Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Apparently the army is actually a 50s black and white romance film

edit: man it's too bad literally every single other first world country allows women in combat roles, they've devolved to chaos! CHOAS!!!

edit2: *blushes at handsome rugged sarg*

The Fattest PI fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Oct 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

starry skies above posted:

I'll take a stab at this.

The reason to prevent women from combat roles is because combat units need cohesion, and dedication to hierarchy and to whatever the mission is paramount. Inserting a woman into this environment complicates things because it inevitably introduces sexual tension and conflict, however overt. Maybe 26 year old Marine Sally will develop hotness and feelings for her very alpha male Sergeant she reports to and and vice versa leading to all sorts of complications. When the units are all males, these sort of things don't occur as 99% of the soldiers are heterosexuals and even the gay ones, should they develop crushes, have no hope of "turning" the object of their affection so they just know to keep their desires private. Marine Sally on the other hand can't conceal her flushed cheeks whenever the Sergeant she's attracted to addresses her and this causes sexual jealousy in the other males and ends up undermining troop cohesion.

there's one girl in my office and she's constantly begging us to run train on her

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
So "male mother need" means that, when these dudes try to picture a normal sexual relationship, their first thought is of incestuous union with their domineering mothers?

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

So "male mother need" means that, when these dudes try to picture a normal sexual relationship, their first thought is of incestuous union with their domineering mothers?

Bingo dingo!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

psyopmonkey posted:

Bingo dingo!

gently caress off, creep

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

No it means that society and culture make men desperate for approval by women. It is this same sort of desperation for female approval that makes "lol sexless loser" such a devastating put down.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

No it means that society and culture make men desperate for approval by women. It is this same sort of desperation for female approval that makes "lol sexless loser" such a devastating put down.

It doesn't say woman. It says mother.

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot
manosphere? more like manuresphere amirite

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

please respect the manosphere

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
freud proved male mother need by licking his nurse's tits and then substituting his mom for his nurse in all of his work.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
TWO MANOS ENTER
ONE MANO LEAVES

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Is there a female version of this in your, uh, lexicon?

If so, does it involve the phrases 'cock carousel' or 'sexual marketplace?

If so, never mind. If not, please share, kinda interested in what it would be

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

guys i just realized that the hbo show true blood is all about this poo poo check it out. sookie dates all these super buff vampire dudes because she's a slut and then like her grandmas ghost tells her to settle down and the last scene of the show is her pregnant with some alpha seed while her beta bux takes care of it HOLY poo poo

THAT oval office

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I know it's not cool to serious post, but whatevs.

Some MRA issues are understandable. Guys in bad divorce situations with kids in particular deserve sympathy. And there really are unfair situation and pressures that men have to face.

But you'd have to be completely mental not to see all the unfair things women have to face as well. There isn't some vast conspiracy to devalue men, just like no one but religious crazies want to subjugate women.

Why does everyone have to be so belligerent?

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot
Are you guys familiar with the most eloquent youtube MGTOW personality -- Bar Bar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9zCoDCVyxA

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Are you guys familiar with the most eloquent youtube MGTOW personality -- Bar Bar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9zCoDCVyxA

"His desire for reproduction". None of these people have ever been in a real relationship have they?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

lol sexless loser

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Pretty sure it's well known that men and women on military bases gently caress all the time (consensually, though i expect occasionally not, sadly) and I imagine being able to get laid on the reg when you were in iraq or afghanistan or you're stuck in one of america's many bases worldwide is really good for morale.

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot

The Saurus posted:

Pretty sure it's well known that men and women on military bases gently caress all the time (consensually, though i expect occasionally not, sadly) and I imagine being able to get laid on the reg when you were in iraq or afghanistan or you're stuck in one of america's many bases worldwide is really good for morale.

except for the part where the male soldiers are more likely to resort to war crimes when their female comrades who they were loving take a bullet in the belly, a belly that might've contained the child of any of the soldiers who creamed inside her because why not they're at war

what then?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

except for the part where the male soldiers are more likely to resort to war crimes when their female comrades who they were loving take a bullet in the belly, a belly that might've contained the child of any of the soldiers who creamed inside her because why not they're at war

what then?

You are patently furiously beating your tiny bent weird wiener as you come up with insane hypothetical examples to support your MEN=GOOD WOMAN=UNGOOD sadbrains philosophy and are fooling no-one.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Is there a female version of this in your, uh, lexicon?

If so, does it involve the phrases 'cock carousel' or 'sexual marketplace?

If so, never mind. If not, please share, kinda interested in what it would be

I'd say women who make themselves seem dumber than they are in order to get attention from some guy would be one example of the female version.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Is there a manosphere of adorable twinks that get together to touch butts? Cause that's a manosphere I want to be a part of.

