Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yudo
May 15, 2003

Quarex posted:

A shame that we raise our boys to prioritize stoic denial and physical strength over actually useful life skills.

a bigger problem is that we teach boys that anger is the only appropriate and manly emotion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
tghe devil is most often pictured as a white man in a suit

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Quarex posted:

A shame that we raise our boys to prioritize stoic denial and physical strength over actually useful life skills.

If only there were a movement that brought to light the vile ways that gendered expectations damage children all through their lives and sought to end such hurtful normative behavior modification... alas, such a movement will surely never exist, or these men would embrace it wholeheartedly

this but unironically

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

The Whole Internet posted:

this but unironically
The Whole Internet has spoken; feminism does not exist

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
instead of coming up with innumerable hints to help the apes solve the riddle of opening a door to get a banana, why not simply retire our attempts to make them do tricks beyond their ability and breed fewer apes in the future

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
I'm going to catch up with you about this right after the first romance movie comes out where the physically wimpy male lead cries a lot at every setback and all the women I know talk about how sexy he is for a month

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

opinions are like assholes everyone' s got one so they are the basis of democracy and also they are good places to gently caress

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

what i'm saying is if we went over to a anally based sexual society things would probably equilibrate real quick

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

Tujague posted:

I'm going to catch up with you about this right after the first romance movie comes out where the physically wimpy male lead cries a lot at every setback and all the women I know talk about how sexy he is for a month

women didn't love hayden christensen in star wars?

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Tujague posted:

maybe instead of complaining that women don't like ugly broken wimps why not become what they like if your loneliness is so crushing

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Roy posted:

Won't work, women can smell beta genes.

Liquid: Les enfants terribles. You're fine. You got all of manhood's alpha genes. I got all the flawed, beta genes. Everything was done so that you would be the most charming of his children. The only reason I exist is so they could create you.

Snake: I was the favorite, huh.

Liquid: That's right! I'm just the leftovers of what they used to make you! Can you understand what it's like to know that you're garbage since the day you were born!? But... I'm a supreme gentleman.

Snake: ...So that's why you're so obsessed with pickup artists and the red pill? Some warped kind of love?

Liquid: Love!? It's hate!! Women always told me I was inferior and now I'll have my revenge!!

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Quarex posted:

If only there were a movement that brought to light the vile ways that gendered expectations damage children all through their lives and sought to end such hurtful normative behavior modification... alas, such a movement will surely never exist, or these men would embrace it wholeheartedly

What are you talking about, facism has been around since 1920

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

many johnnys posted:

Liquid: Les enfants terribles. You're fine. You got all of manhood's alpha genes. I got all the flawed, beta genes. Everything was done so that you would be the most charming of his children. The only reason I exist is so they could create you.

Liquid: That's right! I'm just the leftovers of what they used to make you! Can you understand what it's like to know that you're garbage since the day you were born!? But... I'm a supreme gentleman.

Snake: ...So that's why you're so obsessed with pickup artists and the red pill? Some warped kind of love?

Liquid: Love!? It's hate!! Women always told me I was inferior and now I'll have my revenge!!

i want to be able to make my font look like hideo kojima's insane rambling

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
so are these websites that virgins go to feel good about themselves or what

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

no they will never feel good about themselves these sites feed their revenge fantasies

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

havbe you seen trailers for upcming dicaprio vehicle The Revenant? that is basically what MRAs think they live 24/7

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

nomadologique posted:

havbe you seen trailers for upcming dicaprio vehicle The Revenant? that is basically what MRAs think they live 24/7

does leo eat any rear end in that movie

asking for a very hungry friend

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

loads of overwrought closeups, bad hygiene, a world populated edntirely by men doing battle over semi mythical women, compassionless wilderness conquered only by strength of will, etc

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

supermechagodzilla you can have this reading in advance if you want bud, free of charge

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

nomadologique posted:

loads of overwrought closeups, bad hygiene, a world populated edntirely by men doing battle over semi mythical women, compassionless wilderness conquered only by strength of will, etc

oh, so Linux Con, got it

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

ElGroucho posted:

does leo eat any rear end in that movie

asking for a very hungry friend

it could explain why his teeth are crusted in poo poo the entire time yes

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Is this where I brag about both being functional as human and being in a healthy relationship?

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Men are subject to conscription :qq:

How many of these MRA-type idiots are also sure that women aren't fit to serve because of :biotruths:

Laughing_Stock
Jun 19, 2008

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Is this where I brag about both being functional as human and being in a healthy relationship?

I mean if you want to go for it.

