Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

bartlebyshop posted:

Could it not be that the film reel is from their world, where the Allies were winning the war (and the reels hadn't been shown to the public yet), but the Nazis and Imperial Japan created the atomic bomb first? I've read too much "Nazis win" alternative history but in a lot of it the Axis builds the bomb first and nukes DC, London, and Moscow and then Bad Things Happen.

If that were the case the film would just be a part of history. There'd be no reason for Hitler to be so terrified of it unless it represented something that could potentially change things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Klaus88 posted:

I'm gonna be that guy, the guy who points out that there was no timeline where the U.S. ends up invaded and occupied, outside of time travels, magic, or scifi tech so advanced it might as well be magic. :jerkbag:

Okay

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That's hilarious

I didn't run into that but I saw a poster for it in the subway, and I noted that they drew the line at Swastikas on posters for public display, instead using the eagle+cross symbol.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Last I checked JFK was assassinated in the timeline I live in.

• Locked thread