Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

So It Goes posted:

I don't think divine bond is any different than something like inner fire in hearthstone. I suppose the double draw/replace mechanics makes combos more reliable than in Hearthstone, although the 6 card max limits it pretty fairly IMO.

I still think Silithar Elder is just beyond stupid and I have no idea how that card hasn't been changed (I started playing this game around a month ago).

I really wished this game limited legendaries in general to either 2 (or 1) copies in decks, minimizing their importance and creating more deck space.

Elder can definitely be a poo poo. but for my money, I think the most unbalanced card is Portal Guardian. Vetruvian 0/9. Gets +1 attack whenever owner summons a creature. Has Frenzy. Only costs 3. That means that, assuming the player goes second, they can have a 4/9 with Frenzy on turn two. It would still be a great card without the Frenzy. Nerf now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to see Portal Guardian lose Frenzy or have its health reduced to 5. I'd be happy with either, I think.

I'd be happy with Third Wish either going to two minions rather than three, or +2 rather than 3.

I wouldn't *hate* the Magmar egg spawner going to 3 eggs instead of 4, but I'd say I've been able to minimize the threat to 1 or 2 eggs most of the time.

Elder Sithilid was super intimidating when I first saw it, but once the shock of an 8/8 monster that can replicate itself wears off, it's not so bad.

I'd love for them to nerf Star's Fury, but I just need to remember to clump my troops if I'm up against Vetruvian.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Avasculous posted:

It's kind of a nitpick, but I've lost 2 recent games now to effects that didn't do literally what the tooltip said:

-Shadow Nova should specify that Shadow Creep does damage equal to YOUR number of Shadow Creep spaces. Right now it just says equal to Shadow Creep.

-Zurael the Lifegiver should specify that "your minions" does not include tokens, even though tokens count as "your minions" for every other effect I've seen. I think there's even another card that does specify "non-token minions" for something.

Are there any others people know that I should look out for?

The tool tip for this is accurate, but it took me a minute to realize it.

Mana Burn - This targets a SPACE not a MINION so it can gently caress over my freshly placed Mechazor who is supposed to be untargetable.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
Dark Transformation, the Abyssian finger of death, will over-ride any respawn effects when it summons the Wraithling. For instance, using Dark Transformation on a sithilid prevents it from respawning as an egg because there is a wraithling there.

Note that it only stops things that will spawn a creature on the same spot. Something like a Jaxi spawns in a 1/1 in a different location, so that effect isn't prevented.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

RoboCicero posted:

I hope they go back and look at Rook at some point. He seems like such a classic "fun but not competitive card", but at 5 health he's just instantly blown up when he hits the board. I think at the very least he should have about 7 health -- having more reliably keywords would be nice, but I get that part of the appeal is getting keywords outside your faction when you play it.

I think the problem there is that what you get might not synergize with the deck you've planned out. Plus, there are plenty of 7 cost cards from each faction that I'd much rather get than Rook. I don't think the health inhibits him too much; I just don't think his ability keeps him in line with comparable cards.

That said, if he's the only 7 cost legendary you've got, he's not an awful choice, just like Paddo or Dark Nemesis (maybe Dark Nemesis is a little better, if only because it makes newbies poo poo their pants... I've poo poo my pants several times when it hit the table.)

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
When I reset, I got 4 Gravity Wells...
:negative:

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
I need to just decide whether I want to gain ranks when I play, or earn packs. Ive spent a lot of time doing daily missions, which meant losing a lot because my collection was pretty scattershit. When I reset, I had 115 packs (haven't payed a dime... Well, outside of Kick-starting) and I could probably make a couple of badass decks if I go through and dispel the poo poo I don't want.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

GreyPowerVan posted:

I was looking at starting a goon tournament if the steam release brings in enough goons to make it worthwhile.

I don't play a ton anymore, but I'd be in for that. I still check on the thread when there are new posts.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
gently caress the RNG

I was just scrubbed out by a Magmar deck that played that poo poo-rear end Nature's Confluence and got 4 of the Dex pet with Celerity. I was otherwise hugely ahead. Boooooo, Duelyst, booooo.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
I don't know why I didn't do this earlier.

If you created your account after September 15th, use this code to get 20 orbs! I was a Kickstarter backer, so it's useless to me.

9fcc0b59-8cb9-40bf-8dfe-88da4fc02fd2

Just, you know, quote and say something if you take it.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
Why can't I find a drat online deck builder thingy? I've googled Duelyst deck builder and I get some weird Russian poo poo or a site that doesn't have the expansion cards. Any help?

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Tin Tim posted:

The Russian one is the only fully updated one right now and it's pretty good since the card text and the important UI elements are in English and it's just neatly designed

http://manaspring.ru/deckbuilder/

Thank you! I was mostly asking because I could use some advice...

Since I've been playing for a long time, I can pretty much get the spirit to make 1 super solid deck. I love Abyssian and I've decided to go creep (I wish there was more crossover with wraithling, but whatever).

Here's what I have now...

I've farted around with a few different variations and I've made it as far as 6.

I've got about 6-8 cards that I don't think are super effective and end up sitting in my hand, but I don't know what to replace them with. The Sisters have rarely done much of anything for me. The Sojourner, Void Hunter, and Aethermaster were put in to help with card draw (I have Rites of the Undervault, but I never actually want to spend the 5 to cast them). The Aethermaster seems to pull it's own weight, and the Void Hunter is mostly fine, but the Sojourner seems like a waste.

I've heard that Shadow Nova and Abyssal Juggernaut aren't great, but they combo together pretty well. I'm wondering if the distaste for Shadow Nova comes from how awesome it used to be before creep was reworked. I think it's still valid because it greatly increases the effectiveness of multiple cards in the deck, so I don't know why they wouldn't go in.

Where do I go from here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Brainbread posted:

I wonder how much play this'll get in constructed. There aren't too many times where I sit and go, "Gee, I really wish I had three or four dispels in hand, THEN I could deal with this board!" - but it does make me kinda nervous to go up against, just thinking of it. I'd hate to see one as Creep Cass (literally everything has abilities I'm using them for)... but at least it doesn't dispel the creep itself.

I'd hate to see it as a Dervish Vet deck though.

This would be cute against a wall deck.

• Locked thread