Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

PunkBoy posted:

I'm gonna call the admittedly long shot and say they're gonna still be bros. :colbert:

(Just give Dean something to do, please.)

I hope you're right but honestly can't think of anything that won't feel beneath him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Roman Reigns is Moose except I don't want to cheer for him

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I just don't want the belt on a dude who can't talk and doesn't have Paul Heyman talking for him.

He can't cut 20 minute Rock promos filled with bad jokes. When Roman is allowed to be himself and use few words, he is a decent intense promo.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Oh my god why would you put him over Owens and not Ziggler.

Because Ziggler is over as a face!

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Oh Snapple! posted:

I'm looking forward to the four star match Seth Rollins will carry a pile of trash to.

Roman doesn't really have bad matches on ppv

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Roman's had three world title matches already but this time, sure, he gets it. Whatever.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I hope you're right but honestly can't think of anything that won't feel beneath him.

It won't happen, but I would love if there was a moment where the two of them are facing each other and they go "Well, we knew this day was gonna happen." "Yep." And then they start beating the crap out of each other.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i miss heels that spit green mist

there should be more mist spitting in general

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Mr Muggy posted:

THAT SUPERMAN PUNCH

Dammit, I have to agree.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

PunkBoy posted:

It won't happen, but I would love if there was a moment where the two of them are facing each other and they go "Well, we knew this day was gonna happen." "Yep." And then they start beating the crap out of each other.

They had the moment in that one match where they audibly agreed that loser buys the beers and then they beat the shot out of each other.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Hace posted:

Roman doesn't really have bad matches on ppv

Granted those were all almost entirely carry jobs, but at the same time it's unfair to call Roman a pile of trash, it's not like he's Sid or Ahmed Johnson. The guy's improved a lot over the past year.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
If Roman is going to be in the main event, does this mean Vince will start writing his promos again?

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

He can't cut 20 minute Rock promos filled with bad jokes. When Roman is allowed to be himself and use few words, he is a decent intense promo.

The only good promos he's ever had is when multiple other people do the talking for him. I never got this "JUST LET HIM BE HIMSELF" garbage. He's abysmal on the mic.

I can deal with a champ who isn't particularly good on the mic. I like Bryan well enough and he was hardly Bret Hart on the mic. But Roman's never cut a solo promo in his life that wasn't a huge bore. If he can't engage in feuds without me cringing and rolling my eyes through the promos then I don't want him to have the belt. Simple as that.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

For Ambrose? Del Rio.

Two Tone Shoes posted:

The only good promos he's ever had is when multiple other people do the talking for him. I never got this "JUST LET HIM BE HIMSELF" garbage. He's abysmal on the mic.

Mostly from the way he acts on radio interviews and real life events. He's cool and charismatic outside the WWE's scripted crap.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Guest referee for the title match. Turns.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I think if Roman talked just slightly more than Goldberg that would be for the best.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

DynamiteKidd posted:

Roman's had three world title matches already but this time, sure, he gets it. Whatever.

Right because nobody in wrestling history has won a title after failing repeatedly

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Just give Roman a finisher that isn't "Punch to the Face" and you'll be way better off

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Dr. rear end posted:

Right because nobody in wrestling history has won a title after failing repeatedly

I know, I'm just saying it's not a foregone conclusion (although granted only one of his previous title matches, the one at Mania, really had him presented as THE GUY)

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

DynamiteKidd posted:

Granted those were all almost entirely carry jobs, but at the same time it's unfair to call Roman a pile of trash, it's not like he's Sid or Ahmed Johnson. The guy's improved a lot over the past year.

who cares if its the hardest carry in the history of the industry if he can still be carried to a good match and almost everyone at the top of the card is great (kane aside)

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Robert Plant posted:

Just give Roman a finisher that isn't "Punch to the Face" and you'll be way better off

Yeah like a spear or something

Seriously do you people actually watch this stuff or just whine about it

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Robert Plant posted:

how about a spear

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Robert Plant posted:

His finish is the Spear. The punch doesn't beat anyone.

loving beaten horribly

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Robert Plant posted:

The punch to the face he executes during the Spear is so fast I never notice it I guess?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

DynamiteKidd posted:

The punch to the face he executes during the Spear is so fast I never notice it I guess?

Don't ever drive.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
The punch should be his finisher because his spear is weak. Not Edge or Christian weak, but almost.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

El Generico posted:

Mostly from the way he acts on radio interviews and real life events. He's cool and charismatic outside the WWE's scripted crap.

A lot of people in the world are nice and personable in a conversation but gently caress it up the second you give them a mic.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Dr. rear end posted:

Yeah like a spear or something

Seriously do you people actually watch this stuff or just whine about it

A grand old wrestling internet tradition.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Borrowed Ladder posted:

The punch should be his finisher because his spear is weak. Not Edge or Christian weak, but almost.

I've never understood this criticism. He wrecks dude with the spear and his body is basically parallel to the mat when he connects. It's fine to not like the spear as a finish but Goldberg and Kaitlin are the only two spears that looked better*

*Pooooooounce doesn't count

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I'm not a fan of the spear as a finish in general but if it has to be the guy's finish, Roman's is fine.

The thing is his offense is pretty limited because he (apparently) doesn't have the strength to do many moves on most of the roster. Like at MitB, Kofi and Neville seemed to be there partially because they're two of the only guys Roman can powerbomb on his own

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I've never understood this criticism. He wrecks dude with the spear and his body is basically parallel to the mat when he connects. It's fine to not like the spear as a finish but Goldberg and Kaitlin are the only two spears that looked better*

Rhyno? It's a short list though.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Rhyno's better and that leaves, like, Charlotte and Edge? So he's in the bottom half of Spear users.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Dammit, I have to agree.

Even the dude in a KO shirt was impressed.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Rhyno's better and that leaves, like, Charlotte and Edge? So he's in the bottom half of Spear users.

Lashley, Batista, Big Show

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I'm amazed that BIg Show hasn't retired the spear as a signature move when a much smaller person (whom he's feuded with, no less) has been using it as a finish forever.

Especially since Show's spears are pretty nasty-looking because of his size.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

DynamiteKidd posted:

I'm amazed that BIg Show hasn't retired the spear as a signature move when a much smaller person (whom he's feuded with, no less) has been using it as a finish forever.

Especially since Show's spears are pretty nasty-looking because of his size.

I always thought it was lazy and hosed up of Show to keep using it when feuding with Roman. You've got to protect the finish, especially when your feud is supposed to heat the guy up for Mania.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Charles Gnarwin posted:

The last time he ad-libbed something we got THIS ISN'T BORING, THIS IS REAL LIFE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Tonfa posted:

The last time he ad-libbed something we got THIS ISN'T BORING, THIS IS REAL LIFE

Yeah, in the middle of a Cena promo he had no business trying to get over in the first place.

• Locked thread