The Cubelodyte posted:

How many of these MRA-type idiots are also sure that women aren't fit to serve because of :biotruths:

There's an interesting military produced study on the increased risk of repetitive stress injuries for women that go through combat training (it's basically double that of men), but even if say you could prove that men are typically 10% better in combat arms roles I still don't see why you wouldn't want to draft as many Soldiers as possible if things came down to that.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Quarex posted:

The Whole Internet has spoken; feminism does not exist

for all practical purposes, your version of feminism doesn't

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Laughing_Stock posted:

There's an interesting military produced study on the increased risk of repetitive stress injuries for women that go through combat training (it's basically double that of men), but even if say you could prove that men are typically 10% better in combat arms roles I still don't see why you wouldn't want to draft as many Soldiers as possible if things came down to that.
This is the point I used to make when discussing feminist theory and gender roles generally in my classes. The bell curves of things like physical strength or sprinting time/endurance running speed/et cetera of men and women are obviously different, but also contain considerable overlap; I never had a single student take a stab at why the women who were as strong and as fast as the slightly less strong and fast men should be kept out of the military, when even the weakest and slowest men could still TRY to join (even if that particular man would undoubtedly not make it). Well, for purely physical reasons.

Granted you would have to be weird to claim that having women and men serve alongside each other as equals in combat will be free of negative side effects. But the impact would almost certainly lessen over time as the idea became more generally accepted, and people who grew up in a world without segregated armed forces would wonder why in the world we ever thought it was a controversial idea. Plus, as you say/imply, the armed forces are not exactly having an easy time recruiting these days (anyone else hear about the 5,000 slots just opened up for formerly undocumented migrants?), so the more potential recruits the better.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
Butt

Laughing_Stock
Jun 19, 2008

Quarex posted:

This is the point I used to make when discussing feminist theory and gender roles generally in my classes. The bell curves of things like physical strength or sprinting time/endurance running speed/et cetera of men and women are obviously different, but also contain considerable overlap; I never had a single student take a stab at why the women who were as strong and as fast as the slightly less strong and fast men should be kept out of the military, when even the weakest and slowest men could still TRY to join (even if that particular man would undoubtedly not make it). Well, for purely physical reasons.

Granted you would have to be weird to claim that having women and men serve alongside each other as equals in combat will be free of negative side effects. But the impact would almost certainly lessen over time as the idea became more generally accepted, and people who grew up in a world without segregated armed forces would wonder why in the world we ever thought it was a controversial idea. Plus, as you say/imply, the armed forces are not exactly having an easy time recruiting these days (anyone else hear about the 5,000 slots just opened up for formerly undocumented migrants?), so the more potential recruits the better.

Yeah, the military goes to great lengths to try to prove that men are better in combat roles. And guess what? They actually are, but the difference is pretty marginal, at least in my opinion, when it comes down to it.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Quarex posted:

Oh poop balls my girlfriend was in the military, is she actually a man from the manosphere??

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

many johnnys posted:

You don't have to rewrite anything, Liquid is canonically a beta bitch that everyone hates

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Blockade posted:

Oh poop balls my girlfriend was in the military, is she actually a man from the manosphere??

Yep.

Ive seen her at the meetings.

Laughing_Stock
Jun 19, 2008

Blockade posted:

Yeah man you need to inspect her sex parts. If she has a dick it's definitely a dude. If it's a weird looking vagina it might be a mutilated dick transformed into a vagina through the magic of medical science. Post photos if you need any help.

Oh yeah and your girlfriend probably hosed like 10 dudes on deployment, sorry dude. At least you're not married to a stripper like that other guy.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Laughing_Stock posted:

Oh yeah and your girlfriend probably hosed like 10 dudes on deployment, sorry dude. At least you're not married to a stripper like that other guy.

Whole lotta dude fuckin' on deployments/TDY.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
worldstar

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Laughing_Stock posted:

Yeah man you need to inspect her sex parts. If she has a dick it's definitely a dude. If it's a weird looking vagina it might be a mutilated dick transformed into a vagina through the magic of medical science. Post photos if you need any help.

I met her after she got out. Also good for her if so

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Frankenstyle posted:

Yeah.

Bitches...

thanks for reminding me to watch stewart lee stuff

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
*reads stats about inequality facing women or minorities*
Welly you see, in the hunter gatherer stage of evolution it was the job of women and black people to blahblahblahblah and that's why we don't let women in our field of work

*reads about an instance where women have an advantage*
This is obviously an outrage and unfair.

what happened to your :biotruths: now

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

god drat those sure are a lot of words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Quarex posted:

I'll take a stab at this.

The reason to prevent women from combat roles is because combat units need cohesion, and dedication to hierarchy and to whatever the mission is paramount. Inserting a woman into this environment complicates things because it inevitably introduces sexual tension and conflict, however overt. Maybe 26 year old Marine Sally will develop hotness and feelings for her very alpha male Sergeant she reports to and and vice versa leading to all sorts of complications. When the units are all males, these sort of things don't occur as 99% of the soldiers are heterosexuals and even the gay ones, should they develop crushes, have no hope of "turning" the object of their affection so they just know to keep their desires private. Marine Sally on the other hand can't conceal her flushed cheeks whenever the Sergeant she's attracted to addresses her and this causes sexual jealousy in the other males and ends up undermining troop cohesion.

• Locked thread