards per turn and having a hand size of 6 really makes it seem useless. I played some games with the class that has the 2-mana "draw 2" card, and I never even had an opportunity to use it. Am I just using it wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
Am I crazy, or do you get all the cards that you draft in Gauntlet? I can't quite remember my deck, and I opened a few packs afterward, but it looks like I got a bunch of new cards, and a lot of them were in my Gauntlet deck.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Also the graphics and presentation look like from a flash game compared to Hearthstone so there's that.

I'm not sure how you can compare fully animated sprites to static images. I think the graphics are fantastic.

There's definitely some balancing that needs to be done (it is in Beta after all), but overall it's a super fun game that's just different enough from Hearthstone to keep it fresh. The Gauntlet in particular is awesome, and I wish it was open for more than two days a week.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
Are they waiting until release to open the Gauntlet permanently? I usually only have time for a few games per day so trying to shove an entire run into one day is a lesson in futility.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
Hot Tech Tip: If you have a tablet, download Splashtop and stream this game from your PC. It was designed to be played with a touch screen, and it plays much better that way, in my opinion. The only annoying thing is, if you're streaming from a Windows 8+ machine, you have to press and hold for like two seconds to look at a card. Other than that, it's fantastic.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

James Totes posted:

This game's beta state is getting pretty obvious. A lot of cards have really odd power-curve jumps. Keeper of the Vale and Jaxi come out as the most egregious, though a lot of the artifacts also carry that issue.

It just feels...it's fun, but like? Really unrefined and unbalanced, I guess?

It just seems odd that, considering how much more powerful they are than lower rarities, Legendaries aren't restricted to 1 or 2 in a deck. Maybe it's conditioning from Hearthstone, but it just seems like a bad design decision.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
Is there a go-to resource for net decks? It looks like the forums is the main spot, but I just wanted to be sure.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Fal-Cone posted:

I just started playing this and crushed pubbies for 8 games in a row with the Magmar starter deck, but now I'm looking at building something fun.

I got a bunch of Magmar stuff from levelling up, but none of the staples I see people talking about (Flash Reincarnation, some egg stuff, etc). I'm also interested in trying out other factions a bit and unlocking stuff:

If I get my friends to play, do my starting decks level up from that?

Should someone be beating me over the head over doing the single-player stuff since that looks like it might unlock stuff?

They just added a single-player mode where you can level up your decks against the AI.

Also, do all the puzzles. They give you an absurd number of gold, and they're really fun.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

GreyPowerVan posted:

Don't listen to what Ryan says on that guide. Not really anything against him, but... he's pretty wrong. Peppr is better but it's not good either. I suggest you hop into grinch or envy's stream and ask them if you want to DE something (or ask fellow goons)

No offense, but just saying "they're wrong" isn't helping the dude at all. Maybe you can chime in on his specific list, especially after suggesting to ask goons, which is what he's doing.

I'm pretty sure Aegis Barrier is trash and Aspect is good, but I'm not sure about the other one. Vanar doesn't have a lot of AoE clear, which is why Aspect is a pretty decent choice if you're playing a control/slower Vanar variant.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
Remember, you can mouse over enemy units, which will show what squares the unit can naturally attack in red. Once I got into the habit of checking that info, positioning become a lot easier.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
I'm not super experienced at this game, but Mist Dragon Seal did not seem like it needed a nerf at all.

Oh and Dreamgazer is busted. 0 mana 2/2 with "draw a card" seems a bit strong.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Megaflare posted:

I don't think this changes what he's saying.

It does. If the card isn't played when you replace it, it doesn't thin the deck unless you actually cast it, which is really bad for you (a vanilla 2/2 for 2 is trash).

I actually think the current wording makes the card more interesting. If the card was played when replaced, there would be almost no reason to hardcast it unless you were really low on life, since it's thinning your deck and giving you a lower chance of finding another one later in the game. In its current state, you'll have to think about hardcasting it in the midgame because of the potential for it to start flooding your hand.

EDIT: Also, do they plan on changing the sound that plays when you click on one of your units? They ripped that poo poo straight from Diablo.

Jerry Seinfeld fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jan 30, 2016

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

koolkal posted:

Dreamgazer doesn't go back in your deck

That card is now interesting to me

Whoa yeah definitely experimenting with this guy

Once I open it from the one pack I get every few days

E: well I got one from season rewards, that's a start

Jerry Seinfeld fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Feb 1, 2016

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

koolkal posted:

Silverguard Knight is like the 2nd best 3-drop in the game and extremely strong

But there's really not much past that yeah, I don't even know what the 3rd best 3-drop would be

Crossbones :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Mattavist posted:

You'll still do that well after you're aware of how Zeal works.

Yeah, I make so many more misplays in this game than in Hearthstone. It's probably because having to think about positioning in addition to everything else overloads my tiny baby brain.

• Locked thread