Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
the brilliance of "mansplaining" is that whenever a man tries to tell a woman it doesn't exist he is guilty of it

feminist finger trap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Moltke posted:

so nothing

I tried continuing the conversation many times but he had no interest in what I had to say, he just talked at me until I got bored and stopped paying attention

a lot like this conversation now

Moltke
May 13, 2009

circ dick soleil posted:

you seem to do a lot of it

words really dont mean anything anymore

Moltke
May 13, 2009

nomadologique posted:

everyone saying this doesn't exist or is just a reverse-sexist name for something everyone has to deal w is a dude

its real but has nothing to do with gender for the record and learning how to deal with jerks is part of life. this is what i have always held and the hill i will die on

Moltke
May 13, 2009

Troposphere posted:

I tried continuing the conversation many times but he had no interest in what I had to say, he just talked at me until I got bored and stopped paying attention

a lot like this conversation now

keep posting then

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

nomadologique posted:

everyone saying this doesn't exist or is just a reverse-sexist name for something everyone has to deal w is a dude

then a woman comes and says no it's a real thing i've dealt w lots of times (and presumably other women she knows, and they've commiserated) and the answer to her is "no you don't understand"

lol

no people are just saying "don't be a whiny beta and pushy people won't treat you like one" but that's completely impossible I guess and also has something to do with gender?

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

nomadologique posted:

then a woman comes and says no it's a real thing i've dealt w lots of times (and presumably other women she knows, and they've commiserated) and the answer to her is "no you don't understand"

lol

and then the men get really shrill and passive aggressive and a whole bunch of other traditionally feminine qualities begin to surface lol

are beta men the third gender??

Moltke
May 13, 2009
i dont like it when people disagree with me and i would prefer it if everyone would just stop it because you are making me uncomfortable

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Moltke posted:

i dont like it when people disagree with me and i would prefer it if everyone would just stop it because you are making me uncomfortable

:ironicat: :ironicat: :ironicat:

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Moltke posted:

aww :3:

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005

nomadologique posted:

lol

Just like the need for feminism manifests itself overtly in the comment section of any "do we need feminism?" article,
mansplaining occurs whenever a man encounters the term and decides it's not a real thing.

Moltke
May 13, 2009

Moltke
May 13, 2009

let me mansplain the concept of sarcasm to you

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Moltke posted:

let me mansplain the concept of sarcasm to you

you are doing the exact thing you are accusing me of

Moltke
May 13, 2009

Troposphere posted:

you are doing the exact thing you are accusing me of

bingo

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
nice one lol ya almost had me

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

City of Tampa posted:

no people are just saying "don't be a whiny beta and pushy people won't treat you like one" but that's completely impossible I guess and also has something to do with gender?

lol wait i thought the whole idea of being beta was that it's a man who is like a woman?

get your story straight here

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

nomadologique posted:

lol
Do you think it is possible both for people to think it exists as an important example of how certain u.s. cultural factors in treatment of women holds them back from certain roles in society and that it is also used online in a manner that is unfair and exclusionary?

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
The term mansplaining is simply misandry

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

ArbitraryC posted:

Do you think it is possible both for people to think it exists as an important example of how certain u.s. cultural factors in treatment of women holds them back from certain roles in society and that it is also used online in a manner that is unfair and exclusionary?

someone was mean to me, a man, ON THE INTERNET

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

i sure do, and the only thing i've responded to in this thread is ppl outright saying it doesn't exist.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

nomadologique posted:

lol wait i thought the whole idea of being beta was that it's a man who is like a woman?

get your story straight here

i think beta just means "a lesser man."

now, "a lesser man" in whose eyes is the question we should all be asking ourselves.

for you see, what makes a alpha man, really?

someone who can win the fight?

no i say. the alpha man is the man who can walk away.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

ArbitraryC posted:

Do you think it is possible for you to stop talking like a fag?

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

nomadologique posted:

if she'd been wearing a dildo she coulda put it in the guy's mouth to shut him up

you don't wear a dildo, those are handheld or at the most have suction cups on them to hold them to a surface

you're thinking of a strap on

yeah i just mansplained phallic sex toys to you, watcha gonna do about it?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

the conversation can't actually begin until we agree that there are real experiences that the power-group doesn't see.

you have to agree that mansplaining is a real thing before you can start complexifying it.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

The Saurus posted:

you don't wear a dildo, those are handheld or at the most have suction cups on them to hold them to a surface

you're thinking of a strap on

yeah i just mansplained phallic sex toys to you, watcha gonna do about it?

ugh seriously get your poo poo straight

quote:

A dildo is a sex toy, often explicitly phallic in appearance, intended for sexual penetration or other sexual activity during masturbation or with sex partners.

a strap on is a kind of dildo, w the classic logical relationship: all strap on dildos are dildos but not all dildos are strap on dildos

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

thankfully wikipedia has a very helpful picture of "a dildo in the shape of a wolf's penis"

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Wow this thread is really mansploding.

Moltke
May 13, 2009
i think engendering the concept of social power imbalance lends itself to this sort of quibbling by dividing people into camps because of snap unconscious decisions made based on prejudice and impedes meaningful progress, especially when you have thousands of shrieking teenagers as the standard bearers

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
well in that case you weren't specific enough

and that quote doesn't prove anything it says nothing about them being worn. i'm going to need more sources before i believe that strapons come under the category of dildo rather than being their own thing.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

"Anal dildo" redirects here.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i'll show you where you can redirect that anal dildo

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

NWS http://i.imgur.com/QtoDE0w.jpg NWS

that thing is going to split her in half!

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

a miserable little pile of secrets

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
stop womansplaining about devices intended to imitate my genitals to me

you don't even have a penis so i fail to see how your views could be relevant in any manner on this subject

nomadologique posted:

NWS http://i.imgur.com/QtoDE0w.jpg NWS

that thing is going to split her in half!

that's just a sausage dog with its forelegs cut off

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

The Saurus posted:

well in that case you weren't specific enough

and that quote doesn't prove anything it says nothing about them being worn. i'm going to need more sources before i believe that strapons come under the category of dildo rather than being their own thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strap-on_dildo

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

The Saurus posted:

stop womansplaining about devices intended to imitate my genitals to me

you don't even have a penis so i fail to see how your views could be relevant in any manner on this subject

i have a penis and identify as a male so you can go ahead and relax, we're all brothers here

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
oh okay the fact that you're posting itt about feminism poo poo made me assume you're a woman

guess u just beta as hell

have a good one bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Moltke posted:

i think engendering the concept of social power imbalance lends itself to this sort of quibbling by dividing people into camps because of snap unconscious decisions made based on prejudice and impedes meaningful progress, especially when you have thousands of shrieking teenagers as the standard bearers

i think disequilibrium in complex systems is messy as gently caress, and the tumblr energy will die down in a few years once everybody has screamed themselves hoarse. it's "non productive," to be sure, but only w an end-goal in mind that will be necessarily retrospective.

• Locked thread