Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

skaboomizzy posted:

I love how pants-shittingly terrified they are that someone else would dare to interact with them in a video game or even on a message board in a disagreeable (to them) manner. How do these people function in the outside world where someone might dare to tell them "no" or "I'm sorry, your fursuit is not acceptable to wear to the office for casual Friday"?

"Look i'm just HYPOTHETICALLY (pathetically) saying that MAAAAAYBE, like, possibly....n-no don't b-b-ban MEEEEEE! 'll be good!! I swear!"
They're like hostages with AK's pointed at them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Toops posted:

All I heard were a handful of mental retards trying to sneak the credit card out of their wives' purses while tugging HARD on their ballsacks.

Quote :

Kurt Maverick 2 days ago
Damnit CiG. I thought it was physically impossible to win at life, and you did it!

Jesus.........

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

I still think we are at the very start of the bad news for Citizens.
All that's playable now are some corridors and a couple of janky ships and everything is broken / boring as gently caress.
I firmly believe that for every new thing added there will be a dozen ways in which it is poo poo.

What little there is now is exactly what little there will be in the future,and they'll STILL find a way to defend it.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Space racists, space racists everywhere......

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

wreckage88- Freelancer 129 points 11 hours ago

"Actually this is a great thing, the more people break and get passed in game mechanics the better CIG can fix them." Putting a whole lot of faith on the dev's there bud.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

EminusSleepus posted:

But but goons ruin everything.

And a few posts down from that there's someone saying "Your not reporting this the right way, problems like this are your fault, you're dead weight."

I poo poo thee nay, he actually called him deadweight.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

"A dickhead and his scammer deserve each other."

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

We wouldn't look so bad if....if.... *sniff* those lovely poo heads weren't making fun of our *not actually a game or anything even remotely resembling a game* game.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Star citizen : I don't wanna be molested, end of story.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

So he's supposed to be sat down and making a cool entrance on his swivelly chair ,But the physics are screwing it up? Wouldn't that be super easy to fix? And yet.........

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

BU THE GAME DOES NOT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORKKK!!! AAAAAAHHHHH!!
This guy who says it's working needs to go and film himself "playing" this "game" and show me, categorically, how this game works.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Scruffpuff posted:

I'm thinking of designing a game myself, and I've decided to use SC as a business template. So far my priorities are outlined as follows:

1) House, cars, vacations, coffee machines
2) Mocap studios
3) International offices
4) Sycophants

That should cover the foundation. Next up:

5) JPEGs
6) Fidelity
7) Head bob
8) Livestreaming

Once that is in place, from what I've learned, I can consider the game shipped. However, since quality is job 1, I want to go above and beyond for my future customers. I've added some stretch goals:

- A game engine
- Physics
- An economy
- A game

Once all that is completed, I'm hoping to finish it off with a design document.

Anyone on board with this?

I don't see no pizza, I'm out, taking my space money with me.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

KiddieGrinder posted:

Croberts.jpg - 2015

Getting a Kim jong vibe from this..... or is it chairman mao?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Griefing shouldn't be a ten step process. But hey more power to them if they think that's sticking it to the griefers *thumbs up*

Eight step process ,not ten.

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Dec 24, 2015

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Libluini posted:

It's interesting to see how the mentally ill are always entranced by their own fake psychoanalysis, even though all they do is constructing weird conspiracy theories in their head.

No but you see he's totally legit because he cares about a complete stranger on the internet and he's diagnosed him and he knows real people with mental illness and and and.....

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Libluini posted:

The human mind is one of the most complex things someone could possible have to deal with. People who think they can analyze some stranger's mind over the internet are just the worst. Could you imagine some random dumbass shouldering a bomb disposal expert aside going "I got this, don't worry! I'm smart, you know? Watched a lot of movies and poo poo."

Star Citizens would see no problem with this. They'd probably start to wrestle each other to reach the bomb first if they'd ever encounter this case.

