Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
I'm sure this thread will be auto-banned or gassed or whatever, but I'm really curious as to why people like to smoke weed. I'm not against legalization, but I don't really understand why pot smokers like the sensation of being stoned. I smoked weed in high school but after a while it started to make me feel paranoid. I didn't really like the high anymore. I felt confused and anxious most of the time, while other drugs made me feel far better.

Here goes the autoban, fingers crossed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i live in a state that just said it was OK to smoke weed legally. i am trying it out. it helps my fuckin back pain, OK? get off my case

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
it makes you feel funny

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
here, idiot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN4V5XjyR6s

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
There are just substances out there in the universe that just might give you a better high than weed. Especially if you're dealing with back pain.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

SweetKarma posted:

There are just substances out there in the universe that just might give you a better high than weed. Especially if you're dealing with back pain.

leave me alone

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
bc first you feel kief, then you get muf

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

dad gay. so what posted:

leave me alone

Just do heroin. That's all I'm saying. No pressure, but just do it.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
if you do it with the stupid vape pen thing its not like you remember. its a lot more like taking 3 vicodins, its really noticeably muted in my experience - no poo poo. so if you are opposed to the methodology i think thats kind of on you, OP. why is everyone so hung up about what other people do anyway? kinda creepy

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
in fact im going to do it right now :shittydog:

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

dad gay. so what posted:

in fact im going to do it right now :shittydog:

I can tell you're high as gently caress right now. I can read your thoughts.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

SweetKarma posted:

I can tell you're high as gently caress right now. I can read your thoughts.

wrong again, monster mash...

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
its mostly used as an occasional utility type thing to me most of the time these days to relax or go to sleep, but nothing even close to the 45min long laugh basement sessions at 1am in years past despite the product being far more potent. sux, growing up is rubbish

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
I could never go to sleep while high on weed. I'd have a better time getting to sleep after snorting a line of 100% pure columbian cocaine. It makes me feel super anxious and weird and it's a bad drug that weirdos do because they're too afraid to try anything else.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

SweetKarma posted:

I could never go to sleep while high on weed. I'd have a better time getting to sleep after snorting a line of 100% pure columbian cocaine. It makes me feel super anxious and weird and it's a bad drug that weirdos do because they're too afraid to try anything else.

when the going gets weird the weird turn pro

Crack
Apr 10, 2009

SweetKarma posted:

try weed and a benzo

Boko Haram
Dec 22, 2008

Alcohol is way better but I'm not allowed to drive any cars with that in me, I don't know about weed because I can never remember to grab the keys/start the car/or even get up from the couch until I sober up.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's probably because they are specifically just trying to piss you off.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
How about I skip the weed and just take a bunch of benzos?

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Cuz it owns, op. It makes everything more amusing and it makes jacking it extremely more amusing. The confusion and anxiety only happens cuz your brain is weak and broke, u zmoked too much, or both. Hope this helps.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
more indica, less sativa for op

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Nathilus posted:

Cuz it owns, op. It makes everything more amusing and it makes jacking it extremely more amusing. The confusion and anxiety only happens cuz your brain is weak and broke, u zmoked too much, or both. Hope this helps.

this is actually why shouldn't smoke weed, OP

Crack
Apr 10, 2009

SweetKarma posted:

How about I skip the weed and just take a bunch of benzos?

what do you want to get out of it? just sleep with some anxiolytic effects? then yea, benzos are your best bet. But you won't remember your dreams.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Weed is the most overrated drug of all time.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Airborne Viking posted:

Weed is the most overrated drug of all time.

that would be tobacco/nicotine

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Dyna Soar posted:

touché. Weed is still pretty loving overrated.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
^^^^^^^^^^

also this

vvvvvvvvv

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
The first time I smoked weed I did an insanely huge bong rip and got high as all gently caress. Every time I've tried it since I haven't really felt anything.

So I guess pretty much the exact opposite of what everyone else always says. It was interesting but I can't say I'd really enjoy feeling that way again.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Airborne Viking posted:

touché. Weed is still pretty loving overrated.

underrated non-recreationally imo. can be v. fun recreationally but i personally like beer & whiskey more

Rond
Mar 2, 2015

Dyna Soar posted:

Don't forget alcohol..

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Rond posted:

Don't forget alcohol..

come on, alcohol is the best drug.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

if dad gay smoked weed, he'd be lame

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Crack posted:

what do you want to get out of it? just sleep with some anxiolytic effects? then yea, benzos are your best bet. But you won't remember your dreams.

I want to get a pleasant high. Benzos give a pleasant high, weed doesn't.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

SweetKarma posted:

you don't think it's kinda risky to get high on prescription tranqs for fun?

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

SweetKarma posted:

the seizures are just a bonus

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
the best drug is iv dilaudid imo (in my organs)

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
Benzos aren't a tranquilizer. You won't get seizures from taking benzos. But that proves my point. People smoke weed because they feel it's a "safe' drug. Not because it's a good high.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

SweetKarma posted:

Benzos aren't a tranquilizer. You won't get seizures from taking benzos. But that proves my point. People smoke weed because they feel it's a "safe' drug. Not because it's a good high.

no? i thought they were. what are they, then? also dont they get you hooked p. easy + chance of an o.d. especially mixed with alcohol?

weed is both safe and a good high, too bad you don't like it.

Crack
Apr 10, 2009

SweetKarma posted:

honestly if you just want a pleasant, functional high and aren't concerned with dependence I'd go with prescription opiates.You'll feel great and they're subtle enough that you can even go to work and be more productive, social and generally happy without looking or acting like a stoner.

If you just want a rush on a friday if you're with friends cocaine or mdma are your best bets, or if alone opiates again are great but if you feel like stoning out you can have a harder opiate. Or you can even legally buy Kratom Full Spectrum Tincture which has a similar effect.

e: you could binge benzos but the issue is you wouldn't remember anything about the experience, and opiates are more pleasant anyway.

Crack fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Oct 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
obamas america

No, thanks, Obama!

• Locked thread