Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
http://talkingtoyourkidsaboutiowa.tumblr.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

D.N. Nation posted:

I think UF would be de facto East champ instead of de jure with a win over UGA; Kentucky would still have a chance if they won out and Florida lost out or something impossible like that. So it's basically win and in for the Gators.

Florida is a bad matchup for Georgia. Two-score win for the Gators methinks.

:feelsgood:

Didn't think we would be here when the season started.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

iowa's ooc schedule was better than bama's imo

That site is funny though! But yeah the schedule isn't why Iowa started 7-0, it's just why they have a good shot at finishing out the rest of the season undefeated. Pitt, Wisconsin, and Northwestern are all decent opponents this year, and the latter two were on the road. It doesn't get stupid until after the bye and even then I wouldn't be shocked if they got tripped up by Indiana or Nebraska, who have both at least been regularly competitive.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 25, 2015

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

MourningView posted:

iowa's ooc schedule was better than bama's imo

Hey, speaking of schedules...Missouri was handed one of the easiest SEC schedules in recent memory and have done absolutely nothing with it. With an off-week next week, the Tigers will go a month without scoring a touchdown. They're second-to-last in the FBS in total offense. drat near blanked by Vanderbilt.

A Lambert interception gave Mizzou the ball at the Georgia 1 for their first play from scrimmage last week. The Tigers ended the game having scored 6 points.

The world is better off not having this team in Atlanta again. I'm pretty sure Pinkel wanted to test just how lousy his team could be and still win the East. Wherever that barrier was, it's long gone now.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
the state of utah got destroyed this weekend and that is a good thing

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Ross Angeles posted:

the state of utah got destroyed this weekend and that is a good thing

BYU put up 70 yesterday.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Mahoning posted:

BYU put up 70 yesterday.

gently caress BYU I choose to not acknowledge their existence and instead just choose to look at Utah and Utah State

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Dattserberg posted:

Nice win GT. You have given FSU fits since Paul Johnson arrived. FSU is still in good shape to make New Years Day bowl. That would be cool. Have a good day friends.

Please don't. Drake is awful, Future is pretty good, and that tape is as overrated as FSU.

But seriously, we need some new blood on the coaching staff

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

D.N. Nation posted:

Hey, speaking of schedules...Missouri was handed one of the easiest SEC schedules in recent memory and have done absolutely nothing with it. With an off-week next week, the Tigers will go a month without scoring a touchdown. They're second-to-last in the FBS in total offense. drat near blanked by Vanderbilt.

A Lambert interception gave Mizzou the ball at the Georgia 1 for their first play from scrimmage last week. The Tigers ended the game having scored 6 points.

The world is better off not having this team in Atlanta again. I'm pretty sure Pinkel wanted to test just how lousy his team could be and still win the East. Wherever that barrier was, it's long gone now.

Don't worry we'll make up for it come basketball...oh...

I guess Beckner eventually dominating is all I have to look forward to.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Honestly when it comes to the UF v GA game it depends which Lambert shows up. I think we have a shot if he makes some mistakes.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
I'm used to crushing disappointment from Mizzou but a top 10 defense coupled with a Literally The Worst In FBS offense is a new one. Mizzou: there is always more, and it is always worse.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Mahoning posted:

BYU put up 70 yesterday.

BYU is an enclave of a theocratic state and as such is not recognized as part of the state of Utah

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Coaches Poll
code:
1.  Ohio State
2.  Baylor
3.  TCU
4.  LSU
5.  Michigan State
6.  Clemson
7.  Alabama
8.  Stanford
9.  Notre Dame
10. Oklahoma State
11. Iowa
12. Florida
13. Oklahoma
14. Utah
15. Florida State
16. Memphis
17. Michigan
18. Duke
19. Houston
20. Toledo
21. Ole Miss
22. Temple
23. Georgia
24. Pitt
25. UCLA

Others Receiving Votes:
Texas A&M 89; Mississippi State 70; North Carolina 55; Wisconsin 36; California 17; 
Navy 15; Northwestern 14; Southern California 14; Oregon 11; Brigham Young 11; 
Washington State 11; Boise State 1; Marshall 1.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Eltoasto posted:

We did at this time last year! JT owns but he gets hurt and gave us a scare yesterday too, so it would be nice for the offense to get decent with Cardale as well. If he can stay healthy though, JT could break pretty much all QB TD records for the B1G.

I'm warming to the theory that Urban knew he would make the switch all along but gave JT seven games off to avoid getting banged up.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Emron posted:

BYU is an enclave of a theocratic state and as such is not recognized as part of the state of Utah

In the state, but not of the state, you might say.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Mahoning posted:

This is a good video that shows like 10 different angles of the Block-6 and the ensuing celebrations.

http://youtu.be/Sm6eZ9V9RbM

This is a pro-click.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

kayakyakr posted:

This is a pro-click.

I love the fans at the end crowdsurfing a giant T for some reason.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Charlie Strong is frantically working on a weather machine so he can bring massive rainfall to every game and force the entire B12 to play SMASH MOUTH FOOTBAW with him

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Mount Union won their 100th regular season game in a row. It's the second time they've done so as a program.

They're 210-1 in their last 211 regular season games :dogbutton:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Still feels good. Go Cougs!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Thermos H Christ posted:

Charlie Strong is frantically working on a weather machine so he can bring massive rainfall to every game and force the entire B12 to play SMASH MOUTH FOOTBAW with him

He can then sell it to California for billions.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

The Twinkie Czar posted:

I'm warming to the theory that Urban knew he would make the switch all along but gave JT seven games off to avoid getting banged up.

He's said JT didn't look 100% in fall camp but I don't think that was the reason.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Gators have a player named Ivey the 4th.

That's right. His name is Ivey IV.

This has nothing to do with anything.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Never mind, Navy's not ranked :(

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Oct 25, 2015

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Thoguh posted:

I love the fans at the end crowdsurfing a giant T for some reason.

At GT, it's a tradition to steal the "T" from Tech Tower and return it at the next homecoming.

It got stolen last Spring and they returned it during halftime last night, as per tradition. I guess it got swept up in the celebration.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
AP Poll

code:
1.  Ohio State (39)
2.  Baylor (7)
3.  Clemson (6)
4.  LSU (5)
5.  TCU (3)
6.  Michigan State
7.  Alabama (1)
8.  Stanford
9.  Notre Dame
10. Iowa
11. Florida
12. Oklahoma State
13. Utah
14. Oklahoma
15. Michigan
16. Memphis
17. Florida State
18. Houston
19. Ole Miss
20. Toledo
21. Temple
22. Duke
23. Pitt
24. UCLA
25. Mississippi State
TCU drops again and somebody gave Alabama a first place vote.

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Oct 25, 2015

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Woooooo

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

Mount Union won their 100th regular season game in a row. It's the second time they've done so as a program.

They're 210-1 in their last 211 regular season games :dogbutton:

Apparently they can only actually win the championship when they go up against a MIAC team. :(

Thoguh posted:

AP Poll

code:
1.  Ohio State (39)
2.  Baylor (7)
3.  Clemson (6)
4.  LSU (5)
5.  TCU (3)
6.  Michigan State
7.  Alabama (1)
8.  Stanford
9.  Notre Dame
10. Iowa
11. Florida State
12. OKlahoma State
13. Utah
14. Oklahoma
15. Michigan
16. Memphis
17. Florida State
18. Houston
19. Ole Miss
20. Toledo
21. Temple
22. Duke
23. Pitt
24. UCLA
25. Mississippi State
TCU drops again and somebody gave Alabama a first place vote.

Top 10!

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Thoguh posted:

AP rankings

first "Florida State" should be Florida, I presume.

Edit: fixed now :)

Go Gators!

Enigma fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Oct 25, 2015

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

The Greg Davis redemption tour continues.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
3 Big Ten teams in the top 10

what a time to be alive

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

Whichever rear end in a top hat coach gave BG a vote last week in the coaches poll and then retracted it this week after brutally dismantling Kent State yesterday is a real jerk

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
First playoff committee rankings come out next Tuesday, right?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

D.N. Nation posted:

I think UF would be de facto East champ instead of de jure with a win over UGA; Kentucky would still have a chance if they won out and Florida lost out or something impossible like that. So it's basically win and in for the Gators.

Florida is a bad matchup for Georgia. Two-score win for the Gators methinks.

Yeah, Florida would clinch the east with a win on Halloween. Florida could lose the next two weeks to Vandy and South Carolina and they still win the east. Georgia still controls their own destiny though, win out and they would win the east. However, if Georgia wins against Florida but drops either of their games to Kentucky or Auburn, then it would go back to Florida if they won out.

Tennesee, Kentucky, and Vanderbilt are not mathematically eliminated yet, but it's hard to imagine a scenario where either of them gets in at this point. All three have 3 league losses already so one of those teams would need to not only win out, but would need Florida and Georgia to drop some games also.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

vyst posted:

Honestly when it comes to the UF v GA game it depends which Lambert shows up. I think we have a shot if he makes some mistakes.

Lambert has been crummy against any defense with a pulse. It wouldn't surprise me if he tossed a pick against Florida and the coaching staff went to Ramsey.

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
Oh man espn College football final is awful joey and that other tool are about as bad as mark may and lou. Whatever he does at the end of the show final thoughts about da U was vomit inducing.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jaweeeblop posted:

Whichever rear end in a top hat coach gave BG a vote last week in the coaches poll and then retracted it this week after brutally dismantling Kent State yesterday is a real jerk

same

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Congrats MV!

I disagree with Notre Dame at #9 because gently caress Notre Dame

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Greataval posted:

Oh man espn College football final is awful joey and that other tool are about as bad as mark may and lou. Whatever he does at the end of the show final thoughts about da U was vomit inducing.

Is that the guy that had the controversial take last week that "people that make death threats against Michigans punter are bad"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

A fourth person died in the crash at the OkState parade - a 2 year old http://newsok.com/toddler-who-died-after-osu-homecoming-crash-identified/article/5455915

• Locked thread