Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

EatDatPussy445 ‏@OGEatDatPussy 24s25 seconds ago
No stupid poo poo tonight bradford, you retarded, Goofy, cross-eyed looking bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

I'd like it if my QB ever did anything half as exciting as that

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

axeil posted:

Aw poo poo. That sounds really sad.

Did you find guilty or not guilty?

Guilty. Prosecution wanted rape, but couldn't prove that actual intercourse happened. The state allows the jury to find on a lesser charge, so the prosecution going for the strongest charge makes sense, maybe they get it but if not they lay out the case for everything below too.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

shyduck posted:

No stupid poo poo tonight bradford, you retarded, Goofy, cross-eyed looking bitch

:eyepop:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I miss Faith Hill...

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

shyduck posted:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Madcosby posted:

It is correct to toss out Bayesian Statistics in court. Using statistics to hone down on a suspect during an investigation is fine, but using it to define guilt or innocence is not comparable. Sorry yall

wrong

using statistics to evaluate the reliability of a witness to challenge their testimony is brilliant and should have been admissible

there are ways prosecutors can misuse statistics but that sounds like it's exactly the sort of testimony that should go in

also to get out of jury duty I just talked about a recent case my firm won overturning a conviction for prosecutors hiding evidence

they hustled me out of there pretty quick after that

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That Sam Bradford picture.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Winkie01 posted:

Game gonna suck dick here is the important part:

I have to report to court tomorrow to see if they pick me for Jury Duty, what the gently caress do I have to do to get out of it? My grandma just said go in and be a giant racist, is it really that easy?

Golf lol

have u tried not being a piece of poo poo and doing ur civic duty instead

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I just got back from a wedding. How was football today.

Against all odds, downhill after London.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The NFC East was exactly what you would expect.

Otherwise:

Qwijib0 posted:

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Soothing Vapors posted:

have u tried not being a piece of poo poo and doing ur civic duty instead

lol no

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Qwijib0 posted:

London games own for some reason

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

axeil posted:

I miss Faith Hill...

Hashtag bringbackfaith

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

shyduck posted:

edp saying what we were all thinking

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Hunterhr posted:

Lawyers want blank slates for jurors. Simple farmers, people of the land, the common clay of the new west.

You know, morons.

Goons are as stupid as anyone else, they just know bigger words

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Btw the wedding soundtrack was entirely music from Final Fantasy. The first dance was the FFX theme. Discuss.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

We started the day with actual crap-talking fantasy football commentators during a game, saw the Saints win, and then saw the Cowboys lose four straight in a row.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
hey so a -3 panthers spread is the most laughable thing in the universe

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
country "music"

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

gosh i wonder why the jury system in america is so incredibly broken and juries are peopled only by the kinds of human excrement who shouldn't be trusted with dogsitting

you piece of poo poo

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Btw the wedding soundtrack was entirely music from Final Fantasy. The first dance was the FFX theme. Discuss.

How goony were the bride and groom?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

jk i still love u winkie

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

thoughts:

suteki da ne
futari te wo tori aruketa nara
ikitai yo
KIMI no machi ie ude no naka

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Mel Mudkiper posted:

was it a dream?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

axeil posted:

How goony were the bride and groom?

Stealth goon

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Soothing Vapors posted:

gosh i wonder why the jury system in america is so incredibly broken and juries are peopled only by the kinds of human excrement who shouldn't be trusted with dogsitting

you piece of poo poo

The Jury System is broke because the court system is unjust and not trustworthy just like your wife

Soothing Vapors posted:

jk i still love u winkie

well drat now I feel bad :negative:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Figure out a plausible reason you can't judge fairly.

I got stuck on a jury for a 5 day medical malpractice case. It was interesting and in the end we awarded the woman close to $3m, but not sure it was worth losing a week over.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Winkie01 posted:

The Jury System is broke because the court system is unjust and not trustworthy just like your wife

pretty rude

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I have a terrible feeling about this game.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Winkie in honor of your upcoming jury duty, please only post pictures of judges tonight. Judge Wapner, Judge Judy.....

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Stealth goon

How do you mean?

Like he had a really bad haircut and she was into anime or what?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

axeil posted:

How goony fat were the bride and groom?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Winkie in honor of your upcoming jury duty, please only post pictures of judges tonight. Judge Wapner, Judge Judy.....

Mock Trial with J. Reinhold

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Stealth goon

So he looks like a normal guy but he wears a fedora and vest over a tshirt?

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
did they cut the cake with a gunblade

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

axeil posted:

How? The defense was attempting to show that the witness really wasn't as certain as she said she was. Seems legitimate to me.

I mean witness testimony is garbage anyway, but I don't see anything wrong with pointing out that, statistically, the person on the stand isn't absolutely right.

First, let's understand that bayesian stats is the probability of measurable events, assuming a condition has occurred.

Now an example:

The facts: Your wife is murdered by a home intruder while you are on a lonely fishing trip. She just signed a primo life insurance plan.

You are completely innocent.

The investigation: The police are going by "logic" to make you their prime suspect. Here logic means, "the usual". Since a majority of murders are done by somone the victim knows, you are more likely the murderer (b. stats). Since she just signed a life insurance policy, you have more motive towards seeing here dead (b. stats, again) etc.

The case: The same exact evidence above is shown, asking jurors to hang on to "logic" since the probabilities all point to you being the murderer. However, note that we haven't concluded anything at all, execpt that statistically, you are the most likely to have done it, essentially the circular reasoning why you are on trial in the first place. Using the same logical reasoning for investigating you and convicting you does not address your role in the murder.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

zimbomonkey posted:

I have a terrible feeling about this game.

I feel pretty good about it overall, but the Panthers In Primetime is always a nerve-wracking event.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Dis a bad matchup and I will watch all of it. Mostly.

Namaste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

tranime scholar posted:

did they cut the cake with a gunblade

• Locked thread