Haha "Hey doc you sure you know how to do this brain surgery thing? Look just gimme the scalp- no get off look I watched ER like a hundred times I know what i'm doi-...oh NOW LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE,loving amateur"

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

YOU MONSTERS, I BET YOU STEAL CANDY FROM A BABY TOO!

Man if only this guy could relax by....oh I don't know.....playing a game...like star citizen, oh wait......there's no such thing HA!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

That does sound cool, not going to happen though, but an idea like this is better than "uugh running is unrealistic everyone should walk."

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

grimcreaper posted:

The scary part about this is that, when dealing with a normal game and fan base it's just a fun thought... but with Star Citizens it's literally something they are forcing into how they think the game will actually operate. They truly believe that everything they imagine is going into the game and it's going to be almost heart breaking when they begin to commit Sudoku in the of Christ Roberts.

Well didn't you hear? CIG got over a million dollars so that means they have no choice but to make the most special snowflake game ever all for me and my special delicate snowflake imagination, that's just science man.
But yeah I totally know what you mean, it's cool to imagine what your own perfect game could be, but we know things don't work like that....ever......

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

And yeah it is weird looking through footage just to slag some guys teeth off, seriously.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Piece from the Farticle :

A huge milestone towards achieving this goal was the release of Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 earlier this month, with the ability to play in a huge area (the biggest yet in gaming thanks to 64 bit floating point positional coordinates) and offering up all of these exciting options in that world: walking around a space station on foot or boarding a space ship by yourself or with friends… walk around that ship and/or have your friends man various stations while you are flying… fly thousands or even hundreds of thousands of kilometers, engage in ship to ship combat against AI or other players, exit your ship to EVA and explore space stations… engage in FPS combat (on foot or in EVA), rescue stranded players, perform various missions. All of this happens seamlessly without loading screens at a fidelity and scale that has not been seen before in any game.

Can someone confirm how much of this is true? And how much is carefully worded bs?

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Dec 24, 2015

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Tippis posted:

Just the ones I know of off the top of my head:

- Biggest area in gaming: false, but exactly what beats it depends on what he means. Elite has a far larger world (not E:D — Elite… the one from '84). EVE has far larger local grids (ranging from 16Mm to 100Mm across).
- Fidelity: inherently false. “Fidelity” assumes that there is something real to replicate; nothing in SC has even the slightest connection to reality. Its physics would make Aristotle go “yeah, you've misunderstood something here…” and he'd be right — never mind anyone who's born after Newton.
- Scale: what does he mean? If it's just a repetition of “biggest” then it is false for the same reason as before.
- Seamlessness: if he just means a lack of loading screens, then EVE is once again more seamless. Also, you have to wonder how much is them just hiding loading behind their omnipresent canned animations…

Someone needs to make a youtube video of the points listed in the article and just cut to shots of cr looking confused and angry at his computer trying to get all of it to work.
Crickets in the background and canned laughter.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Just imagine if they'd never actually raised $100 million, it was all just fabricated bullshit.

"Once they see the 10 hours of gary oldman gurning his way through my loving amazing script, they'll see....THEY'LL ALL SEE!, We'll be rich!"

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Tippis posted:

…I also wonder what he means by “fly thousands or even hundreds of thousands of kilometers”.

What is he referencing here? Is it system size? Grid size? …world size? How far you can fly before the position vector overflows and starts executing arbitrary code on the server?

l'll bet you 100 million space £'s and 10 space jpegs he didn't write the article himself, it'll be some intern whipping boy that got pushed into writing it.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Romes128 posted:

Yeah it took 8 hours to write his rant against the Escapist and derek smart. Who knows how long it would take him to write something coherent.

It's been how many years now and he doesn't know how to control his own game, that's why there's such a breakdown in communication he doesn't know what day it is.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Happy Sisyphus posted:

excuse me you have to be tollerant about intollerance :colbert:

It's bad that all these gays are making GBS threads everything up with their beliefs, get rid of them.....but my belief about the gays is totally ok so just like consider my beliefs the right beliefs yeah?

It's like a never-ending black hole of stupidity.

