Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

There are two people in the guild, Ougher and Tricky, that haven't posted or verified their goon-ness. The guild is nearly full so I'm gonna kick them for now. Afterwards we'll have 48/50 members in our guild.

Edit: quoting for new page

Zotix posted:

Also, can everyone go here and add your names to this list so it's easy to check people in the guild to see if they belong or not. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YbxwkDGYjSCxnWs4Tn25lYHo4Bor7dvvA0CjwWMkmY8/edit?usp=sharing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
Was just coming in to post that you can remove me from the guild. Rotaryfun in game. Just can't get into it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I like that they give you runes instead of duplicate characters. What do Rainbow Runes do anyway?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
They unlock more stat boosts on the grid when you get enough of them, I think.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Yeah you use them on the rune grid to do rune surge which boosts stats, the button is the 4 stars in the top left

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, what is up with some of this gear? Does it heavily weight elemental damage or something? I have a handful of 2* items that really outstrip a 3* equivalent with a elemental damage type.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

If it's like any other game, elemental damage is a double edged sword in that if you're using a water sword you'll wreck anything weak to it but if it's strong against water you'll suddenly be doing no damage. So you can argue the case that unless you're doing a mono-element dungeon something that has higher raw damage is better.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Another new event just opened up. Holy poo poo, I don't even know what to focus on at times.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Zotix posted:

Another new event just opened up. Holy poo poo, I don't even know what to focus on at times.

Not that you can actually start it. Keeps kicking me out with an error.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Do you even get anything other than gems and runes from events? Not that the runes aren't good. Also I still suck and can't beat hard of the spirit random event.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Nuebot posted:

Do you even get anything other than gems and runes from events? Not that the runes aren't good. Also I still suck and can't beat hard of the spirit random event.

Unlike other games I've played like this, your event progress seems to actually remain saved. Just get as far as you can, then pick it up when the event returns.

EDIT

A 2 star upgraded all the way to a 3 star and maxed out is basically a 3 star upgraded 3/4ths of the way. Don't be afraid to upgrade those 2 stars, a lot of your damage comes from your weapon.
VVVVVVVVVVV

OxMan fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Oct 29, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Ok, I've done the science. There's really no point in doing the affinity stuff until you're ready to actually start using star gems to level up. There's no stat boost going from 4* to 5*, it just increases cost and opens up the outer ring of level spots. Put those star runes into upgrading weapons early on, I think. Getting it upgraded twice raises the star level.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Oct 29, 2015

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Do you reset all of your progress when you go from 4* to 5*? Or does it carry over your upgrades?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
You keep your level. Only change is cost and upgrades unlocking.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

But affinity is so purestrain anime ~

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

It kind of blows that it costs so much to upgrade your main building. I've run out of space and keep unlocking things, but I can't build any and I don't have enough gold to upgrade.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Nuebot posted:

It kind of blows that it costs so much to upgrade your main building. I've run out of space and keep unlocking things, but I can't build any and I don't have enough gold to upgrade.

Do that one 2p co-op mission, you get like ~18k. Also I've been stashing the buildings I built for classes I don't like/use in my main party

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

Don't do what I just did. Upgrading a weapon resets the levels from enhancing it. I just blew 75k thinking levels would carry over.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kill All Humans posted:

Don't do what I just did. Upgrading a weapon resets the levels from enhancing it. I just blew 75k thinking levels would carry over.

But does it reset the stats? If it does then there's no reason to level up a weapon if you plan to upgrade it.

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

Yes the stats reset.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

That seems like a bad design choice. So I guess if I ever get a 3* weapon don't waste time levelling it and just jump straight to the upgrade.

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

The other way around. Getting a weapon fully leveled up gives way more stats to an item than upgrading it. Upgrading an item just gives it slightly better base stats but costs gold and runes. If you don't plan to put too much into an item then leveling it up is better since it's just gold.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

But wouldn't you level up the upgraded weapon for higher gains?

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah upgrading an item and then leveling would give the best stats but I'd probably save that for 4 star weapons? I'm not sure it's worth throwing that many resources into 3 star or lower item unless it's a really good one.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
You can kick Potator. I don't think I will play any more.

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

After looking into it a bit more I was wrong about how weapon levels and upgrading worked. Items can't be upgraded until you fully level them up first. Here's a link to a reddit thread with info on weapons among other things. https://www.reddit.com/r/runestory/comments/3hr2mz/tips_ive_learned_from_playing_the_game/

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I didn't even know there were 4* weapons. I'm going to keep saving gems until I get Cobb anyway. I really like using fisty dudes and Cobb makes me laugh.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Nuebot posted:

I didn't even know there were 4* weapons. I'm going to keep saving gems until I get Cobb anyway. I really like using fisty dudes and Cobb makes me laugh.

his popcorn explosion attack is legit, it does a bunch of damage and stuns most things. a++ would shuck again

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I think the worst thing about this game is the targeting. This is really apparent in the higher levels of the spirit dungeon where instead of targeting dragons, the game loves to make ranged characters lock on to the silver assholes you only do one damage to and there doesn't seem to be anything you can do about it. Anyone know if there's any way to quickly change target? I've had the game lock on to monsters while something else was right in front of me and hitting me.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Nuebot posted:

I think the worst thing about this game is the targeting. This is really apparent in the higher levels of the spirit dungeon where instead of targeting dragons, the game loves to make ranged characters lock on to the silver assholes you only do one damage to and there doesn't seem to be anything you can do about it. Anyone know if there's any way to quickly change target? I've had the game lock on to monsters while something else was right in front of me and hitting me.

You mean you DON'T like prioritizing every single box within range before everything else?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Nuebot posted:

It seems like the game is expecting you to switch characters often even though it roots you in place and may make you eat an attack if you don't time it right. Though really trying to play twitchy games with swipe and tap annoys me to begin with, so I am probably never going to get in the groove. It definitely seems that if I pick the 'wrong' character for the moment it will just punish me until I switch and there's no way around it.

Can anyone explain how the two camera sliders actually work? There are words in English next to them but for all my experimenting those words don't seem to have any relation on what actually happens. Never mind that marking it with sizes S/M/L is a totally weird translation to me.

At least I got Mira for my freebie so I didn't have to sit around doing resets to get one of the three recommended ones.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
applied as uguu

underscoremx
Apr 4, 2011
applied as rolandp

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Kill All Humans posted:

There are two people in the guild, Ougher and Tricky, that haven't posted or verified their goon-ness. The guild is nearly full so I'm gonna kick them for now. Afterwards we'll have 48/50 members in our guild.

Edit: quoting for new page

Sent in another application.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

One you guys get in the guild, make sure you update the spreadsheet in the OP. So when we look for non goons you guys don't get cut.

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!
My game is crashing constantly whenever I'm in a level. I'm not sure if my phone can't handle the action on screen or if I need to update or something.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

tcjimbo posted:

My game is crashing constantly whenever I'm in a level. I'm not sure if my phone can't handle the action on screen or if I need to update or something.

Mine crashes like a third of the time I scroll through character lists, be it the guild screen or picking a buddy for missions. :shrug:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Are these crashes on iOS or Android? I'd also like to believe it's just an early version of the game too.

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!

Zotix posted:

Are these crashes on iOS or Android? I'd also like to believe it's just an early version of the game too.

Android

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

I'm on iOS 9.1 on my iPhone and the game loves to lag and crash on menus. Fortunately it doesn't seem to crash when I'm in a level.

It's better than my iPad where it crashes on the loading screen and is unplayable.

• Locked thread