Modest Mauser
Oct 28, 2009

It is a shame that no one has taken a stab at you, idiot.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Roy posted:

I'd say women who make themselves seem dumber than they are in order to get attention from some guy would be one example of the female version.

don't forget the type who tries to get into a male dominated hobby for pretty much the same reason

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

what then?

Yeah because soldiers behave like angels now

also I'm pretttttttty sure birth control is small and can be supplied, nevermind long-term BC options like the implant, IUDs, etc

Next you're gonna do the "IT COSTS SO MUCH TO SHIP TAMPONS YOU GUYS" bit

Roy posted:

I meant a female version of the male-mother bullshit. Not just women doing weird/dumb poo poo.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Next you're gonna do the "IT COSTS SO MUCH TO SHIP TAMPONS YOU GUYS" bit

That's silly and completely ignores the real problem. Which would be the way boy soldiers get distracted by the girl soldiers boobs jiggling when they fire machine guns.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

I googled 'male mother need' and every explanation an MRA attempts to provide dodges past the part where it's loving called 'male mother need' and goes right to the generic 'love is a fantasy perpetuated by women to control you'.

Some even attempt to simply rename it 'the ideal woman fantasy'. Apparently, you need to do a lot of jabbering about made-up terminology to justify the belief that The Womz have stolen your mind.

Modest Mauser
Oct 28, 2009

Hbomberguy posted:

'the ideal woman fantasy'.

I mean I was already aware that MRA creeps really did not understand women at all, but that is pretty hilarious.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

You know how maybe the fantasy of a One True Love is something that seems nice, but it's ultimately a destructive thing to search for that doesn't end well, because in reality we're all flawed humans and need to learn to compromise?

MRAs believe this fantasy is knowingly perpetuated by women (all women everywhere somehow, including their own mothers) so they can control their minds. A gigantic conspiracy. They've invented a worldview based on self-actualisation while simultaneously being totally crippled by the fear that someone else is really in control of your very thoughts and beliefs. The Women Have Stolen My Mind.

It's a very common reaction to discovering you've believed a lie - rather than accept your own mistake for believing it and getting burned, it feels far more empowering to decide that you were simply misled by some devious Other. It's a pretty classic form of projection, so classic that Philosophers like Weininger have been writing about the idiocy of this exact reaction since, like, the 1800s. I can only assume red pills purposefully don't read that much about the issues they pretend ot be concerned with, so they can continue to feel radical and smart about it. If you're dumb enough, any idea can seem new and fresh, even the one where women are devil jews.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
all men but me should go their own way, in my opinion

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Hbomberguy posted:

Some even attempt to simply rename it 'the ideal woman fantasy'. Apparently, you need to do a lot of jabbering about made-up terminology to justify the belief that The Womz have stolen your mind.

The ideal :wom:an

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I know of one man, there are no others like him. The perfect man, the perfect leader, the perfect athlete. The ultimate combination of strength and cunning and leadership and grace.

His name.... ........ Must not be mentioned on these forums ):

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

it seems easier to complain about how society wants things from you than to do the things they want. what a coincidence

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

manosphere? more like manuresphere amirite

Yes

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

Note the very specific wording. It's not "I am desperate for women's approval, and should change this about myself", but "Society has MADE me desperate for this approval." The only real solution is to reconstitute society so completely that women could never corrupt anyone ever again. Put them back in their place...

Women become like the Jews in white-supremacist paraphernalia of old. It's no surprise that the same people who profess MRA, MGTOW, or red pills invariably love to talk about the 'cultural marxists' and 'race realism'.

what then?
"Women are bad, because look at what MEN might do if something bad happens to them."
You're making the opposite point to what you think you're making. You seem to be claiming that men shouldn't be allowed in the military because they can easily be misled into committing war crimes. It sounds like women would do a better job.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
I have the midterm for Advanced Manosphere Theory coming up and I missed the last session, is anyone else here enrolled for section 03?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Leroy Dennui posted:

I have the midterm for Advanced Manosphere Theory coming up and I missed the last session, is anyone else here enrolled for section 03?

You're just taking the class to attract guys! GTFO

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
What's the mental disorder called where you feel compelled to post and discuss feminism and MRAs constantly? "Retarded"? "Jonpopitis"?

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Pththya-lyi posted:

You're just taking the class to attract guys! GTFO

Ugh, I am so dropping my minor in Men's Studies if I keep getting harassment like this. :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Leroy Dennui posted:

I think we talked about how Vaginas are really the brain and how mom wouldn't let me punch my little sister

• Locked thread