Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Rune Story, apparently one of the biggest mobile games in Japan behind PAD. Over there it's known as White Cat Project(wtf mate^^?). It's an action RPG game kind of sorta like Diablo.

^v^v^ANDROID LINK^v^v^
apple link

Gameplay video

JP WIKI

GOON SQUAD NAME LIST, please add yourself if you are in the main guild only.

It's in a pretty good state for the global launch. Obviously far behind the state of the Japanese game currently, but there's still a lot to do. In this game the premium currency is only for rolling the gatcha for more units/ weapons. Not refilling stamina/ energy like most games. With this game, you can play constantly. What happens is, every half an hour you get a rest point up to a maximum of 10. Each dungeon done with a rest point yields bonus loot drops. So someone that plays far more will get rewards, but the rest system helps people who don't play a lot still be competitive. Also, you can play co-op in dungeons with up to 4 people. Another great thing about this game is the first pull is always a 4*. You can raise a character to 5*, but from what I understand on other forums, is that highest you can pull from the Gatcha is a 4* currently. Also, the game is pretty generous about giving out the premium currency. Within a day or two you should be able to do a 10+1 pull, which helps you get rolling. This game also has town building elements, but no base attacking. I'm not sure if they expand this in later updates or not.

If you start try to reset and pull for either Hao, Mira, or Amalia. The consensus is that those are the best starters with the limited characters we have access to at this time.

Also, I've got a guild up and running, search for Goon Squad. I have to accept invites, so post here if you apply. Guilds get all kinds of rewards for active players so make sure to join up asap.

I'll update this with any more information as the global launch gets a wiki and other resources.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Oct 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
When do you get access to guilds? I completed the starter tutorial and got Sky Island, but I don't see anything for guilds yet. In as DemonMage shockingly.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

At the top of the screen it's the icon with a shield and two crossed swords.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah, it's just greyed out still. So it's gated by level/story access to some degree beyond the basic tutorial. I'll try and pay attention to when it turns on so we can put that in the OP when I have time to play a little more.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

It's not much farther behind the tutorial, I know I got access to it pretty early.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
I think I had to finish the first quest on the second island to unlock guilds, and you are forced to join a guild. I didn't see Goon Squad until I had joined a guild. :v:

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah same. I had to create a guild before I could see it. Refused to even let me close the dialog. And yeah it was after clearing the first set of areas.

And it won't let me leave my guild cause it's the last day of Conquest or whatever.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
twee as gently caress, get in on this poo poo

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

DemonMage posted:

Yeah same. I had to create a guild before I could see it. Refused to even let me close the dialog. And yeah it was after clearing the first set of areas.

And it won't let me leave my guild cause it's the last day of Conquest or whatever.

Same thing happened to me. Ill apply to the guild tomorrow, game seems fun so far.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
How do you reset? My phone appears to have me tied to my googleplay account, without me clicking signing in, so I can't seem to do a quick reset to start over on my pulls :/

Also after the quick tutorial there is one section you have to complete 3 quest to finish a area and then guilds become unlocked

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
wow a free 4* thats generous, tried playing the JP version but the reroll is ridiculous for a 4-5* character.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Tiny Chalupa posted:

How do you reset? My phone appears to have me tied to my googleplay account, without me clicking signing in, so I can't seem to do a quick reset to start over on my pulls :/

Also after the quick tutorial there is one section you have to complete 3 quest to finish a area and then guilds become unlocked

Clear your data, then when it loads up again don't choose anything for Google play. Then get your refill you want and then go to options and tie it to your Google play account then.

The general consensus is that Hap and Mira are the best starters. Although I saw a stream last night with Ushi, who used to be a huge brave frontier player and he started with the corn on the Cobb guy. He's also really far in the game.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Google Play says it's not compatible with my Nexus 7 2013, my Galaxy Nexus phone or my wife's Asus MeMo Pad 7.

Interestingly, it is compatible with my Dragon Touch tablet that's a doorstop specs-wise compared to those three.