Star citizen 2 : Ain't no gays in space

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

resident evil 2 : you can shoot zombies, you can solve puzzles, you get cool guns.
metal gear solid : You can sneak around, you can shoot baddies (if you want)You can watch cool guys do cool poo poo in cool expensive cutscenes.
Minecraft : build anything you want, interact with other players, marvel at your creations, endless replayability.

That's 3 massively popular games condensed into extremely simple descriptions

Star citizen : You can fly (poorly)You can run(when your not falling into the ground) You can't really interact with anything, you can't really go anywhere, or do anything...

GOTY. You know where to spend your money goons, get spending.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

I think what baffles me the most is that these people seem incapable of thinking outside the box they themselves designed. They are completely unable to grasp the idea that any pirate would kill his victims rather than taking them alive because it would damage their reputation, or that any pilot being boarded would self-destruct and kill everyone even if it costs him more money. They seem to think people will follow an ingame money/reputation cost/benefit chart mechanically instead of having predictable human reactions like "it might cost me more this way but I'll make sure you assholes also lose money in this attack" or "I rather kill everyone on board rather than take like prisoners" (where to???).

All of these dreams are going to face a very harsh reality the minute they face actual human opponents with human motivations that might go beyond increased ingame insurance costs or some such nonsense.

Because every dingbat who's actually thrown money at this game (no offense to anyone on here, most people on here just seem to be curious/regretful not fanatical) seems to think that when they roleplay a certain way that everyone will roleplay around that and not try and do their own thing.
Because the makers have said yes to basically every stupid suggestion , the people who are invested seem to think their every whim and game idea will be catered to, it's going to be hilarious when absoloutely none of it comes to fruition.
There's going to be a lot of "UGGH YOU'RE NOT PLAYING THE GAME THE RIGHT WAY, STOP IT!" gnashing of teeth.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I recently did a wedding for a couple that was renewing their vows after 25 years together. I like to write something unique for each wedding I do, and I wanted to celebrate their time together. I've been glued to SC recently (just truly discovered it) and this is what I wrote. Forgive the extreme cheese factor, it's a wedding :) (names are removed) ____ and ____ have been together for 25 years. That’s 9,125 days together as husband and wife. What a wonderful, memory filled journey that must be.

I often imagine life as a night sky. A background dotted with motes of light both bright and dim. Like a night sky, the backgrounds of our lives are full of memories both strong and distant. Longfellow said, “Silently, one by one, in the infinite meadows of heaven, blossomed the lovely stars,” and so do we make new memories each day to add more pinholes of light to that vast background, a collection of experiences that helps define who we are and who we will be.

Our view of this sky is different than all other’s, as we see it from the spot in which we stand, a perspective unique to each. Gazing out at that vast sea of black with small islands of light, it can be easy to feel lonely or overwhelmed by the vastness that stretches out on all sides. Is this how we were meant to see, alone in this vast ocean of memory? I think the answer lies in this: on occasions when we give pause and gaze upwards at the same time as the person next to us something interesting happens. We share our perspective, we marvel together at the beauty in those distant, shining lights. We see through each other’s eyes and perspectives and take more joy than we would ever find on our own. We clasp each other’s hands and take delight in all of those stars above and all of their light.

9,125 days. That’s a sea of light that they can both look up at together, sharing each moment at its creation and later in its distant reflection. We should all envy that and hope that one day we are able to see the same sights. We’re all so happy that we could be here to help you celebrate your togetherness, in the past, the present, and for your future. We’re so happy to see you renew this commitment to make and share a million more moments, afloat forever on this sea of memories.

Get gary oldman to read this and I MIGHT be impressed *armcross* But seriously that's very sweet, good job :]

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

MMMM gotta suck that space dick! Can I fondle your balls master chris? Maybe tongue your butthole?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Breetai posted:

Okay so let's say some of these people get their wish and piracy works the way they want i.e. 'honourable' pirates who generally don't kill you.

You get captured. Here's your options.

