Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Game gonna suck dick here is the important part:

I have to report to court tomorrow to see if they pick me for Jury Duty, what the gently caress do I have to do to get out of it? My grandma just said go in and be a giant racist, is it really that easy?

Golf lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Winkie01 posted:

I have to report to court tomorrow to see if they pick me for Jury Duty, what the gently caress do I have to do to get out of it? My grandma just said go in and be a giant racist, is it really that easy?

Golf lol

Say the following four words: "I'm not racist but..." and that should get you out of it.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

C. Everett Koop posted:

Say the following four words: "I'm not racist but..." and that should get you out of it.

you could swap out homophobic for racist but I don't know if that would be more effective or not.

uh oh pancho!
Sep 3, 2004

THE MARATHON WAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

CLEAR TIME SGDQ18

say you're an anarchist and you'll inform all of your fellow jurors of jury nullification no matter what the crime because all laws are unjust

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Don't ever blink and stare at the prosecution lawyer the entire time.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Just pretend you're a sovereign citizen or something. Maritime law!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Wear a "If you see the police Warn A Brother" t-shirt.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Winkie01 posted:

Golf lol

I did that last month and I said that I didn't trust cops which wasn't a lie so I got out pretty quickly.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Winkie01 posted:

Golf lol

nullification is the way to go

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
It's your civic duty! Just go and serve.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Parmesan Basil posted:

I did that last month and I said that I didn't trust cops which wasn't a lie so I got out pretty quickly.

That's a good idea at least 1 person takes this situation seriously. Thank you kind sir.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Winkie01 posted:

That's a good idea at least 1 person takes this situation seriously. Thank you kind sir.

I think you should go with the anarchist idea tbh

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Winkie01 posted:

Golf lol

here's a lil two minute test

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/08/20/nyregion/jury-duty-quiz.html?_r=0

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
TJ Olson is loving adorable :3:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Costas did not just say, "Really sweet story, but the Eagles won't be so sweet on Olson tonight," after all that.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

just be a loving nervous wreck, op

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Winkie01 posted:

Anything to help my pervert friend.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Winkie01 posted:

My experiences with jury duty have been: sitting on my rear end for 2 days waiting for my name to be called, but never getting called once. And I've been called for jury duty twice in my lifetime so far.

The only reason I even remember my last jury duty was because Pope Francis got elected that week.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Winkie01 posted:

this is a trap answer

if the defense, for example, wants to argue that the police were negligent they'll try to keep you on the jury. Clearly the prosecution won't but they may make concessions

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
GobEagled! Let's have a fhb vs. Frinehg

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
This should be a really interesting game. Eagles were up 38-7 in the 3rd quarter vs the Panthers last year.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

quote:

"Plaintiff lawyers may believe that because you are a younger person, you may be less likely to sympathize with someone in her 60s and would be less likely to be disturbed by the idea of losing a lot of money later in life.

if true, gently caress my generation

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

winkie, you should answer all your questions like you're really slow in the head and neither side will want you

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Donkwich posted:

wait till you get to the frivolous law suit question

Now I know how to keep my mouth shut

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Be yourself, OP, that'll probably be enough.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

loving go Panthers. Let's keep this thing rolling and get some revenge for letting Mark Sanchez dunk all over us last season.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

I never even get called to report to the court. I've had plenty of notices.

e:

Donkwich posted:

I think they mean that younger people wouldn't really understand what that's like because they have no money to lose.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

old dog child posted:

winkie, you should answer all your questions like you're really slow in the head and neither side will want you

Nah prosecutors love stupid jurors.

Say you're an expert in forensic evidence.

Or Bayesian statistics. True story, a mathematicians testimony once got thrown out of a courtroom because a judge didn't believe Bayesian probability meant the witness was actually almost certain to be wrong.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Just sit on the jury, I judge people every day for free already.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

three posted:

This should be a really interesting game. Eagles were up 38-7 in the 3rd quarter vs the Panthers last year.

That's right, isn't it? IIRC that was the game that caused an announcer to quip "this just isn't competitive." How the tables seemed to have turned in a year, however. Let's go Eagles!

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

old dog child posted:

you just described the ideal juror

e:f;b

Anorexic Robot
Nov 11, 2012
Talk about how much you love riley cooper

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

the real trick is to get called for jury selection and then wish really hard that the case gets settled around 3:30pm so you only have to wait for 30 minutes before the day is over and then you're home by 5

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
If you say you're a producer or screenwriter for any law show, they'll drop you

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Winkie01 posted:

Golf lol

If you figure out what the case they're calling you in for is, say that you have a relative that you're really close to that (was a victim/was convicted of) that crime. bias = bad, I think. IANAL, of course.

edit: or bring in a copy of The New Jim Crow, or something else about the justice system.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

axeil posted:

GobEagled! Let's have a fhb vs. Frinehg

Drunk or stroke, fam?

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Yoshifan823 posted:

If you figure out what the case they're calling you in for is, say that you have a relative that you're really close to that (was a victim/was convicted of) that crime. bias = bad, I think. IANAL, of course.

edit: or bring in a copy of The New Jim Crow, or something else about the justice system.
Really hard because they call jury trials for some really dumb poo poo sometimes.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

AKMoose posted:

That's right, isn't it? IIRC that was the game that caused an announcer to quip "this just isn't competitive." How the tables seemed to have turned in a year, however. Let's go Eagles!

Could very well end up the same way tonight. Eagles just need to attack the Panthers lovely safeties, and attack Cam like they said they were going to (hit him all the time even when he doesnt have the ball on run plays). Get in Cam's head and it's game over.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
when they ask you "have you ever been a victim of a violent crime?" just reply casually "yea, yea all the ti-- oh a victim? nah"

• Locked thread