Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tvayisnihyaami
Dec 23, 2012

by Lowtax
pops MDMA every weekend to keep heart chakra open
love is the ultimate truth :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
*buys a box of four dozen plaster buddhas at big lots*

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
i believe in things but not like in that other way

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
*Has a Tiki hanging next to a Mandala*

*Reads a book on Feng Shui*

*Moves the Mandala to a different wall. Looks back and forth between the two. Nods, satisfied*

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol i just pulled a huge chunk of earwax out of my ear and now i can hear a lot better. anyway to answer your question op i dont think its possible to jump 25 buses on a 2stroke but if your aim8ng to prove me wrong i just might let you date my daughter

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Um, excuse me, the term is AGNOSTIC :mad::mad:

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
poo poo i just lost my earwax ball. it could be anywhere

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
*is insanely fat*

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
something about organised religion

Rond
Mar 2, 2015
*Has a room full of buddhas and some yoga mats*

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010
I just think there has to be like, something out there, you know? Like maybe some kind of force that flows through everything and which I can personally manipulate by burning coloured candles and just, like, opening myself, you know? Be careful of that water, it's prana-ised.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
There are two kinds I have met:

Yoga-yuppies who live in Orange County or other expensive places and drive Subarus and pay for super expensive "retreats" to peace it up with other like-minds, and shop at Whole Foods and love the book The Secret.

Or

Filthy stoner hippies who believe their trips were communion with higher beings and they smell bad.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Can't decide if these people are better or worse than people who are religious but not spiritual.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
*dumps the useful part of religion (being part of an organization that does more than think about God)*

*keeps the useless part*

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
*makes a vision board*

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

*shares post from Spirit Science*

*shares post from The Mind Unleashed*

*eventually drops all pretenses of sanity and goes full David Icke*

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Oh Hell No posted:

*shares post from Spirit Science*

*shares post from The Mind Unleashed*

*eventually drops all pretenses of sanity and goes full David Icke*

Oh hey half the people I know who used to be cool. Also,
*shares post from David "Avocado" Wolfe*

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
"If you want something, the universe will provide"

*child in Appalachia goes to bed hungry*

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
*Is a wiccan*

Wicca is cool because the entirity of the creed is just saying you're a wiccan. There's nothing else.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

notZaar posted:

Can't decide if these people are better or worse than people who are religious but not spiritual.

Less violent, more asinine. At least the zealots have conviction.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
*rubs mud on my feets and drinks a grass shake*

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

*goes to India on holiday, stays exclusively in tourist areas and the hotel*
*tells people about how spiritual it was at every social gathering for the rest of life*

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
*climbs on top of large rock and begins to hum*

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Quote-Unquote posted:

*goes to India on holiday, stays exclusively in tourist areas and the hotel*
*tells people about how spiritual it was at every social gathering for the rest of life*

"Let me tell you about the summer I spent in India... So there I was squatting on the sidewalk pinching a hot curry loaf when a local boy comes up to me and throws colored powder in my face. It was incredibly spiritual."

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
*Doesn't really believe in anything*

*Just really enjoys the violence of it all*

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

"I believe there's something more to life, something apart from what we see, feel, think, hear, or can experience in any way"

*literally just a dumb believe they made up when they were 4, no reason or any sort of basis*

"I mean come on, like, life is so amazing!?"

nononsense
Feb 28, 2013
The world is a book and those who do not travel only read one page. I was on a road trip in India, rural India, where you can see real poverty and real suffering. I was walking next to a rice field and I came across a villager on both knees gathering the rice with his bare hands. He looked terrible, I think it was due to a poor diet. Mostly rice. But as I approached he began to smile and raised his arm to hand me a handful of rice. We couldn't understand each other of course, but there was a moment there, a real connection between the two of us. It's difficult for me to explain that exact moment. It was like the universe tried to tell I can be happy without having anything. I kept the rice and made a necklace out of it. I'm wearing it right now as I write this. Always bring a smile to my face.

So remember: travel, travel and travel.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
"There's no such thing as God. Religious people are loving idiots."

"Yeah? I hope you get Breast Cancer."

"Oh my God, why did you say that, now it's gonna happen!!! You jerk!"

:smugdog:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
if anything was going to have innate healing powers it would be crystals
dude the loving light shines right through them -some things science just cant explain

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I just try to throw away all the unimportant and wrong parts of religions and adopt the parts that actually help people in their lives, and that's why I'm a white Rastafarian

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
*Pays 2000 dollars every few months to do Ayahuasca with a bunch of other white people*
*Shits and vomits all over self, comes home with serotonin syndrome*

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
*has no objective truth*

*spends eternity in hell*

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

tvayisnihyaami posted:

pops MDMA every weekend to keep heart chakra open
love is the ultimate truth :D

Certainly love is truth.

John 4

7Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
9In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
10Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
11Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
12No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
13Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
14And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

Matthew 22

36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”

37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’[a]
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’[b]
40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

I'm jewish

and atheist+

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
*snaps off a selfie*

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Entheogenics and shamanism have long been used by people to connect to the spiritual dimension, and certainly there's no limit to the ways in which the truth of God can enter one's heart and mind.

However, that is just a starting point.

Cultivating devotion, faith, and discipline through meditation, prayer, and the word of God can super charge this spiritual growth. It takes courage that one is forced to discover in order to stay true to this path.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

notZaar posted:

Often it takes practicing one to find the other

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Entheogenics and shamanism have long been used by people to connect to the spiritual dimension, and certainly there's no limit to the ways in which the truth of God can enter one's heart and mind.

However, that is just a starting point.

Cultivating devotion, faith, and discipline through meditation, prayer, and the word of God can super charge this spiritual growth. It takes courage that one is forced to discover in order to stay true to this path.
shut the gently caress up

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

For people interested in the benefits of meditation: http://www.dhamma.org/en/about/vipassana

Vipassana is a beautiful and effective meditation technique that practices sharp mindfulness, as well as non-attachment / non-avoidance of temporary phenomena. It comes from Buddhist tradition and is an excellent way to strengthen ones mind and spiritual openness.

It's difficult to learn and practice at first, so that organization offers free 10, 30, even 90 day courses where one can practice meditating totally free from distractions. It involves abstaining from just about everything though, so no television or books or drugs or sex or speaking or social interaction or meat etc.

It's very good IMHO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Booblord Zagats posted:

*Doesn't really believe in anything*

*Just really enjoys the violence of it all*

nods

• Locked thread