Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
Pr. George’s officer loses department-issued semiautomatic rifle

The semiautomatic weapon was gone for almost five hours before the officer realized it was missing and a search for it began, county police said after an inquiry from The Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...6ac2_story.html

Can't wait for this gun to end up in a school shooting or worse.

How are the police in your area?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

quote:

Detectives believe that someone may have picked up the weapon after the officer left.
that sort of insight is how you make detective

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Hooded Reptile posted:

Pr. George’s officer loses department-issued semiautomatic rifle

The semiautomatic weapon was gone for almost five hours before the officer realized it was missing and a search for it began, county police said after an inquiry from The Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...6ac2_story.html

Can't wait for this gun to end up in a school shooting or worse.

Um yes my first reaction to "a gun goes missing" is definitely "it will almost CERTAINLY be used in a mass shooting by whoever finds it!" because I too am a well-adjusted individual who doesn't have bizarre mass murder fantasies at all times

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015

Angry Birds Suicide posted:

Um yes my first reaction to "a gun goes missing" is definitely "it will almost CERTAINLY be used in a mass shooting by whoever finds it!" because I too am a well-adjusted individual who doesn't have bizarre mass murder fantasies at all times

that joke went so far over your head...

lol

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

you're right, gun control is good because it keeps murder tools out of the hands of paranoid idiots who wish they were john wayne, pilgrim

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

proof of concept posted:

you're right, gun control is good because it keeps murder tools out of the hands of paranoid idiots who wish they were john wayne, pilgrim

haha that cop should have "controlled" his gun better imo

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Maybe the gun went back to his natural habitat? But since it was raised by humans it will be difficult.

Good luck little gun!

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

did he check the lost and found

Rond
Mar 2, 2015
Wow... how can you lose a gun is beyond me.

He went to buy donuts and forgot it on the table or what ?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

i'm sure whoever took it is a law-abiding citizen who will be happy to come forward and return it once they hear it rightfully belongs to a cop through the media. that or the "have you seen this gun, cash reward if found" posters oughta do it

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
Joe Pesci will be cast as the gun in the upcoming blockbuster movie of the year.

Estelle Getty will be the cop

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Of course the normal thing is to take it home and try to have sex with it in private

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
So someone found an AR-15 just randomly laying on the side of the road like in H1Z1

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
what a wonderful dream

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

Baba Ganoush posted:

So someone found an AR-15 just randomly laying on the side of the road like in H1Z1

Giving way too much credit to whomever found it, Roads are black, guns are black, making it difficult to spot.

Fortunately most police will helpfully leave them on the trunk of their car, making it easier to see.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/seattle-police-embarrassed-by-rifle-left-unattended-on-cruiser-1/

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Why do they keep saying "semi-automatic" like the cops use anything that isn't semi-automatic? The shotguns aren't pump shotguns unless it's the poorest station ever and they just let whoever bring in whatever gun.

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

Dave_Indeed posted:

Why do they keep saying "semi-automatic" like the cops use anything that isn't semi-automatic? The shotguns aren't pump shotguns unless it's the poorest station ever and they just let whoever bring in whatever gun.

It's the current scary buzzword.

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015

Dave_Indeed posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZg4mcYkIwU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

This is terrible! Now some criminal lunatic won't even have to walk down to the store and pick one out (between the Christmas cards and the soft toys)!! :911:

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
Obama took it and he's heading to the border now to give it to El Chapo in exchange for a high five

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Doccers posted:

Roads are black, guns are black,

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Either way, that gun gonna kill a black kid

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Neptr posted:

Obama took it and he's heading to the border now to give it to El Chapo in exchange for a high five

lol

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
lol look at these FAILiberals, if guns kill people then why hasnt it killed anyone loving :laffo: @ all u idiots

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Dave_Indeed posted:

Because "semiautomatic" is a word that no one knows what it means but it sounds like maybe it's a machine gun or something? Either way it's cool/intimidating sounding and we should probably ban it

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

proof of concept posted:

Maybe we could create a society where no one would ever be like that?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Hooded Reptile posted:

The police in my area are so chill that the state regularly threatens them and sends state police in to setup drunk driving checkpoints and issue speeding tickets.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

quote:

Deputy chief Hank Stawinski said tracking down the weapon, which was unloaded, is “priority number one” for the department.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
can't tell you how many times i've put my dept issued firearm on the roof of my squad cruiser and driven away w/o remembering to put it back in the cab, lmao

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Skeleton Ape posted:

Because "semiautomatic" is a word that no one knows what it means but it sounds like maybe it's a machine gun or something? Either way it's cool/intimidating sounding and we should probably ban it

I like to murder chores with my semi-automatic staple gun.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
whoever has the gun now is a lot less likely to shoot someone with it than the cop was

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
If I had that gun...

Oh boy, If I had that gun.

:allears:

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
this wouldntve happened if he had a the gun

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Jabronie posted:

lol

Khorne
May 1, 2002

psyopmonkey posted:

If I had that gun...

Oh boy, If I had that gun.

:allears:
You can get one pretty cheap, like guns are so disgustingly cheap, they should cost at least 10x more than they do.

I'm surprised gun manufacturers or the government hasn't caught on yet, because they could easily tax the poo poo out of them like they do tobacco products.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

cant he just get a new gun

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
Crooked cop leaves gun for gang to commit crimes.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit

Jabronie posted:

haha

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Doccers posted:

Giving way too much credit to whomever found it, Roads are black, guns are black, making it difficult to spot.

Fortunately most police will helpfully leave them on the trunk of their car, making it easier to see.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/seattle-police-embarrassed-by-rifle-left-unattended-on-cruiser-1/

guys...these rifles are too powerful, too dangerous for the public to really need or be allowed to use them

*government employee claiming to be in the protective elite forgets where he set the drat thing and enables a homeless dude to hock it for opiates down town*

• Locked thread