Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is going to lift the MLS Cup come December
This poll is closed.
Not Mike Petke 5 4.95%
Michel's Stupid Haircut 3 2.97%
A Very Angry Danish Guy 7 6.93%
Some Dudes in Hardhats in a B-Boy Pose 12 11.88%
Nat Borchers' Beard 17 16.83%
Sigi Schmid's Beer Belly 20 19.80%
A Team Effort Because There Are 11 Pla....Just Kidding, Didier Drogba 5 4.95%
The Racoons That Live in RFK Stadium 8 7.92%
Midseason Acquisitions Stealing Time from Talented Youngsters 4 3.96%
Mexico's Favorite American, San Zusi 2 1.98%
gently caress Charlie Davies 8 7.92%
Sebastian Giovinco...Wait, Can He Even Wrap His Arms Around That Thing? 10 9.90%
Total: 101 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

porkface posted:

I wouldn't mind if Dwyer got the first yellow.

edit: given as I was typing this.

Really surprised at the lack of yellows for bitching given out so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

porkface posted:

These teams are so even. It's not just 0-0 even. If one team scores, there's still a strong chance the other will match them goal for goal.

Yeah, regardless of which way this game goes it is super enjoyable and chippy so far. I feel next half is going to be even better/worse.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This game is insane. They sure do show a lot of replays while the game is playing, or Joey cutting and passing a log around.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Unimas is trash. The English feed is awful. Portland is all speed and no technique. KC is getting roughed up and losing their cool.

And this ref is so bad.

This ref is really bad. For both teams, but was Wallace really deserving of a yellow there?! I think that was a horrible call.

Edit: are they actually taking a possible head injury serious?!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

How was that not a red?

Less the push from behind but the ball kick to the head.

VVVv agreed, just frustrating now. Bad ref is making a good game bad.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

porkface posted:

Sucks to see a guy doing as well as Melia to have to step out.

Yeah, aside from a lucky Wallace poke, he has done really well. Glad to see himself and the trainer taking his mental health seriously. - What I imagine Twellman is saying right now.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

porkface posted:

I would keep Melano on to score against the new GK.

* I am not an MLS coach.

You have to shoot the ball in order to score.

gently caress. Nice goal though. Rough. Lot of time left for either or both teams to score more!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

DR AIDS posted:

I can't imagine a worse commentator than this Unimas guy. Seriously loving terrible.

The English speaking guy? The Spanish guy is great.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Dallan Invictus posted:

Okay, Portland, you can win now kthx.

Can we? I hope so.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

El Jebus posted:

I don't think we will make it to pks. Either team will win outright. Either a last minute Jewsbury strike or an early Dwyer pk.

Wow, wrong on all three!

El Jebus fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Oct 30, 2015

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

porkface posted:

If we kept Melano in the lineup we get the goal or at least own the ball. Fochive is fine in spots but he is a huge hole so far.

I never thought I'd agree about someone not being better than Melano, but I stand corrected.

Wow, right in Nemeth's side.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Seltzer posted:

Yea he kicked the ball at a downed player, glad he didn't get booted though.

I wonder if he could pick up a suspension afterwards or if since no one was hurt they would ignore it.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Oh god, Portland in a shootout. Subbed keeper, adi, Gleeson with a fantastic beard... Wow!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

SeaTard posted:

I just noticed the banner hanging there. Is the Timers Army really telling the team that they should be thankful they are there?

I doubt they are saying that.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

whypick1 posted:

Jack TooTheMoonsbury

Jack "Palmer" Jewsbury, nice.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Everyone shoots! Wow!

What a save!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Your Boy Fancy posted:

KWARESEY WILL NEVER PAY TO DRINK IN PORTLAND AGAIN

This is so true and

whypick1 posted:

If I'm Kempin I'd be pissssssssssssssssssssssed so many people hosed up before him.

Seriously. Dude did really well and saved how many? Like 4 which is loving amazing. And then had his on target shot saved instead of shooting wide. Dude should be thanked by his team for letting them even get to the point where he had to shoot.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Bankok posted:

What would happen if tied after 11, they just start back at the 1st? If so does the order have to stay the same?

I think they go to Nike World and compete in a three legged race until a victor emerges.

Sorry, I meant the Adidas campus in north Portland. Not Nike... Obviously...

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

DR AIDS posted:

Besler's chip over the bar was embarrassing to watch.

More or less than Jack's Palmer impression? I think less since power trumps fitness on failed shots.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

whypick1 posted:

Hers going SEA-DAL goes more like their second game this season (where Seattle won 3-0) and less like their first game (first MLS game to have neither team record a shot on goal :stonk:)

I hope every game is a repeat of the game we just watched.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Duro posted:

This just in, I found out through the grapevine the person that argued with Giovinco outside Saputo. Apparently he was insulting him in Italian, which is probably why Giovinco reacted that way. The guy is also bragging about it on Facebook. I'm not gonna post it, but it's pretty stupid (and I'm a Montreal fan)

You are such a tease.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

whypick1 posted:

Columbus Crew >>>>>>>>> Sporting KC >>> Real Salt Lake

Agreed.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Eelface posted:

go meteor/dallas

Awww, pobrecito that doesn't get invited to Cascadia events.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

It's a facial!

Fb, damnit.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

whypick1 posted:

Can you feign the FK like that?

Only pks have that restriction, right?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

More cards for the card God!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

So no Kwarasey for Portland due to eating at chipotle the flu, Gleeson starting in goal.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Fucitol posted:

get this:

no one gives a gently caress about tifos or scarves or anything that a supporter group does in general

But, but all of their hard work!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

whypick1 posted:

Jesus, that was a terrible finish Koffie.

Which is worse, the defense allowing that "shot" or the shot itself?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Fucitol posted:

this game is full of poo poo shooting and good everything else

Yeah, that was it for Vancouver. What happened to early season Rivero?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

whypick1 posted:

Hell of a save by Ousted

Seriously. That was amazing.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Ousted smiling and offering consolation to Urruti. Great game, bad result. More MLS ref poo poo. Everyone should want more Timbers games because these last few have been awesome.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Yes!! More extra time for the extra time gods! I hope this one goes to pks.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Portland sure is passing a bunch... Maybe they should try to get a second?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Wow. Um, go Columbus, I guess? Or is NY the underdog now?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Melano just killed a Dallas player and Michele is being subbed on came back to life! Stayed on and is playing again!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Wow, that was a golazo. Now, if only FS1 could go back to the game and not focus on the log being cut...

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

whypick1 posted:

THANK THE gently caress CHRIST

Can we blame that on Paparatto?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Yeah. Also, Chara was lucky not to get a yellow and I wouldn't have been even been outraged (at anyone but Chara) if he got a red.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Dallan Invictus posted:

The commentary crew certainly are.

Rightly, I think. I think he should have been between the man and the ball but ended up behind him and the goal was scored.

• Locked thread