EDIT: Sideloaded okay. I got to the Join a Guild screen and it wouldn't show Goon Squad no matter what Advanced settings I tried. Afterwards it showed it, but I got the "last day of Conquest" message so for today I'm stuck in NLNiggers. :allears:

Tomorrow I'll apply as delfinSA.

delfin fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Oct 26, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I couldn't find the guild, so I joined up with a random one for now. Also managed to pull a second 4*, a healer whose name I forget offhand. Got two 3* hammers, so I'm just trying to get my mechanic chick fit into the team with Hao and the healer.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Once this 'Conquest' thing is over, I'll be applying to Goon Squad as 'Nicholas'.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

delfin posted:

I got to the Join a Guild screen and it wouldn't show Goon Squad no matter what Advanced settings I tried. Afterwards it showed it, but I got the "last day of Conquest" message so for today I'm stuck in NLNiggers. :allears:

Tomorrow I'll apply as delfinSA.

Exactly same except OxmanSA. I lucked out with my first pull being the healer chick recommended in op, but now I'm not sure if i should do the 150 weapon pop first or save it for the 250 character pop. I got a 3 star bunny whisperer a 2 star hammer cat and the starting guy.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

My thought process is 2 pulls of 10+1 heroes, then all into weapons.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
As usual for early gacha games, I'm just throwing into whatever catches my fancy as soon as I get the currency. Makes the early game a bit easier and gives me more options to work with.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
So am I supposed to be playing with the basic dude that you start with or should I just be swapping to the 4* hao that I pulled and play the level with her?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Use Hao. Go into team settings, and make a new team and put Hao as the leader. I wouldn't load the team up as some missions want only 1 team member to get that goal completed.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
You can just swipe to pull characters in and out of your team.

Knowing that, I still have no idea how to look at a character's stats and such without adding them. Most games would have a long-press for that.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Long press on the character in the party. Like their whole avatar not the portrait. It will show stats and skills.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Zotix posted:

Long press on the character in the party. Like their whole avatar not the portrait. It will show stats and skills.

Oh, figured it out. You tap them to bring up the Equip/Soul Board tab thing and then tap the portrait there.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

When I find Goon Squad I'll be applying as "Graves"

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
Same but as rotaryfun

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I just hit the part where I have to join a guild but Goon Squad isn't showing up in the list. Did the name change?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
See above posts. It doesn't seem to want to show up at that first opportunity.

I am loving my 4* archer's charge ability: click on her and hold for three beats, release to shoot a triple shot with good crit chances and ridiculous range.

I am not loving the camera -- I have it set to stay behind me / face the enemy as much as possible but it's still tough to see stuff at times.

allsizesfitone
May 7, 2007
People never notice anything.
What delfin said. I joined some random guild and left it immediately, and Goon Squad showed up in the subsequent search. Applied as allsizesSA.

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

Applying to the guild as CupNoodle. I only just saved up for a 10+1 character pull but all I got were 2 and 3 stars. Rip me.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, works now. Applied as Echophonic, unsurprisingly.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Just did my first 11 character pull and got three 4*s, except one of them was a duplicate. I'll take it, though!

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Conquest day is over, send your applications to Goon Squad!

Pfefferbao
Jun 1, 2011
Going to apply as Pbao as soon as the game behaves.

q_k
Dec 31, 2007

Applied to guild as fier.

Fuzzy1
Feb 20, 2011
In as Mochiluv.

Mugalugdug
Aug 26, 2011
Didn't take much resetting until I got a Mira. Applied as Mug.

UScr00ge
Mar 15, 2001

Applied to Goon Squad as UScr00ge.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Applied as Aerox

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I accepted everyone without cross checking the thread because I'm at work. I'll weed out the non goons later. Does anyone want vice guild leader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm sure Hao gets pretty good, but I feel like I'm doing better with Suzune (4* mage) and Olga (3* fighter) at the moment. Maybe fencers are just more middle of the road?

• Locked thread