1. You are instantly 'ransomed' and immediately appear in a nearby space station. Ruins immersion. Unacceptable.

2. You are captured and have to stay on the pirate ship until they deliver you somewhere to ransom you. Enjoy not doing anything in this game you dropped $30k on for an undefined amount of hours until they get around to dropping you off, I guess.

3. You are captured. Goons leave you in the cell forever and leave the ship you're in in low/decaying orbit.

The only rational approach to being beaten but not killed by a pirate becomes immediate suicide, lest you are stuck in a jail cell indefinitely. All you've done is remove the need for the pirates to waste the bullet.

See you in the 'verse.

Uhhhhh EXCUSE ME, have we forgotten that this is star citizen we're talking about? a game where anything is possible?

OBVIOUSLY because you can do anything you want that means you can just make yourself a device that makes sitting still for 3 hours incredibly fun and exciting, I mean come on have you not learned anything by now? yeeesh

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Merry Christmas and a happy new year, this is the best thread ever.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Frankieonpcin1080p plays star citizen : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvCFb_cS2gY

Somehow it runs well for him, doesn't look too bad but I'm only 5 minutes in.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Dongattack posted:

Frankie is that guy that pretty much only does heavily sponsored videos and tries to take peoples youtube channels down with DMC claims or whatever its called if they criticize him, imho he is perfect for star citizen

Ah that's a shame, I've been enjoying his dayZ videos for a few weeks now and he seems decent, if a bit pretentious in game.
The video was alright but no one can ever make this game seem interesting, it's like what i'd imagine a sci-fi movie directed by Alan partridge would be like.All superfluous nonsense on the screen and overcluttered HUDs galore.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

ohsosad posted:

Standalone Ship - Endeavor Master Set is $900 and that will give me a ship with general science, a big telescope and some bio-domes.

I'm not really sure what any of that means but it sounds great.
Cya in the 'verse citizens you will see me doing general science on launch.

Go spend that money on feeding the poor or something, make a difference in someone's life, don't give it to scam artists. (I'm sort of joking but sort of not really)

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Dongattack posted:

I enjoyed him too until i stumbled on what goes on behind the curtain. Basically most of the stuff in the DayZ videos is heavily edited in post production, when you hear him go like "hey mate, hey there, put down your gun pls friendz", that's added in post and he usually smackstalk them or just gun them down in reality. One of the players he did that too and edited it to make himself seem like a saint in post was actually a streamer and posted a youtube of what happened on his end where frankie yells poo poo at him, mows him down and laughs at him or whatever. Then Frankie tried to copyright claim his video and shut down his channel.

There were also some videos with "proof" (i cant tell cause im bad at games) of him hacking in DayZ and CS:GO and he did the same with those.

This combined with all the sponsored poo poo makes him suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper shifty to me.

Basically this man is perfect as the face for SC.

Ahh gently caress that guy then,i like dayZ videos but most players just come across as pub bores "Oh I can tell the sound of a gun from 10 miles away ughhhurgh tactical hardon!" *splooooge*

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

The state of videogamers in the year of our lord 2015, everything must be explained because there's just not enough pointless poo poo in the world, now it has to be in games as well.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Star citizen 2 : brain development after whatever tragic accident we all suffered

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

hakimashou posted:

I had a friend over last night and we got drunk and I showed him Star Citizen .

First I showed him the jank and it was pretty bad.

Then someone spawned one of the big black B-1 bomber looking ships and i flew my red rocket fighter plane thing under it and self destructed.

It made the nose end of the big black ship rock up into the air, once it got high enough, it was like the whole ship was sucked away by a vacuum cleaner, it just went zooop and was gone.

Then I showed him stealing other people's ships.

He agreed never to spend any money on it.

Star citizen 2 : I had a friend over last night and we got drunk and I showed him star citizen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Raged posted:

Dear lord Ben is such a disgusting obese pig. When he lifts his arms up(towards the end of ATV)and the fat flaps hang off I just want to vomit. He look like he is wearing a wing suit made of flesh.

If you are reading this you pig you would have made a good abortion.

Yeah you really showed that complete stranger that you've never met, good job?

• Locked thread