Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe

What should I do about this GBS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Is he dead or what

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

>get leather gloves
>apply leather gloves
>free the fuzzy wuzzy

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
No it's alive. I can see it breathing and I called 311 who submitted a ticket to animal control. It has also since moved up a little further inside the exhaust nozzle because my roommate can't grasp the concept of "leave it the gently caress alone".

Edit: I am waiting on animal control to call back and advise.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Pull him out

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Comedy option turn on the dryer on a cold air setting and aim the tube at the window

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Gas or electric dryer? This is important.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
man i hope its a quokka

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Oh drat. Okay, change of plan.

Leave the fuzzy wuzzy alone and go bake some cookies for the animal control people.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
Electric.

Wedemyer This is the only leather glove I have and I do not know if it is thick enough to resist the frightened clawings of a spazzed out raccooon baby.

What do you think?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
how did you find him?>

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

MC Hawking posted:

What do you think?

should be plenty op. worst case you get rabies which is a terrible way to die

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Sing to it

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

You should cover the dryer vent exhaust with some screen, so it doesn't happen again.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
card board box or plastic bin with something you can cover it with, place over inside hole tight against wall, have someone outside make noise or push small stick in lightly, once animal out and trapped in box slide cover down gently between wall and box, carefully maneuver covered box out, remove top and get away, box may explode but up not then animal can go free

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe

Prav posted:

should be plenty op. worst case you get rabies which is a terrible way to die

I'm pretty sure I'm up to date on my rabies shot but getting clawed up wasn't how I really wanted to spend my Sunday.

I will be putting some screen over the vent to prevent this in the future.

To clarify at this point the animal is deep inside my dryer and shows no sign of wanting to exit so poking it with a stick seems like an unwise move.

Cookies may be an option.

Animal control should be calling back in the next few minutes.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

MC Hawking posted:

I'm pretty sure I'm up to date on my rabies shot but getting clawed up wasn't how I really wanted to spend my Sunday.

I will be putting some screen over the vent to prevent this in the future.

To clarify at this point the animal is deep inside my dryer and shows no sign of wanting to exit so poking it with a stick seems like an unwise move.

Cookies may be an option.

Animal control should be calling back in the next few minutes.

gently poke from one side, box on the other side

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
gently

gently

gently

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
can you put your keyboard/pad/phone in to let the woodland creature post? Maybe we can talk it out?

:ohdear:

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

The dryer is gonna have to be disassembled. If I were you I'd find the model number (usually inside the door somewhere) and Google instructions on how to do so. Don't do anything until you get instructions from animal control but having info on how to get into the case of that dryer may come in handy.

I work apartment maintenance. When we get calls like these we don't even call animal control until we've got the poor little guy out ourselves.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Luvcow posted:

can you put your keyboard/pad/phone in to let the woodland creature post? Maybe we can talk it out?

:ohdear:

And buy it an account of course, unless you want to get banned for sharing.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I think you should get some food to lure it out with.

Begin by cutting up some carrots and celery, making sure they are small enough to be able to tempt the critter.

Although I think placing them into a large cooking pot, because they normally come with a lid that you can use to trap the critter, would be a better option.

The animal may also be thirsty. So why don't you put some water into that pot with the vegetables as well. Thereby making an almost irresistible lure.

Now the animal may still be hesitant to go after the bait. Maybe you could use some black pepper to irritate the animals eyes and nose. You can blow the pepper into the vent from the other side. Salt may also be used to irritate the animals eyes even more.

Once the animal does make its way into your trapped pot, slam the lid down.

Now hopefully during this whole time you've preheated your oven to 350 degree.

Place pot, filled with water, vegetables, seasonings and animal into oven and wait for the screaming to stop. Allow another hour per pound of animal.

Remove pot and ladle soup into bowls, garnish with a wonderful radish rose.

Serves 2-7 people.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Smythe-Snudlington posted:

And buy it an account of course, unless you want to get banned for sharing.

very true

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Can't you turn the dryer on the lowest setting for like 30 seconds and encourage the animal to leave the dryer?

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
STATUS UPDATE :siren:

Animal Control called and a very nice desk lieutenant told me pretty much what I figured I should do which is turn the dryer and leave the garage door open. So I did that and took a picture for you worried internet people. I also asked the baby raccoon if it wanted to post but I didn't get a response so I'm presuming "probably not.

Here's to hoping that now that the washer next to the dryer isn't running anymore it will back out and be free.

Vendagoat I am actually cooking delicious tacos with pork tenderloin, potato, onion, garlic,red bell yellow pepper, and love.

MC Hawking fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Oct 25, 2015

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

MC Hawking posted:

Electric.

Wedemyer This is the only leather glove I have and I do not know if it is thick enough to resist the frightened clawings of a spazzed out raccooon baby.

What do you think?

You look very stylish friend. Now go get the fuzzy wuzzy, but be sure to do it

Luvcow posted:

gently

gently

gently

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
Ok well I tried to give the little tyke some tacos but he seems very warm and comfortable up in there but then again he might just not like the idea of chipotle ketchup on eggs.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
you need fireplace quality gloves dude you're going to wreck your pretty S&M gear

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

MC Hawking posted:

Ok well I tried to give the little tyke some tacos but he seems very warm and comfortable up in there but then again he might just not like the idea of chipotle ketchup on eggs.

god damnit

another racist raccoon :cripes:

tickle daddy
Oct 16, 2015

by Lowtax
gently caress I'd get stuck in your dryer right now if you'd make me some of those tacos

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
:siren: RAPIDLY BREAKING NEWS, ANIMAL IS NOT RACCOON BUT ADORABLE KITTEN.:siren:

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
The kitten has escaped. My housemate and I tried to catch it to get it fed and handed off to animal control but it escaped at high speed. Last spotted taking a flying leap into the gulch that runs by my place.

Happy ending for this GBS thread, thanks for contributing everybody.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the cat is a spy from pet island

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
You should post on your local Facebook group to see if you can find the owner. The poor fluffy kitten is probably hiding somewhere close to your home.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
The kitten was hiding there because dryer vents are warm and I'm assuming he was freezing.

Put some smelly tuna or cheap wet cat food near where he got in from and see if you can put some sort of storage container around it so he can stay warm. Or buy a trap from Amazon and this will have an even happier ending when you easily find him a home.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I'm glad I didn't see this thread until after we found out it was a kitten. My advice would have been to block the exhaust port and run a hose into your dryer and fill it with water.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Put out some tuna for the kitten

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Kill it with fire. Just kidding, don't.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
yeah OP feed and adopt the kitten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU