Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
The song, Hot Blooded by Foreigner, is an instant classic and easily one of the best songs of all time on the topic of being horny or the process of getting horny. The music is good and easy to recognize if you have heard it before but the real selling point of this song is the lyrics. Nearly every one of the lyrics is incredible, from the iconic line "Check it and see" which has to be the most bad rear end thing you can say to a babe about your temperature, to the rhyme "Tell me are you hot mama, you sure look that way to me" which has been a big inspiration for me personally, to name just a few examples of the lyrics to this song that I would like to discuss in this thread.

This isn't a hugbox - if you do not like the song that is totally fine as long as you have more to say than 'song gay' because otherwise I am going to ignore you. Opinions are bound to differ especially as concerns some of the more controversial lyrics and that is only natural but let's try to keep it civilized.

In case you are not familiar with the song, well then you are in for a real treat with this one so try to enjoy yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c1m2BAg2Sc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super mario batali
Aug 1, 2013

Dice-a the Mushroom
Grimey Drawer
:69snypa:

a good song

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
this thermometer goes in your mouth, check it and see

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
theyre singing about doing it

super mario batali
Aug 1, 2013

Dice-a the Mushroom
Grimey Drawer
I always thought the song was talking about hot pockets.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
I don't listen to music

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

How do I put this gently... it's loving poo poo. A poo poo song. A song for olds and shits.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
C'mon baby do you do more than dance
I'm hot blooded. . .in my pants.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
The Bee Gees are better

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I like Juke Box Hero better but it's probably just because I heard it first? IMO it's all good.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

the check it and see part is asking her to stick her finger in your butt

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Tony Homo posted:

The Bee Gees are better

You are the reason for my laughter and my sorrow
Blow out the "candle"
I will burn again tomorrow

gently caress yeah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfwaz-NuUig

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
i wish i had that one belt from that one episode of aqua teen hunger force that let you turn use the songs of foireigner into superpowers like cold as ciea and hot bludded

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
This song is famous to some people for the line where he says "Are you old enough, will you be ready when I call your bluff" which is so well known that even though it wasn't included on one of the pages I referred to while researching this topic, the people discussing the lyrics still knew about it well enough to comment on it, some of which comments I have quoted here for you.

quote:

I think The song Meaning isn't only about sex, it's more about if youngers are ready to love and not only to do sex or party.

quote:

I can't believe u really mean that, excalibur2. I'll have to find out for myself. I don't actually thin it's about sex with a young teen. I think it's more of a "Are you ready?" sort of thing.

quote:

well it could mean having sex with a minor but i highly doubt it he could get in lots of trouble for saying that i think when they went on tour they saw a lot of pretty girls and maybe that had to relate to "are you old enough" anyways this is about the singer having the hots for a girl thats why it says he has a fever and i guess and its probably more than 1 because hot blooded means Easily excited or aroused

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

tomstuart posted:

i wish i had that one belt from that one episode of aqua teen hunger force that let you turn use the songs of foireigner into superpowers like cold as ciea and hot bludded

Is this true?!

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
the follow up song "cold as ice" is about the not horny girl who turned him down after he awkwardly danced in front of her while singing "hot blooded"

:(

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
It's all part of the foreigner rock opera, then later as he sings "I want to know what love is" he masturbates

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

the check it and see part is asking her to stick her finger in your butt

the oil needs changing :(

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
If you have a fever of 103 you should go to the hospital, imo.

pr0p
Dec 8, 2011

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
No it's a love fever, a love fever of 103 which is just below stalking, you really gotta see the rock opera

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

i gogoled it and ya its pretty sweet it lets you shout out sontg titiles and then does them as super powers

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

gently caress

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Applewhite posted:

If you have a fever of 103 you should go to the hospital, imo.

he must have caught a flu when he was standing in the rain with his head hung low

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
i liked foreigner in middle school and i still remember the live version of this song ended with

i'm hot blooded
i'll make ya famous
duh duhduh [this is a guitar sound fyi]
a star on yer anus

of course it's suposed to be on uranus but it's always better when you think of a planet like a butthole

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
Op, they were just waiting for a girl like you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s71Em_Po2ZY

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Here I am all hotblooded but she's as cold as ice.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Pohl posted:

Op, they were just waiting for a girl like you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s71Em_Po2ZY

this is the part of the rock opera where he finally gets his real doll

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
This thread is so bad i'm seeing double

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxKCPjcvbys

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

dude probably should be careful. i had a fever of 104 once and had to go to the ER. turned out to be pretter severe pneumonia.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

super mario batali posted:

I always thought the song was talking about hot pockets.

someone recommend this to weird al thanks

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
"Hot Blooded" is a good example of the way cultural values change over time, as it was not an uncommon theme in the rock music of the 70's and 80's to talk about 'making love' to someone who is not at the legal age of consent, something which we know now is wrong.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Tuxedo Gin posted:

dude probably should be careful. i had a fever of 104 once and had to go to the ER. turned out to be pretter severe pneumonia.

104 is dangerous, 103 or below you should be able to safely gently caress away

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

a bay posted:

"Hot Blooded" is a good example of the way cultural values change over time, as it was not an uncommon theme in the rock music of the 70's and 80's to talk about 'making love' to someone who is not at the legal age of consent, something which we know now is wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlN3oEjMpUQ

she said she was seventeen, guys

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Yeah but your head turns into a connect four board if you have it set on Head Games, so be careful.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

This is the only good thing foreigner has ever been responsible for

And also making back hair briefly fashionable

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
the best 70s song about plowing jailbait is my sharona. yes that's a picture of sharona and yes she was in high school in that pic and when they did the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR2JtsVumFA

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I was surprised to find while researching this song that a lot of the questions about the more controversial lyrics on Yahoo Answers had been deleted or something and most of what was left were comparisons between this song and "Cold As Ice" or stuff like this:

quote:

Name of song? old rock song?
It SOUNDS like "im hot and flirtey come here with me hot and flirty easy to see.. hot and flirtey, hot and flirty!" He's singing it pretty loud and ethusiastically. COuld it be hot and dirteh? It's from like the 70s or 80's in my best guess. The lyrics are completely from memory, and it could have some or none of those words.. Hot and flirteh stands out in my memory though i can't find anything online.

quote:

What is the name of the song?
I don't have any lyrics. But I was watching the "Sex Ed" episode of The Office, and Andy sings this song about pizza when he brings it in. He sings:
"Hot Pizza, Check it and see, duh nuh nuh nuh nuh! I've got a whole bunch, of pepperoni!"
It's such like a popular and well known song but i'm drawing such a huge blank right now. Any help? It's bugging me to figure it out.

quote:

Been looking for this song for ages, rock, sounds old, read the description, don't know the lyrics. HELP?
Sounds like the guy is either singing "I'm not good at" or "I'm hot footed" in the chorus, emphasis on the word that ends in "ot" and the singer goes kinda high on that note and stays there, first note is the only low in that line and it's all I can remember! :( Any 70s/80s music gods somewhere, help me out please!
Update: I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH YOU MAKE MY LIFE.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
juke box hero came on in the car this morning and i cranked it up and did a pretty wicked air guitar on my steering wheel. the secret is to hit the repeating single notes in the chorus. i.e.: (where *!* = "the note")

code:
to be a juke   box    her-o

*!* *!* *!*------*!* *!* *!*----------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

kindermord posted:

the best 70s song about plowing jailbait is my sharona. yes that's a picture of sharona and yes she was in high school in that pic and when they did the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR2JtsVumFA

holshit I never paid attn. to the lyrics. 'never gonna give it up...' ick

• Locked thread