Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

vulturesrow posted:

Can anyone recommend some good streams or YouTube videos for this game? Looking for some articles as well.

good streams are envybae and grincherz

edit: envy is pretty memey, if you don't like sneaky's stream you'd not like his. he's a good player though

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Feb 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The Jumpoff posted:

All of a sudden I'm stuck in silver, getting my loving rear end handed to me every game with my Vanar deck that I made from new stuff I got out of packs, and I have no idea what the gently caress I'm doing wrong. Going full-face just isn't working anymore, so I've tried controlling the baord a bit more and I'm still losing horribly. I don't want to blame bad card-draws and poo poo replacements because this game avoids those really well for the most part, but I don't know what mistakes I'm making.

+ x2 Aspect of the Mountain

Someone way better at this game tell me if there's any changes I should be making. I've got most of the good Vanar and Neutral cards (other than, somehow, the mechs for a Mechazor deck).

get rid of loremasters and twilight sorcerers, go down to 2 razorbacks, add another jaxi, add another primus fist, add crystal cloakers. add chaos elemental or repulsor beast

honestly I don't know how well that's going to work but probably better than what you're trying to do.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

muon posted:

Well, Jax is Vanar's best wincon, so that's going to cost you some games that other lists would win. I would probably prioritize crafting in this order:

+1 Jaxi (asap)
+1 Primus Fist
+3 Dancing Blades

Then start saving up for Jax.

With just basics I'd do something like:
-3 Twilight Sorc
-2 Loremaster
-3 Tiger
-2 Hearthsister

+3 Crystal Cloaker
+2 Snow Chaser
+1 Jaxi
+2 Mark of Solitude

The more I play Vanar the more I become convinced Razorback is their best faction card. I wouldn't cut it to 2.

he doesn't have jaxes so razorbacks lose a lot of value. not saying they're bad but i've held one and thought "i wish this was another card" a lot.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

its a good game

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah I can't recommend ever completely removing razorback from a list.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

You want at least 2 regalia.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Holy immolation is good please don't remove that from your deck.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

using the term netdeck in a game that is fully online, just lol

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Digital Fingers posted:

^ After you render it to a image all you have to to it right click on it and it'll save to a .png for ya'

I just added 2 Aspects Of The Mountains, a 3rd Hearth-Sister and 3rd Hailstone Prison to my constructed list. How does this look to you guys?
Recommend up to like, idk, 4 card subs you'd do- No legendaries though since i'm kinda strapped for spirit atm and don't want to disenchant my Lyonar and Abyssian stuff.

e: Just got a Frosthorn Rhino out of a pack maybe sub out a Draugar Lord for it?

don't play sworn avenger, don't play less than 3 emerald rejuvenators imo. frostfire is pretty bad isn't it

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

lol @ people using the word "netdecks" on a fully online CCG

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Barudak posted:

I hate to say this but dropping to only drawing one card a turn basically conpletely kills my interest.

interesting, most people like it.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Megasabin posted:

What's the deck list?

Twin Fang, Kujata, lots of 1-drop 1-hp minions. play dance, play kujata, play twin fang, play a lot of 1-drops and gain damage from them dying to kujata, which draws you another card

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Mar 30, 2016

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

This game is much better after the changes - source: my games today

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

drink_bleach posted:

Let me tell you, after playing 8~ games to complete my quests welcome to the era of mechazor. He's nigh unstoppable now. No chance someone is going to gum up their deck with 3 crossbones and try to fish one out every game but as soon as I dropped him every time it required so much to answer him he instantly won me the game if my opponent didn't outright concede on the spot. Tempo hacks.

i have not lost to a mechaz0r deck today

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

the main part is now that people aren't drawing infinity cards, the dervish shrines actually do poo poo

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

4Tran posted:

I'm convinced that Vetruvian is the strongest faction right now. First and Second Wish are the best card draws in the game, and the meta is seeing less removal so Ranged and Blast is really powerful. My current Vetruvian deck has a really high win rate outside of the mirror. I guess it helps that I'm running an off-meta stealing deck.

What do they do with a Sand Howler with a Third Wish on it? I'm currently running Lightbenders and I still have a hard time against it.

i guess if you happen to have a sand howler and a third wish and they do nothing with the turns you give them while you set up...

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I think it's definitely a good deck to blitz to rank 10ish, but it seems a lot of decks are tuned against it starting there. I've been s-rank before with various vet and magmar decks.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

What rank are you at that you're winning often with that list? Add some wind shrikes imo

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

End of turn drawing burning cards is weird.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I am enjoying the new generals. The abyssian one seems op

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

this is the shadow nova list im running

i go back between 2x blaze hound and the third lure + another card (maw sometimes, breath sometimes)

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

That was the same as my game basically. I went like 8 turns not seeing a void reaver or shadow nova and my opp was on 1 the whole time.

Then i lost.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

this is why you don't win, it makes people salty :(

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Why all the one-ofs? I would drop the dancing blades and healing mystic for two of the bloodtear alchemists, they are pretty amazing for me almost every time I draw them. Also fit a third holy immolation in there if you can, imo. Aegis barrier is not great but it does cycle and somewhat synergizes with bond.

EDIT: actually keep the mystic, i'd like to fit another in. -1 decimate unless you really like it, -1 dancing blades, +1 mystic +1 holy immolation

Also I haven't really seen oculus doing much lately -- everyones running a huge number of ephemeral shrouds and lightbenders

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 15, 2016

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Lieutenant Hoffman posted:

Yeah now that you mention it I'll try dropping decimate for a third holy immolation. I put the one healing mystic in so that I have seven two drops for consistency. I'm not a big fan of the Bloodtear Alchemist because it's a dead draw later on and can get pinged down by so many things. Aegis barrier seems very useful to me mainly as a cycle card, although if the opponent doesn't draw dispel it can force them to fight through your +2 attack taunts.

If I did drop the occulus what 3 drop could I use instead? Most of them don't seem to have very good sticking power.

I usually play Blaze Hounds but my deck uses a lot more early drops than yours. You could try Chaos Elementals.

edit: I'm not saying I entirely hate oculus though. If they don't have a silence it can very easily take over a game.

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 03:53 on May 15, 2016

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Lyonar is extremely bad without without Holy Immolations honestly.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I think zirix and argeon are a little strong but disagree that abyss is too strong

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Zirix needed a nerf, but leaving lyonar untouched seems... Not ideal. Put 3 hallow grovekeeper in every deck.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

People use my boy envy's site :unsmith:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Kronikle posted:

Your *girl's. Made that mistake over voice chat with her :smith:

Did Something crazy happen in the last week or are you trolling me

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

We're talking about Envybae, right?

Hmm, well that's new. I've played probably 50+ hours of hots and Overwatch with envy and this is news to me :v:

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Aug 21, 2016

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

In game related chat, when is the new expansion dropping or have I missed that already? I lost lost of my interest in duelyst after one grind to rank 0 back in December

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Sweet, I'm gonna check it out.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Lurking fear is awesome.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Oh yeah, I don't think lurking fear is the strongest by far. It just looks fun to build around. Xho looks powerful, too.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Songhai always broken.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I was looking at starting a goon tournament if the steam release brings in enough goons to make it worthwhile.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

No one's sure right now with all the new cards I think.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah I've been playing some and it seems very good

• Locked thread